• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo Lost for Season

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score

http://washingtonexaminer.com/redsk...t-for-the-season/article/2508247#.UFd-BY2PVEM

The Redskins’ defense needed good news. It got the worst instead: two-time Pro Bowler Brian Orakpo and starting left defensive end Adam Carriker are done for the season.

Orakpo tore a muscle in his left pectoral and Carriker tore his right quadriceps in Sunday’s 31-28 loss to St. Louis.

Carriker faces a six-month recovery period; Orakpo faces a four-month recovery.

Jarvis Jenkins will replace Carriker in the starting lineup while Rob Jackson and Chris Wilson will compete for Orakpo’s spot. Both played Sunday. Coach Mike Shanahan said they’ll likely promote defensive end Doug Worthington off the practice squad to take Carriker’s roster spot....

Hope they go sign Markus White back off the TB Practice Squad. He showed real promise in the pre-season.

Really blows for both of them. Our troubled defense, just got more troubled.

Paging Markus White. Your table is ready.

Sons of my bastages ! The hits just keep on coming...

I've seen several places on the net where fans have said that O was hit after the whistle blew. I can't confirm it via any video. Perhaps we will get more info as it becomes available.

It's fortunate that Fred Davis is not paralyzed. Ditto for London Fletcher. I'm really hoping to hear about a bunch of extremely heavy fines against Rams players this week. Ours wasn't the only game that saw this level of violence. This lockout needs to be resolved asap or many of the better players in the league could be lost for the season - or see their careers come to an abrupt halt.

BB, I taped the game so I will watch the tape tonight to see if I can get a look at the possibility of it being dirty.

This is a really bad blow. The injuries this year around the NFL all seem to be of the 'miss the season' variety.

Eagles and Giants both lost OL for the season yesterday.

This is Jenkins' time to shine. Last summer he looked as if he would be the starter at DE as a rookie. He has the skills to be a force if he can make a habit of playing with good technique.

There isn't a replacement for Orakpo. Jackson can rush the passer but looks lost in the run game at LB. Chris Wilson to me is really just a special teamer.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

BB, In my business, it's my job to find, and fix problems. The manufacturers tells us, if the customer doesn't report the problem, there is no problem. I'm betting you don't see any fines being no flags were thrown.

BB, In my business, it's my job to find, and fix problems. The manufacturers tells us, if the customer doesn't report the problem, there is no problem. I'm betting you don't see any fines being no flags were thrown.

Last year they fined a bunch of players who were not flagged. I bet that trend continues.

Last year they fined a bunch of players who were not flagged. I bet that trend continues.

Yes they did, but if they continue with that trend now, it would reinforce the fact the the replacement refs suck, and Roger can't have that.

You know me, always looking for the "dark" side of things.

Forget the refs. The NFL is going to go out of the way not to embarrass them.

The Redskins needed to raise their intensity level yesterday and play harder in that fourth quarter especially on defense.

Instead they simply got upset and let their emotions get the better of them.

Instead of whining at the ref, HIT SOMEBODY!

The Rams were hammering our receivers while we were helping Amendola up off the ground.

I don't get it.

Forget the refs. The NFL is going to go out of the way not to embarrass them.

The Redskins needed to raise their intensity level yesterday and play harder in that fourth quarter especially on defense.

Instead they simply got upset and let their emotions get the better of them.

Instead of whining at the ref, HIT SOMEBODY!

The Rams were hammering our receivers while we were helping Amendola up off the ground.

I don't get it.

You're right. We're not known to be a team that takes a cheap shot, and we needed to give what we were getting. I think it had much to do With Fisher proving to their fans that not taking Robert was the right move, and knew from the week one game that his players could get away with much more then normal.

This is about the only thing I like about the New England Patriots. If Brady gets a little shove while he's down, the OL will gang up on that defender in a heart beat. They take no **** from anyone.

Edit: Yesterday when the play happened where one of the Rams defenders gave Griff a good shot to the head while he was on the ground, Trent Williams needed to grind that SOB into the ground!

Agreed, El. This team lacks a certain toughness at times? You saw it with the Rams as well; if any of our guys came in even a half-second late on a tackle, the other Rams players swarmed them.

Oh there was a time or two Ram defenders were getting in Bob's face after a play and I saw our guys step in the way. It was noticeable enough that even I saw it. :)

I don't think the Redskins were little shrinking violets yesterday. We just got beat. It happens.

I must say I hate to think that the best way to deal with that crap was turn it into an arms race. Should our guys stick up for each other, when they are getting cheap shot? Hell yes. I'm with you that they should have swarmed that bastard for cheapshotting Griffin to the head, or smashing Fletcher after the play, or trying to give Sleepy a concussion.

However, how messed up is it that we are rationalizing that the best way to deal with it is to cheapshot them back? When we are also obsessed with wanting good character guys? Those things seem mutually exclusive in my book, and I hate to think that there would be more encouragement to cheap/dirty play.

Fines need to be levied, and some **** should just be suspended. Allowing it to happen, and encouraging an effective arms race for teams to try and protect themselves as a result, just destroys the game. That isn't what any of us want.

Oh there was a time or two Ram defenders were getting in Bob's face after a play and I saw our guys step in the way. It was noticeable enough that even I saw it. :)

I don't think the Redskins were little shrinking violets yesterday. We just got beat. It happens.

I have been saying this from the start, we just got beat. But I would like to see our OL act like Logan Mankins a little. That's why I liked what I heard about LeRiebus...he had a little attitude. Too bad the talent may not be there.

Edit: Shi No Tenshi, I am not sure I agree with that. You could see that as the day wore on, the Rams were the ones who continued to get the better of us. A couple of good hits back that really made them think twice would have been warranted. If Morgan had punched Finnegan in the mouth the first time he cheap shotted someone, it would have been better than what ended up happening. Andre Johnson still seems like a quality character after his fight with Finnegan.

Worst part of it all, I was hoping the Skins would take a look at that ****head in the offseason!

skins sould try and get that youngster that we had kehl ...he can hit and was fast to cover WR !

Elephant, on an emotional level I completely agree with you. I'd love it if anybody who took a cheapshot on our guys got what was coming to him. Everytime I saw that happen on Sunday I was commenting to my buddies that I wanted very bad things to happen to the guy doing the cheap shot.

In a game going out of control, while it might feel good in the short term to do that, it tends to just end up being worse. Too many times the retaliation feels great but gets you burned worse in the end, since they always seem to get the reciprocator.

Trust me though, I agree with you that I would have loved to see Fletcher get away with dropping that bastard. And if one of our O-Linemen got suspended for a game for trucking the guy that forearmed Griffin, I'd be totally good with that.

The best way to handle a cheap shot is to do what Fletcher did. Take it to the official, and then on the next play force a fumble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.