• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Week 2 - WFT vs. New York Giants

Kendall Fuller 100% has had two rough weeks. That all being said, we need to keep in mind that he had a few good snaps towards the tail end of last night's game if I remember correctly. Not that it makes up for the rest of it, but it is something to build on as we move forward. As a unit, the entire defence has largely laid an egg and Kendall in a nutshell has encompassed and reflected that. Let's keep in mind that he has rarely been a liability for this team in the years he played in Washington. He has consistently been one of our better defenders overall. I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt...at least for a few more weeks.😉

I watched Davis a good bit last night when he was in. He played one pass underneath to the back perfectly on 3rd down and prevented the 1st. Most of the other plays I watched him on, he appeared to be playing his assignment well enough that the ball went somewhere else. No clue how many actual snaps he was in on though.

Last night we got a little glimpse of what it is like to step into the shoes of a Packers, Patriots, or Colts fan over the years. Don't get me wrong - I am NOT calling Taylor Heinicke Brady, Rodgers, or Manning! What I am saying though is that sometimes having a bit of magic at QB and having a guy you can lean on to make clutch plays at QB makes all the difference in the world. If people think that years of success in New England for instance were always due to sound play in all three phases of the game, they are dreaming. Sometimes the QB needs to bail you out. It was nice to experience that for once. Now the real key will be to continue to have Taylor gain confidence while the defence and coaching gets up to speed. Then, we might be cooking.😊

Good morning! So I watched the first half of the game with my son last night. He was telling me how the Footballers should win by a few TDs and anything less would be a disappointment.

I told him, this is the Giants. ANY win against a team that has your number this bad is a good win. I said win by two points, win by one. I don't care. Against a team like this you take any win you can get and it's a big deal.

This a big deal. This was the Monday Night Miracle ... ok, the Yom Kippur Miracle. At 29-27, after a huge miscue, with two minutes to go, against a team that had won four straight against them, the WFT should have been dead and buried. The WFT had been shooting itself in the foot all night, as if it expected to lose AGAIN to Daniel effing Jones. But they found a way to actually pull out a win.

You start with the small victories and you build on them. I wouldn't read too much into any of the details or try and extrapolate what will happen against better teams. Slaying the Giants was a step that needed to be taken.

I'm not saying the team is destined for greatness but without this win I would say they probably aren't.

They have ten days to figure out Buffalo. Let's see if they can build on this and get it done.

Nice to finally win a wild, bonkers game for once!! Taylor impressed me in that he did damage from IN THE POCKET. It wasn't his wheeling and dealing, broken plays type game like when he played Tampa.

Humphries had some under-the-radar big catches in clutch moments to keep drives alive, bail out Taylor, and I think he set up the game winning field goal.

Shocker - feed your best weapons, Terry and AG - and good things can happen.

Were you not entertained?

What an antique without seatbelts roller-coaster ride of a game that Washington always comes up short on. If the defense ever lives up to it’s potential…

I have the feeling they instructed Heinicke not to take off unless it was wide open. I think they realize if he gets hurt that we really are in big trouble with a still gimpy Kyle Allen backing him up. I sort of hope they move past that because his mobility makes him a different QB.

Did Flowers start last night? Has he moved up the depth chart?

Not sure if he started, but I saw him in the game

I certainly enjoyed seeing Golladay going off on the sidelines. Apparently their first round pick Toney did, too.

Judge has no control of that team.

We should’ve lost that game last night by all rights but it could’ve gone either way based on numerous factors. Just the officials calls alone could’ve flipped it one way or the other as phantom calls were made against both teams and obvious other calls blown or not made at all (the non- first down call, even after review, on the Heinicke trip and scamper across the ground untouched blew my mind! How do you get that one wrong?!).

More games are lost than won. Not sure who said that but the Giants special teams unit sure agrees this morning.

Whether we deserved to win last night or not, whether we were even the better team last night - I don’t care. We’ve come out in the short end of the stick in so many of these, we were over due for some good fortune. As Henry said so well, a win is a win is a win and we live to fight another day.

I certainly enjoyed seeing Golladay going off on the sidelines. Apparently their first round pick Toney did, too.

Judge has no control of that team.

Yeah - that was really a bad look.Cussing out your head coach in front of the camera on National TV isn’t good. Wonder ifJudge will do anything about that?

(the non- first down call, even after review, on the Heinicke trip and scamper across the ground untouched blew my mind! How do you get that one wrong?!).

The WFT was getting bad spots all night, but that had to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen. How do you miss a spot by FOUR YARDS?

Probably this youth league punishment:

Yeah - that was really a bad look.Cussing out your head coach in front of the camera on National TV isn’t good. Wonder ifJudge will do anything about that?

The WFT was getting bad spots all night, but that had to be one of the worst calls I've ever seen. How do you miss a spot by FOUR YARDS?

Twice. The second time they missed it in slow-mo on review. *headdesk*

We should’ve lost that game last night by all rights but it could’ve gone either way based on numerous factors. Just the officials calls alone could’ve flipped it one way or the other as phantom calls were made against both teams and obvious other calls blown or not made at all (the non- first down call, even after review, on the Heinicke trip and scamper across the ground untouched blew my mind! How do you get that one wrong?!).

More games are lost than won. Not sure who said that but the Giants special teams unit sure agrees this morning.

Whether we deserved to win last night or not, whether we were even the better team last night - I don’t care. We’ve come out in the short end of the stick in so many of these, we were over due for some good fortune. As Henry said so well, a win is a win is a win and we live to fight another day.

McKissic not Heinicke, no?

Deserve has nothing to do with it.
~Snoop Pearson

Yeah, thanks - not enough sleep :)

Watching the after show interview and the crowd behind them kept singing hail to the Redskins over and over. I was dying laughing because it's a taboo song now..but, ol crackhead Irvin hated it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.