• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[Official] Get your coaching staff predictions in

tshile

Short, concise answers so it's easy to browse through when we find out the actual answer. What you think will happen, what you want to happen.

I think:
Shanahan and staff fired Monday morning.

What I want:
Shanahan stays

What I want: Shanny stays, coaching staff is upgraded, Rex Ryan for D coord

What I think will happen: Complete overhaul

what happens: Shanahan & staff fired.

desire: Shanahan gets another year with different coaching staff.

prediction: some new flavor of the day coach arrives and we're holding same "fire him" discussion 2-3 hers from now. I know! hire the Baylor coach! Bring in someone whose system doesn't require reading defenses!

What happens: Shanahan and staff are fired

What I want: Shanahan and staff fired

Prediction: We hire a football GM, and he assembles a coaching staff

What happens: Shannahan fired along with everyone else.

What I would like to happen: Shanny stays Burns and Haslett fired and replaced with legit coaches not Shannyfriends. Shanny coaches O and leaves D to new coordinator.

What I want: Shanny stays, and overhauls staff.
What I think will happen: Snyder tells Mike he wants him here, but without control of player acquisition, as he's bringing in a true GM for that purpose, and must partially overhaul the staff. Shanny quits, staff is fired.

Want Shanny to stay with changes to the staff.

Most likely: Snyder spazzes out,firing everyone. Snyder calls in Czabe,Cooley and Pepper Rodgers to consult on next HC and they hire Dick Vermeil.

What I think will happen: I have no idea what Snyder does but I'd guess he shitcans Shanahan or at minumum forces him to decide whether he wants to stay as just a coach and hire a new DC like Ryan or Phillips but I'm guessing Phillips stays in Houston. With all that free agent money he might think that even if Shanahan stays they can bring in enough hype to make the fans go nuts as usual, kinda like in Zorn's 2nd year when they went out and got Haynesworth even though everybody knew Zorn would likely be gone. We all know that Snyder is all about hype even if it doesn't equal winning. I'm just wondering who would coach here if he does fire Shanahan? Would he have to get another Zorn? Hopefully he understands this before he fires Shanahan and gets stuck with Fassel/Mariucci or hires an overhyped college coach.

What I want to happen: Snyder sells the team? LOL but seriously, Part of me thinks Shanahan should get another year because blowing it up will probably backfire as it always does (Snyder effect) and Shanahan has at least won before but in reality I didn't want him in the first place and he has actually been worse than I originally expected. I thought we'd be .500 or better every year but just never win more than 1 playoff game. We've been garbage except for a 7 game run last year running a scheme that was soon made somewhat obsolete by a rule change allowing defenders to maul running QB's and coordinators scheming against it. If Shanahan stays and keeps GM he will probably screw the team long term by going nuts in free agency just to get us back to 10-6 at best which might get him an extension only to see us never even get to the NFCCG. Or we might go 5-11 next year and he gets fired but i see no Super Bowls in Shanahans future.

What I want to happen is the same thing I wanted when Allen/Shanahan got here, to overhaul the team through the draft and young players. No McNabb type deals or signing 30+ year old injured linemen and having a GM making decisions for the future not just to WIN NOW.

I'm starting to think again that no matter what Snyder does it'll backfire because this team has become the equivalent to the 80's Bucs/Cardinals or the 90's Bengals. The Redskins are right there with the Browns, Raiders, etc in winning % over the past 15-20 years despite having 2 SB winning coaches the past decade and probably the highest paid roster and coaching staffs during those years as well.

Want Shanny to stay with changes to the staff.

Most likely: Snyder spazzes out,firing everyone. Snyder calls in Czabe,Cooley and Pepper Rodgers to consult on next HC and they hire Dick Vermeil.

I'm busy freaking out - sorta - looking for a new job. bad time of year! Your post made me laugh for the first time today!

thank you brotha BGOer!

What I want: Shanny & staff are fired. Morocco Brown is promoted to GM, Allen is promoted to VP or something. They hire Kevin Sumlin from A&M to coach, bring in Rex Ryan to coach the D.

What I think will happen (what I want part II): Kyle and Jim fired, Mike stays. Gary Kubiak brought in to run the offense, Rex Ryan brought in to run the D.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

On second thought, I don't think I want Kubiak here. The Texans offense was very predictable this past season.

I'll be really disappointed in Shanny is still coach. He's had his time now the team needs to move on.

What I want: Kyle takes a job elsewhere, Mike is fired, Keith is fired, Jim is shot in the face at close range with a gatling gun. I immediately want Wade Phillips here to run the defense, Chris Beatty to be noticed for the genius he is and brought in as OC, and any young and hungry coach to be brought in as HC.

What I expect to happen: Mike will keep his job, be a lame duck, and we will win 5-6 games if we're lucky. Keith will be gone, Kyle will leave, and I have a disgusting feeling Jim Hasnot will be back again, to continue his long history of worthless coaching.

What I want: The entire staff is fired within 2 weeks. Jay Gruden, from the playoff-bound Bengals is brought in as the new HC, and he leads us to 7 playoff appearances in the next 9 seasons.

What will happen: The entire staff is fired within 2 weeks. We make an enormous mistake, and hire Art Briles, who is a bigger joke than Steve Spurrier, as our next HC. We go 3-13 next season, and either by injury or lack of development under Briles, RG3's future is done. We compete for Jameis Winston in next year's draft. Redskins fans are once again split into two camps--those who want to draft Jameis, and those who want to trade Jameis for 3 first rounders.

I am one of those in the camp of Wade Phillips as the DC here, but the likelihood of Wade Phillips, a Texas man through and through, coming to DC is...about as likely as McD5 giving up talk of Jameis Winston replacing the oft injured RG3. ;)

So here's how I see this play out. Shanahan and Snyder sit down to iron out details of the future. Snyder tells MS he is out as the VP and that a true GM is being brought in to run things. Let Shanny coach and that's that. Haslett and Burns are immediate firings along with the majority of assistants on the defensive side of the ball. The new GM hires the DC and he will give Shanahan the courtesy of consulting on the decision, but Shanny's days of autonomy are over.

Shanahan of course rejects this and retires.

Snyder puts AJ Smith in charge and together they go out and hire the new HC. And I am terrified it will be Art Briles!

What I want to happen.

Snyder says **** it and fires Shanahan and the whole crew. Bruce Allen is made VP of Financial whatever the **** and kept out of player personnel. A complete house cleaning from top to bottom in the Front Office, including AJ Smith, Morocco Brown and the lot.

Scott Mcloughlin from Seattle is brought in as the new GM and he assembles the team from the Head Coach all the down to the backup long snapper.

I think we get our asses kicked tomorrow and that's the final nail in the coffin for Shanahan. He's fired Monday at 9am.

I hope we play well enough to grant Shanny a stay, with a diminished role in the organization. He needs a GM running the show, and I'd like to see us bring in someone from Seattle, BMore, NE, etc. Let's go poaching!

I don't have a damn clue...

...and to be honest, I'm not sure even Snyder knows what is going to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.