• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 11 - Commanders @ Texans

More, we won a game we were supposed to easily. That’s been quite rare.
Right, that is the big takeaway from today. This was a game they should win convincingly and they did. Yeah, they need to improve on offense, but the defense was so dominating today, they didn't need much from the offense. And even though I wanted to see three offensive TDs today, I was fine with it. Because they beat up the Texans so much on defense.

According to 106.7 Sports Junkies they are upset because Washington ONLY won the game by 13 points :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A few weeks ago at 1-4 people were talking about draft position. Geez.

Can't anyone in the media celebrate any good news?

According to 106.7 Sports Junkies they are upset because Washington ONLY won the game by 13 points :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

A few weeks ago at 1-4 people were talking about draft position. Geez.

Can't anyone in the media celebrate any good news?

I admit was a little miffed that they let the Texans score that garbage TD, but then again the team did get a pointless TD at the end of Eagles game last week so I guess it all evens out. :)

Yep, and for all those media heads that are crowning Dallas for their victory against Minnesota, remember the same Dallas team lost a 14 point lead to the Green Bay Packers the week before, a team that both Washington and Philly beat :hammer:

Doc Walker on the post-game yesterday was as over-the-top as I've ever heard him. He calmed down after a bit, but I really couldn't believe how harsh he was being. He kept saying 'This is not how a championship team performs' but I think the obvious answer to that is 'This is NOT a championship team!'. Yes, the offense leaves a lot to be desired but until we have a great QB under center, I'm not sure how we can expect greatness? Warts and all, that was a pretty dominating performance yesterday. We would've scored at the end had we wanted to if folks needed a wider margin to feel better.

Not gonna lie, we didn't play offensively as well as we should have against a one win team. One touchdown and 3 field goals doesn't instill confidence that Turner knows what to do. I see 3 stalled out drives.

Am I happy we won? Absolutely! But, I'm not fooling myself with it either just because I'm happy

Made it through a whole game without Heinicke throwing a pick...I know,I know...he had a couple of close calls.

Baby steps....

lol
Only the 2nd game all year without a turnover. The other was the Bears game.

Doc contradicts himself a lot.

I recall a number of years ago he was all over the other media and fans for close wins under Kirk Cousins by saying that 'a win is a win' in this league and it doesn't matter how you get the 'W'.

Yada, yada, yada.

I also don't like Doc's about face about the Washington Redskins. It's one thing to criticize the name but for him to say he was a bit embarrassed to wear the uniform representing Redskins because of the social implications back in the day.

Walker never said that while he was playing. He took the money and kept his mouth shut if that was the case.

And when Snyder first bought the team I don't recall Walker going to Dan to ask him to change the name.

All of this revisionist history came out since 2007 or 2008 when the trademark case was making its way through the courts and a lot of political pressure was starting to build for a name change and it appears Walker was just riding the wave.

He needs to be honest with himself.

I'm with Mike.

Happy as hell that we won... really happy we did it where the game was never truly in doubt, and the team didn't fall victim to the trap game we all feard on the podcast. The defense did what it was supposed to 100%. The offense had flashes of 'having their way' but again it was inconsistent. The first 2 drives of the game netted 3 yards. The first 3... less than 40. A LOT of opening drives with Robinson plowing into the middle of the defense (predictable). Heinicke had AT LEAST 2 dropped interceptions.

Good teams win the way we did yesterday... So i'll admit, we're a good team, but that floor is elevated exponentially with a defense that is playing top 3 - 4 in the league. I'm honestly not trying to discourage excitement, because the win was good, just trying to keep myself level when looking at the scope of the league. I think we can be really happy about the win, but still be realisitic about what we saw... and hopeful to see 'more' as the season goes on.

Doc contradicts himself a lot.

I recall a number of years ago he was all over the other media and fans for close wins under Kirk Cousins by saying that 'a win is a win' in this league and it doesn't matter how you get the 'W'.

Yada, yada, yada.

I also don't like Doc's about face about the Washington Redskins. It's one thing to criticize the name but for him to say he was a bit embarrassed to wear the uniform representing Redskins because of the social implications back in the day.

Walker never said that while he was playing. He took the money and kept his mouth shut if that was the case.

And when Snyder first bought the team I don't recall Walker going to Dan to ask him to change the name.

All of this revisionist history came out since 2007 or 2008 when the trademark case was making its way through the courts and a lot of political pressure was starting to build for a name change and it appears Walker was just riding the wave.

He needs to be honest with himself.
Loved Doc back in the day.
Now? Not so much.
I think that he took too many hits to the head. Seriously.

I still love that tackle. He lands on his back and was scared to go up the gut after that.

I get liking the play from a ‘damn that was manly’ standpoint. But the truth is, it was a stupid unnecessary move and could’ve gotten the player hurt (which is why it’s a penalty to begin with). On top of that, Ridgeway is the guy who cost us a chance at tying or winning the Vikings game with another stupid penalty. He needs to get his head out of his ass :)

I go back and forth on this play. I will admit I was pissed off in the moment because I thought it was unnecessary and obvioulsy would draw a penalty.

The old schooler in me loved it. Similar to that guy finishing a hit on a QB that creates happy feet in the pocket, or when that 'bulldog' of a hockey player finishes a check or participates in a fight knowing it's going to effect the game in some way. Not necessarily DIRTY in the sense that it was a head hunt, or meant to inflict a major injury. It's a dog mentality, and we need dogs. We need guys that are going to punish people, not by taking cheap shots, but by making them hesitate and think about what they're doing, even for a split second.. it matters.

That said, i still think it was unnecessary.... but cool lol... is that allowed? It was going to draw a penalty... it was going to be an automatic first down... it was 100% against the rules of the current game... but it did set a tone, and nobody got injured. I also do not want to be a hypocrite... I've said forever that I would rather have a guy you need to reel in instead of a guy you always need to push...

I get it - but I want to win, more than I want to see a testosterone-generated highlight play. That’s two games and two unnecessary egregious penalties from the same guy. He literally may have cost us a win that could keep us out of the playoffs the week before. Not smart.

If Jon Allen is not upset by it then I’m not either.

if that had been Antonio Gibson or Brian Robinson who’d gotten slammed on their back, bet he’d be humming a different tune :) And so would you guys.

When Trent Williams pancakes a guy - we praise it
When a RB trucks a guy - we cheer
When Sean hits TO until he gives up - we brag

Ridgeway didn't hit after the whistle and the RB was still trying. Wanna give up? Give up....go down. Your center of gravity and mass will put you down on your own. But, he didn't. His neck and head were not hurt and it was not after the whistle. The refs are just soft now and not used to real hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.