• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

[Official] Get your coaching staff predictions in

Everyone keeps repeating the 'oh God, what if we hire Art Briles!' Mantra, but how many of us really know a damn thing about Art Briles? All I know is that he's mostly come in to programs (Texas Tech, Baylor) and totally turned them around. He's a religious guy...beyond that, I don't know much about him. I know the immediate reply I'll get is that 'his offense doesn't require the QB to read defenses' which I think while it may be technically true, isn't entirely factual. His programs have produced some pretty good QBs however and he also has a pretty good eye for talent (believe he discovered a kid named Wes Welker for example). I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job, but I also don't think he should be ruled out - and that many groaning about the possibility may not have any factual rationale for mocking the idea.

Personally, I think the chance that Snyder makes good decisions after the Shanahans depart is very slim. He doesn't know how to build a winning franchise, and sadly I see no evidence he will figure it out this next do-over.

Only if you wear the little cone-shaped bra and Madonna headset like last time...

I'm not worried about them hiring Briles. He just signed a new, fat contract with Baylor and really hasn't ever shown any signs of wanting to coach outside of Texas or move to the NFL. Granted, I don't eat dinner with the guy so I could be totally wrong but I just don't have the feeling that he is a real possibility. I think if he is leaving Baylor it is to take Mack Brown's place in Austin.

Whatevs. My cone bra ROCKS.

I still haven't mastered the high heels though. :(

i keep trying to figure out where this train jumped the track, but can't

apparently everyone here wears bras but me. the question is, am i the one in the wrong?

I think there's going to be a house cleaning with this whole staff and fresh blood brought in.

I WANT a rabbi, shaman, school teacher, priest, monk and a witch brought in. They can converge on redskin park joining forces to rid whatever ****ing voodoo plague that's cursed us for so long.

Would say ppv it and donate the money to a local charity although the FCC may frown upon a human sacrifice.

Maybe have this guy pull Vinny's heart out at the stadium.

Whatevs. My cone bra ROCKS.

I still haven't mastered the high heels though. :(

When you're this sexy the heels are secondary.

madonna.jpg

Bill O'Brien is off the market. He will be hired by the Texans.

Too bad - I thought he was one of the best names being tossed around.

Shanahan and staff gone after 24-40 over 4 years.

A new GM who will then select an ambitious younger coordinator or assistant coach that can bring in some energy and focus on the future rather than a discussion of what he accomplished 10 years ago.

And for those who are mathematically challenged, that's only a .375 winning percentage.

Or about 38%

True, but they also delivered a great season last year and an NFC championship - just to be fair.

A new GM who will then select an ambitious younger coordinator or assistant coach that can bring in some energy and focus on the future rather than a discussion of what he accomplished 10 years ago.

That is about as likely as my wife giving me a week's pass and getting an invite to Hefner's mansion with all the ..umm.."amenities"...included.

What I want:
The entire staff to be fired with the exception of Bruce Allen and Morocco Brown. Hire a football GM or promote Brown. Several good names have been suggested in this thread. Hire David Shaw or Jay Gruden as HC. There will be several good DCs available.

What I think will happen:
See above.

Everyone keeps repeating the 'oh God, what if we hire Art Briles!' Mantra, but how many of us really know a damn thing about Art Briles? All I know is that he's mostly come in to programs (Texas Tech, Baylor) and totally turned them around. He's a religious guy...beyond that, I don't know much about him. I know the immediate reply I'll get is that 'his offense doesn't require the QB to read defenses' which I think while it may be technically true, isn't entirely factual. His programs have produced some pretty good QBs however and he also has a pretty good eye for talent (believe he discovered a kid named Wes Welker for example). I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job, but I also don't think he should be ruled out - and that many groaning about the possibility may not have any factual rationale for mocking the idea.

Personally, I think the chance that Snyder makes good decisions after the Shanahans depart is very slim. He doesn't know how to build a winning franchise, and sadly I see no evidence he will figure it out this next do-over.

For starters, he's 59 years old. 60 before the season starts.

Now do you want a ten year coach, or another five year coach? Legitimate question.

Last edited:
A Briles signing would be a major symptom of a bigger problem. I don't know anything about him, but I do know that the only reason his name is even being mentioned at all is because he was Griffins coach in college. Thats a terrible terrible reason to hire an NFL head coach, and yet its something Dan Snyder would do.

If Snyder is this changed man I keep hearing about, Briles name won't be floated around by anyone associated with the Redskins.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.