• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 16 - Commanders @ 49ers

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Washinton Commanders (7-6-1) @ San Francisco 49ers (10-4)

Commanders Helmet Logo Away.png
@
San Francisco 49ers - Helmet - Home.png

When: Saturday, December 24th, 2022 - 4:05PM
Where: Levi's Stadium - Santa Clara, California
How to Watch: CBS - Coverage Map (expected to be posted Wed)

Brian Robinson 2.jpg

Last edited:
I am not looking forward to this game.

I’m broke…because I spent all of my looking forward money last week.

028B0070-299B-4802-83AB-06F104DBF8D1.jpeg

I think there needed to be a change at QB this week. I didn’t expect it to happen because Rivera and Turner’s MO seems to be that they’d rather ride off the edge of a cliff Thelma and Louise-style than admit their plan isn’t working.

Race you to the bottom :)

I don’t believe San Fran is unbeatable especially with a semi-healthy Brock Purdy under center. 4 team including some not great ones (Bears, Broncos, and Falcons) have shown that this season. But Shanahan will want to embarrass us so there’s that.

I have no idea what will happen. If this group had the ability to seize the moment when it really matters you’d have thought we’d have seen it last week. So…

If we were playing a team with even an average defense, I'd agree the best interest of the team might be served by starting Wentz or even Howell on Saturday, if for no other reason than to shake things up and that San Fran wouldn't know what to expect. Against average defenses the offense under TH4/Turner is good for maybe 20 points ... BUT ... the defense we're going to see this weekend is badass right now--we haven't seen anything like it this year.

With the OL issues we have on top of that, I look for whoever is behind center for us to have a very long day indeed. Wentz would get mauled given he "holds the ball" too long just like TH4 tends to do, and ain't at his best trying to run quick-strike short touch passes. My mind's eye recoils in horror at the imagined sight of the immobile (comparatively) Wentz getting steamrolled and turning the rock over multiple times. And since we pretty much know for a certainty that Ron won't go rogue and start Howell, I won't waste our time on what that might look like.

TH4 gets this start, runs for his life all day, and hopefully gets us 17-20 points and to least give the D a chance to compete. Sadly, I am having a queasy feeling our D is going to struggle with the speed and versatility the 49ers are going to bring. I'm hopeful we'll be competitive, but am having a hard time envisioning us holding them under 20.

But ... that's why they play the games.

Way I'm seeing it today, this is likely the last start for Taylor Heinicke in Washington.

Anyone ready to call Charles a bust yet?

Anyone ready to call Charles a bust yet?
Yes.
Credit to you Mike for calling it long ago.

Was excited when he was drafted...thought they found a diamond in the rough but he's never developed.
Only goes to make me wonder about Chris Paul and whether he'll ever be good enough to see the field.

I don't think Rivera is as tough or as motivating on his players as he claims to be.

Panthers and Chiefs are rolling. This is great for us.

And the most fraudulent 11-3 team I can remember is losing at home to the Giants.

not really happy about this being publicly reported... even though we all kind of know it.

Fire wright
Fire Donaldson
Fire Rivera

All three of them could have stopped that. None did.

I get that. But every coaching staff on every team should have a plan to make changes in every game. So this may not be a big deal even if it’s being shared as one. In other words, I don’t think this is controversial in any way. Not at this point. It probably would have been if this were 3 games ago when the team was winning.

"hey, Kel. I'm not going to tell you directly, but know that the coaching staff has said if you fuck up you're fired."

What kind of motivation is that? We all know in our lives that the next person up is lingering there just waiting, but why the added vocal pressure?

Rivera is a soft ass. He needs to go.

Edit: that's not me talking to you. Just an example. I don't want to come across like an ass ...any more than I normally do.

Good King Wentzeslaus to the rescue! An Xmas miracle! HEHEHEHEH

You could see an immediate difference when Wentz went in. Hit wide open receivers with velocity. No. He’s not the long term solution, but he’s much better than anything Heinicke brings to the table.

No - they are still in it actually :)

There should just be a game of rock paper scissors for the final WC spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.