• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Oh what a difference a decent safety makes...

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score
I was as thrilled with Meriweather's performance Sunday as I was Griffin's. Not only the key INT, but his support and presence was felt throughout the game. Key breakups, key tackles and it seemed like the rest of secondary settled in a bit under his presence. I know it was the lowly and chaotic Eagles but ya still have to make the plays. Call me a little more optimistic -at least about our secondary- than I was even a week ago.

I noticed that too and mentioned it to a couple of people during the game. I want to temper my enthusiasm of course but there was a definite change in the attitude and play of the secondary. More than any other position in football the secondary seems to be reliant on confidence. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it was certainly the best game the secondary has played all season.

Agreed Mike. It was his right knee, not the one he's injured and they said he could have played if we weren't up so much. Hopefully it was just dinged.

I said it in another thread, but I tip my cap to Brandon. I've been against signing him since the beginning, but there was no doubting his influence out there. Now let's see him do the same thing to Romo!

Listened to an interview he had with Larry Michaels when I was leaving the stadium and he said if it were up to him, he will be playing Thursday so it doesn't sound too concerning. ***fingers crossed***

To add to what's already been said, he also seemed to have that veteran, savvy knack for "putting himself into position" to make a play. That, and his speed, and everything else that everyone has mentioned, clearly separates himself from the rest of the pack, when it comes to our safeties

Doughty played two snaps on D, and we were much improved. Coincidence? I think not! :paranoid:

He was a legit first round talent coming out of college. His talent and ability are NOT why he hasn't stuck with anyone else in the NFL so I wasn't surprised at all. If he has grown up any at all off the field, he might be one of the steals of free agency on any team this year.

word is torn ACL for merriweather
gone for the season
god ****ing damnit we can't catch a ****ing break

****!

Are you serious?

I'm literally speechless. The best our D looks all year and now this?

Well, that brief interlude of defensive success was nice. With London in a walking boot today too, I have a bad and queesy feeling about Thursday. Dangit.

On twitter:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Redskins placing S Brandon Meriweather on IR after he suffered season-ending knee injury.

This goes in waves. Last year the Redskins had a fairly healthy roster, it was simply devoid of talent at many spots.

This year we have more talent but have lost what seems like only key players like Orakpo, Davis and Garcon.

Next year the team will probably not suffer any major injuries.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

i swear ...we have a curse on us , every time something good happens ,something worse happens !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.