• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Pick your poison - what do you want the new name to be?

What do you want the new name to be?

• Redwolves

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Wolves

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Commanders

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Sentinels

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Warthogs

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Hogs

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • WFT

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Defenders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armada

• Presidents

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brigade

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
I can't get mad at this despite the fact that i'm very cynical because I was asking for it... I just think it should have been announced the same time they announced the announcement date...

They do the same thing every time

Horrible idea
Receive criticism
Revise
Act like it was the plan all along

Pretty much. At this point, Wright and the PR folks should look at every decision and discuss ‘what’s the worst possible response to this and how can we get in front of that?’. The fact that they’ve had as many gaffes and misfires as they have and still can’t seem to anticipate criticism is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Pretty much. At this point, Wright and the PR folks should look at every decision and discuss ‘what’s the worst possible response to this and how can we get on front of that?’. The fact that they’ve had as many gaffes and misfires as they have and still can’t seem to anticipate criticism is pretty amazing.

especially when the rest of us see it coming from a mile away....

especially when the rest of us see it coming from a mile away....
We were just talking yesterday. You're announcing it in NYC instead of remote from Fed ex for no good reason. We hate the Giants, we just had verbal beef with them!

Pretty much. At this point, Wright and the PR folks should look at every decision and discuss ‘what’s the worst possible response to this and how can we get in front of that?’. The fact that they’ve had as many gaffes and misfires as they have and still can’t seem to anticipate criticism is pretty amazing.

I can solve this easily. Just call me, bros.

We were just talking yesterday. You're announcing it in NYC instead of remote from Fed ex for no good reason. We hate the Giants, we just had verbal beef with them!

That’s why they aren’t doing it in Newark. 😉

I actually think John is right. They're happily accepting the NFL's push to do it in New York on National TV because they wont be able to hear the 'BOO's' from there.

The release I shared says "Press Event" so it's not even like Fans are welcome, and it syas "remarks" from Tonya and Dan. They'll likely be recorded messages or some prepared statements with little to no actual interaction...

I actually think John is right. They're happily accepting the NFL's push to do it in New York on National TV because they wont be able to hear the 'BOO's' from there.

The release I shared says "Press Event" so it's not even like Fans are welcome, and it syas "remarks" from Tonya and Dan. They'll likely be recorded messages or some prepared statements with little to no actual interaction...
Plenty of actors and interviews are done remote with the same amount of coverage and attention.

This will be big no matter where it is. Why not do it on your turf where you can get attention locally?

Jason Wright isn’t off to the greatest start handling this teams PR. Seems to me he’s in way over his head

Fwiw….Rich Eisen said on his show he’s “hearing Commanders”.

Oh. And he mercilessly mocks the Giants. Which is nice.

Last edited:
Plenty of actors and interviews are done remote with the same amount of coverage and attention.

This will be big no matter where it is. Why not do it on your turf where you can get attention locally?

you will hear no argument from me

I really hate ‘Commanders’. What kind of a name is that for a football team?

No one is going to like the name no matter what it is. To me at least, Commanders is less awful than some of the other ones I’ve heard. I could probably grow numb to it after a while.

No one is going to like the name no matter what it is. To me at least, Commanders is less awful than some of the other ones I’ve heard.

Disagree. I agree that there will be critics of any name they choose. But there are definitely fans of some names vs. others. And there are some that would be worse than Commanders, but there’s hardly a groundswell calling for it either.

I’ll blame Rivera if we end up rooting for ‘Commanders’ based on his fixation on the military. The weird thing is, the names I’ve heard the most support for are the ones they seem bound and determined not to go with, having ruled many of them out already.

Sigh. February 2nd can’t get here soon enough.

I’m still hoping they go off the board and it’s destroyers. If they are really doing misdirection, then it could be something no one has discussed. But I’m expecting it to be something I don’t like.

If it ends up being the Washington Football Team I will straight up drop kick a midget.

Disagree. I agree that there will be critics of any name they choose. But there are definitely fans of some names vs. others. And there are some that would be worse than Commanders, but there’s hardly a groundswell calling for it either.

I’ll blame Rivera if we end up rooting for ‘Commanders’ based on his fixation on the military. The weird thing is, the names I’ve heard the most support for are the ones they seem bound and determined not to go with, having ruled many of them out already.

Sigh. February 2nd can’t get here soon enough.
You’ve had a visceral dislike for commanders all along. I respect that, I just don’t really share it. Of all of the names that are apparently left on the board, that one probably offends me less than the others. Sentinels, maybe? I could take either one at this point.

As to why that might end up being the one, or turns out be Rivera’s “fixation with the military” I’ll just have to wait and see what we learn and decide how I feel about it then.

One thing we absolutely agree on is that we need to light this fucking candle already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.