• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Orakpo Lost for Season

I would still rather bring in the younger Markus White. They are not abandoning the 3-4 and we all know it! We could have had Wade Phillips running the 3-4 for us!!!

I would have rather had JJ Watt here. He could have made Haslett look good!

Over Kerrigan, Lanky?

Over Kerrigan, Lanky?

Don't get me wrong, Kerrigan is one of my favorite players on the Skins b/c of his attitude and work ethic (I own his jersey, and its pretty much the only one I wear anymore), but at this point in their careers JJ Watt is the better player. Now Kerrigan could recapture that mantle for sure, but Watt is a bonafide superstar.

Now, maybe that's coaching, and their roles would be reversed if Kerrigan were in Houston and Watt was in DC, but who knows? Especially now with Carriker going down, having Watt would be invaluable. Let's just hope Jenkins can step in and play like he did before the injury.

Looks like a "source" has confirmed to Rich Campbell that the Redskins will indeed promote Doug Worthington to the active roster from the PS. I've always liked Worthington, he's shown some nice flashes in preseason. Hopefully he can do it when it counts!

Phillips wasn't coming to DC, El. His folks live in Houston. He grew up there. It is about as good a situation as he was going to get. Why would he trade that for DC and mess that Snyder/Ceratto had created here. It is nice to dream but getting Wade here was just that...a dream.

Neo, he would have come if the price were right. But I just say that as wishful thinking mostly. I knew we weren't going to give up on Haslett after one season.

Redskins not the only team getting hit with the injury bug, via JLC:

Eagles put C Jason Kelce on IR, regular designation. Out for the season

We've signed Markus White to the active roster. Welcome back home Markus.

One more roster spot to fill.

Before the season started 31-28 vs the Rams would not have been a shock.

But Dallas losing to Seattle 27-7?

Seattle looked to be in rebuild mode trying to decide on a qb as late as the second to last preseason game.

What about Jerrah's new super duper cornerbacks?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

That guy is Shango. He is on YouTube a lot. He had a huge meltdown when we beat the Boys in Coach Shanahan's debut for the Redskins. :)

That guy is Shango. He is on YouTube a lot. He had a huge meltdown when we beat the Boys in Coach Shanahan's debut for the Redskins. :)
My favorite was Dez Bryant, get your **** together, or you're gonna find yourself in Cleveland at best :laugh:

He should be ok by now, and if not? no big loss, but the fact is that he was a very good OLB who was miscast as a de in buffalo. hes low risk high reward becauise of his past.

Gotta agree with Mike. Merriman was good when he was roided up, but as soon as he went off the juice, he started falling apart. He's pretty much David Boston of the defense now, and I doubt he'd benefit us all that much.

That being said, its the perfect pre-Shanahan Snyder move, so if its made, we'll know what's going on. Sigh.

No chance. Shanny tried that route with Tannard and look what it got us. I hope he isn't dumb enough to waste a long distance phone call on that knucklehead.

Yeah I raised and eyebrow when I read that Merriman was out there but I agree that really would set the team back bringing in an almost has been like him. His personal problems the last few years probably outweighs the yet unknown ability to contribute in the 3-4 again after being moved to the 4-3 in Buffalo.

One thing is for real, although I've been a critic of Rak, the lack of his pressure and presence is going to be hard to cover up with Wilson and Jackson. This worries me but maybe not more than Carriker going down. Jenkins is the great "depth" everyone was so high on is used up as of week #2 of the 2012 season. Not good.

I just wanted to point out that, despite losing and some pretty bad defense, Rob Jackson played one hell of a game.

Funny how runs to the left turn into stops when our OLB doesn't over pursue every single play.

I personally believe Jackson is an upgrade to Orakpo....who I believe is one of the most overrated players in the entire league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.