• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 10 - Commanders @ Eagles - MNF Edition

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles

McLaurin vs Philly.jpeg

When: Monday, November 14, 2022 - 8PM EST
Where: Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia Pennsylvania
How to Watch: ESPN

I’ve seen too many MNF football games. I’ve seen a lot against the eagles too. I don’t like it, not one bit. Week 11 can’t get here fast enough.

If we're only down by 10 at half I'll consider it a moral victory

We definitely need to see Chase Young back on the field. There is a big decision looming on the DL and so far only Jonathan Allen has been locked up long term.

I think Payne is gone after the season. But we have to figure out whether Sweat or Young is going to be the man on the outside for us for the next 4-6 years.

Del Rio’s comments today seem to indicate that Chase Young is not ready yet.

What to know what the Eagles are doing on offense? Check out this breakdown.

He looks 100% there. Then again, I'm not sure the 'Twitter medical staff' is any less reliable/knowledgeable than the Commanders is, based on how successful they've been in bringing guys back from injury :)

On Young - I'm not sure how we can square what Del Rio said 'he's not ready' with Rivera implying they could still make the call to play him. Doesn't sound to me like they are on the same page? Why in God's name would you not err on the side of caution with Young?

On Young - I'm not sure how we can square what Del Rio said 'he's not ready' with Rivera implying they could still make the call to play him. Doesn't sound to me like they are on the same page? Why in God's name would you not err on the side of caution with Young?

The only reason I can see 'rushing' him back is Rivera is eager to justify the pick before housecleaning happens (if the team sells) in the offseason.

other than that.... I see no purpose river and company would want to push him to get back on the field when the defense is playing at a top 10 level without him.

The only other reason would be Snyder is 'advising' Rivera to do everything possible to get his premier player back on the field on ESPN on MNF...

Rivera is wearing on me but to give him some modest support - OBJ suffered an ACL injury in the Super Bowl and evidently is ready to come in and sign a contract and be activated to the roster. Chase Young was hurt much earlier in the season and it doesn't seem unreasonable that at this time of the year he should be ready to return, if even on a limited snap count as a pass rusher to get him started.

Of course with a team at 4-5 and looking at 4-6 after the Eagles game Chase Young's agent may be telling him not to rush things.

Chase Young has a job, OBJ doesn’t. Big difference. No two individuals recover the same. Prudence, in the case of CY, is the only defendable path.

Baltimore had 2 RBs year their ACL in the preseason last year. Dobbins came back early this year and got hurt again on his other knee. Edwards came back in week 7, then hurt his hamstring in week 8. Both injuries are likely to favoring the recovered knee. That’s a guess with Dobbins, but with Edwards, hamstring injuries happen because they haven’t fully trained like they would have if they were healthy.

What I’m worried about is that they designated him too soon and then rush him back because the window closes and he gets hurt again. Even if it’s minor like Edwards in Baltimore. There is so little on the line this season. I want him playing, but not at the expense of his health.

Baltimore had 2 RBs year their ACL in the preseason last year. Dobbins came back early this year and got hurt again on his other knee. Edwards came back in week 7, then hurt his hamstring in week 8. Both injuries are likely to favoring the recovered knee. That’s a guess with Dobbins, but with Edwards, hamstring injuries happen because they haven’t fully trained like they would have if they were healthy.

What I’m worried about is that they designated him too soon and then rush him back because the window closes and he gets hurt again. Even if it’s minor like Edwards in Baltimore. There is so little on the line this season. I want him playing, but not at the expense of his health.

the 5th year looms large though. I don't think the team success is the haste... it's the need to get another look at him entering this offseason. Having him limp through 2 - 3 weeks at the end of the year is not going to give you a true idea of what he's actually capable of. He's going to need time to practice in full, play game speed, and do it over multiple games for them to want to assess his future beyond 2023

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.