• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread Week 2 - WFT vs. New York Giants

Great stats, Om!

• Fist Bump
Reactions: Om
I mean - I get it. Justin Herbert is insanely good and they have weapons all over the offense. But just say 'they were better than us', don't put forth an implied excuse that gives your D a pass. That was the least 'Rivera-like' presser I've ever seen. I feel like he's protecting Del Rio from being criticized.

I’m with you here and that is a lame excuse. However, the Chargers did get a new coach and a new system. So there may be some validity to it. It just sounds lame coming from a coach because you are admitting that other guy was smarter than you and you were not properly prepared.This is a fan excuse not a coach excuse.

We saw a real football team starting to come together at the end of last season. The first real football team we have had here in a while. We can't lose sight of that.

They get a pass for the Tampa playoff game as the odds were stacked hugely against them and they still stayed relatively competitive.

The Chargers game feel like the type of kick to the stomach and harsh lesson a young team that thinks they are a bit better than they really are needs to take every once in a while. In theory, it should serve as a reality check.

If Thursday turns out to be much of the same as this past Sunday, I think things could go sideways really fast.

If we play and show up, we can all take a deep breath knowing that just maybe this time around the train is headed in the right direction.

TE Evan Engram ruled out for the 2nd straight week, will not suit up Thursday night.

Everybody can take a deep breath and let out a sigh of relief. It is all going to be okay tonight for the WFT.

I am starting Saquon Barkley and the Giants D in fantasy, so that means we should score around 35 points and hold them to a field goal.

Apparently horrible weather going on.... sorta hate that as it becomes a wildcard where anything can happen.

Sloppy slopfest. Chances of injury, fumbles, whatever.

Wouldn't be surprised Saquon goes wild and Danny gets win number 5 in a row....

I would think it's more likely he goes down - he's coming into the game with a gimpy knee.

The defense still sucks and is overrated.

On a positive note, interception aside, Heinicke made some good throws.

……..

Average points scored by week one winners ... 30.

Be nice to see the TH4 Era begin with something even remotely approaching that number.

You threw a bullseye on that one.

I realized I reversed jinxed Danny Dimes and Saquon. LOL

Since I'm up and probably won't sleep for a while, here are my immediate thoughts.

Henicke showed he can be the guy. Obviously, he has to keep playing like this, but coming back after that INT showed a ton of heart. He just made play after play after play.

McLaurin is still amazing. I can't add any more than that. He's just so good.

The crowd impressed me. There are always a bunch of Giants fans there, but the crowd got loud and helped with some false starts late. They were also singing Hail to the Redskins during the post game show which was cracking me up.

The play calling on both sides of the ball sucked. Apparently if your last name is Turner, you just refuse to run the ball. On defense, Del Rio believes the hype of the line more than the players. You have to show more pressure early to keep the OLine guessing. He thought his 4 would beat their 5 and they did not. He finally started brining pressure late, but some more early would have helped.

Speaking of the defense, these guys need to be humbled. As I mentioned above, they consistently got beat by the lineman all night. You want to talk a big game, back it up.

Hopkins needs some competition. He is very lucky to get a second chance at a very makeable FG.

Lastly, I'm glad the Giants are the Giants. Penalties, dropped passes, an extra shot at a FG. Don't ever change NY.

Heiny has some kinks to iron out. Sometimes he throws ducks and his accuracy is not quite pinpoint yet. But damn, when he's on point, the ball placement is naturally PERFECT. He'll get used to the pressure with time and if his body holds up. He also brings a sense of calm as he usually reads the field well and isn't freezing up like the unprepared Haskins.

Looks like he's lost a step of mobility after he bulked up though.

There is a lot that needs to be improved on this team as we progress through the season. There is no doubt about that.

We are currently seeing signs of a very young team early on that does not quite understand the level required to be elite. They are quickly seeing that playing with an elevated level of expectations is a different animal.

At the end of the day, tonight wasn't pretty, but for a team that is still growing and maturing, it can serve as a springboard as the year moves forward.

For a fanbase that has been starving for wins, I suppose we should take them as they come and not be so concerned with the aesthetics.

Heinicke's progress tonight might be the silver lining, despite some of the ugliness we watched around him.

Fuller is regressing.

Hopkins is not reliable

Scott Turner needs to go.

Del Rio needs to get his shit together.

Hienecke is a stud
Terry is a monster
Gibson is becoming a great back
Thomas has hands like a vice

What a finish to to lasnights game . I can say that I'm no longer cautiously optimistic about the QB other then being worried about durability he's a gamer and fun to watch . McLaurin is beast and Gibson is too . Cosmi had a pretty bad game penalty wise but getting the growing pains out early will help in the long run . Not too sold on Leno yet as I liked Lucas at LT better last year .

Defense : Allen played a great game. We got good pressure, liked what I saw from Holcomb and Bostic and has anyone seen Davis yet:unsure: I thought the secondary had a rough one weather it was falling down in coverage or simply just blowing assignments .They need to clean up the backend

Thank God for offsides penalty on the final kick otherwise that would have been Hopkins last kick as a Redskin. I have lite confidence when he lines up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.