• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

"Norm!" (The Welcome Thread)

Welcome. I hope you never planned on leaving, because this place is addicting. Even if it wasn't, we all specialize in Redskins fan abductions and we're expert stalkers. You're stuck with us, be sure to drink the kool aid :D

Hahahaha, nah, I'll pass on the Kool Aid now. I find it a much more refreshing drink when celebrating, which hopefully come sooner rather than later.

It's eerily familiar to 2005, actually. We have a crap season the year before that started with Gibbs getting a veteran quarterback who's mobile but rehearsing for his swan song. The whole team needed to be revamped, top to bottom, because a rookie head coach had no idea of what he was doing and pretty much just messed it all up. Gibbs puts his players in place, not without controversy (Portis for Bailey/2nd pick),

Okay, now in 2005, there are no expectations, and we go on to have that controversial trade payoff with a single-season rushing record. Another "Um, who?" trade in Gaffney Moss gives us the highlight moment of the 2000s for the Redskins. This 2005 team, without a Randy Thomas broken leg and a botched two-point conversation (we really, really would've been second seed in the conference), could have been fighting for that Lombardi.

Who knows what Shanahan will do in 2011? Another bunch of no-names, but these guys are all leaders on their teams, they have no egos, and they want what's best for the team and will back a strong coach 100%. I'm not saying that we're picking 32nd overall in 2012, but I'm not getting into the Jones versus Barkley versus Luck debate, either.

No doubt younger than several of us :)

Glad you made it :cheers:

I'm just glad that I cleared out my ES inbox before I left on my trip! I'm very happy to be a part of this community.

It can be really hard with a wife who wears the colors because I ask her to but thinks that the X, Y, and Z receivers all need to check to see if their flies are down.

All in the heart of Philadelphia's metropolitan area.

Just a quick fyi...if you simply enclose a You Tube url here with [media] and [/media] tags, it'll auto-embed here...

such as...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUr__-VZeQ[/media]

Wow, a lot of nice faces around already! I'm very happy to be here to commiserate, celebrate, and actually have a really strong conversation on everything Redskins. I may not be the youngest member, but I live in enemy territory (Delaware is all Eagles), so I get to hear what they say every single day.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

Norm!

How's it hangin' Mr. Peterson? :)

Hey do you guys know if the poster formerly known as "cjcdaman" ever joined this site, under any other name ? I figured he might be here, since he was banned from the "other site".

Didn't you see the sign on your way in?

no-shoes-no-shirt-no-service.jpg

LOL. Don't know if he ever joined.

Hey do you guys know if the poster formerly known as "cjcdaman" ever joined this site, under any other name ? I figured he might be here, since he was banned from the "other site".

That name does not show up on the member list.

I have already introduced myself on the Gateway Forum but I am keeping with tradition. Long time ES Member and even a longer time Redskins Fan!

Long Time Skins fan & NOW former ES Member. ECU-ALUM. If I tailgate I'll be there...otherwise my days of posting there are... :behead:

NORM! How's it hangin' Mr. Peterson? :)

Good to see you here. Have fun. Chat is a great place to be on game day. Boone is the host. Neophyte brings the beverages. I provide the buffet. Honorary Hog provides the entertainment. Serv is the stats guru. Goaldeje is the designated driver. Mike is the bouncer. Anne provides the nice decorations. All in all, a fun time.

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for having me here. I posted in the intro thread as well, but like liked the idea of the Norm thread so much that I wanted to post here too!

Norm! How's it hangin' Mr. Peterson? :)

Great to have you over here.

Hello everybody, just discovered the site this evening and figured i'd sign it up. Seems like a great site to talk some skins football.

Hello everybody, just discovered the site this evening and figured i'd sign it up. Seems like a great site to talk some skins football.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome!

How did you discover it? If you don't mind me asking. I'm always curious how people wander in.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Thanks guys. I just noticed it when i was messing around the skins yahoo page under "blogs". Once you click on that there's a list of skins fan sites on the right hand side.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/was/blogs

I do alot more reading than posting. Used to be a member of the WP forum way back in the day and ES as well.

Norm! How's it hangin' Mr. Peterson? :)

Great to have you over here.

Alaska huh? Can you see Russia from your house? ;)

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

LOL, nah not quite. Actually I think the ONLY place to see Russia from AK is on the Diomede Islands.

Appreciate the welcome though, and fingers crossed we smack the pies around on Thursday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.