• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 10 - Commanders @ Eagles - MNF Edition

Good Morning Football is talking about how "infectious" Taylor is and how everyone rallies around him. They talked about how excited he gets and how you can see the team also get excited.

I gotta admit they're right. The team just hits a different level when Heinicke is pumped up and playing well.

Defense put the specs on Taylor, clearly trolling Cousins (or Grant P).

31F8CCBB-02AE-44EA-B132-2F03A082AA69.jpeg

I'm not really a fan of that. We didn't beat the Vikings right then...they did it when they beat us. I would have rather seen a different unique celebration instead of copying the QB who beat us.

Mike Quick only had 3 games against the Redskins where he was over 100 yds. Two of them were in 1983, Green’s rookie year. Not sure if Green was covering him or not. His other big game came in 1988. Probably Darrell Green covering him, but who knows. Bottom line is Quick could not hold Monk’s jock strap in any receiving category.

Sirrianni looked like a real jackass making that kind of remark, something you’d expect from a classless Eagle’s fan, not a head coach.

Classless Eagles fan is an oxymoron.

They booed their team while they left the field at halftime. Cheesesteak for lunch today in celebration.

At the end of the game, had a huge smile and a nice feeling of confirmation about me.
Because what I know has always been true proves itself over and over.

Joe Gibbs offensive football is a winning formula that still works in this league.
Run the ball, stay ahead of the sticks and be opportunistic in the pass game and you’ll control the game.

This should be the formula going forward.

At the end of the game, had a huge smile and a nice feeling of confirmation about me.
Because what I know has always been true proves itself over and over.

Joe Gibbs offensive football is a winning formula that still works in this league.
Run the ball, stay ahead of the sticks and be opportunistic in the pass game and you’ll control the game.

This should be the formula going forward.
Ironically the 8-0 Eagles do a LOT of running. Also, in that game, when down in the 4th quarter, Sanders was still getting huge carries. Does Turner do the same thing if we are down in the 4th? I still have trouble believing Turner understands how this is a winning philosophy. I am convinced that Turner's bend towards passing is unbreakable, and that is because of last year, following an unbelievable 4-0 record including some really good teams, he went right back to the garbage playcalling again. So I'm thrilled with the win, but I can't say I'm hopeful that Turner has learned anything. Fool me once...

Ironically the 8-0 Eagles do a LOT of running. Also, in that game, when down in the 4th quarter, Sanders was still getting huge carries. Does Turner do the same thing if we are down in the 4th? I still have trouble believing Turner understands how this is a winning philosophy. I am convinced that Turner's bend towards passing is unbreakable, and that is because of last year, following an unbelievable 4-0 record including some really good teams, he went right back to the garbage playcalling again. So I'm thrilled with the win, but I can't say I'm hopeful that Turner has learned anything. Fool me once...
Oh I agree with you. Let's see if he comes out next week with a run heavy/PA offense next week. The game he called last night is an outlier, not the usual trend.

What we saw Monday Night is a formula you can use to beat anyone.

What I will say, is that it's also a formula that will likely keep lower level teams in the game longer than you may want them to be. I don't know that we need to see the same level of dedication to the run Sunday vs Houston for a handful of reasons.... but it still needs to be a very prominent part of the offense. Houston has not been blown out a lot, but they are 1-7. I think we HAVE to take some chances down field... more than we did against Philly... in part because the game plan Sunday (if THAT is all we do) will get figured out really quick... and the other part is... Houston aint as good as Philly. I loved the understanding of what was needed to beat Philly, and I hope that mentality continues, but I also think we need to be a little more aggressive Sunday, because a 3 yards and a cloud of dust gameplan is possibly going to just keep the score low and tight... lessening the room for error.

The Texans are ranked 30th in rush defense, giving up 5.2 yds/carry on the ground.

Don't get cute Scott......

Fair

And to that point, there should be opportunity for explosive plays in the run game.

I just dont want to remain predictible and hard headed to the point we leave points off the scoreboard.

The Texans are ranked 30th in rush defense, giving up 5.2 yds/carry on the ground.

Don't get cute Scott......

I was coming here to say the same thing. Houston is getting gashed on the ground. Their pass defense is decent, but that’s likely due to their run defense being so poor. Teams haven’t needed to pass on them. And that’s why they haven’t been blown out too much. Monday’s gameplan should work against Houston and Atlanta after that. The Giants are bottom third in rush defense as well. This is the plan of attack they need to follow, which means that Sunday they will come out empty backfield chucking it all over the place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.