• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL Draft Day 3 (Allen audio/Final)

Couldn't Cooley or Ryan backup Sellers. Still seems like a wasted pick.

I trust they have a plan, it is just different than what I would've done. I would've taken Bruce Campbell in the 4th and Dan LeFevour in the 6th.

Dennis Morris looking like a Peyton Hills type of player for Shanny.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LARorin9Aos[/media]

Peyton Hillis? Hillis ran the ball or lined up at FB. Watch these highlights and tell me exactly how often he lined up in the backfield. He's a TE. You can try to convert him to a FB/HB hybrid since he seems pretty athletic and seems to block fairly well but is he capable of doing it lined up in the backfield? Even Sellers whiffs from time to time as the lead blocker because he has to hit a moving target. I guess we'll see how well Morris adapts to that.

They did a good job of putting together his highlight package, though.

I trust they have a plan, it is just different than what I would've done. I would've taken Bruce Campbell in the 4th and Dan LeFevour in the 6th.

I'll second that. I refuse to believe we're done addressing OL. Fingers crossed these strange moves work out.

We have our replacement for Sellers now. Our blocking should be much improved.

c'mon fellas, give the kid a break -- his dream has just been realized
and he's a Redskin now!

c'mon fellas, give the kid a break -- his dream has just been realized
and he's a Redskin now!

I'll give him a break when he makes the team. I still don't think it's a good pick but, in his defense, we've had a little success with our 6th round picks lately. Robert Henson, Kareem Moore, Colt Brennan, H.B Blades, Reed Doughty and Kedric Golston were all 6th round picks and still with the team, as of now. The only ones we've blown since 2006 are Durant Brooks and Jordan Palmer.

Looks like "Reefer" went to the Steelers. Can Blount be far behind? :dizzy2:

Redskins confirm Jason Campbell traded for 4th round selection in 2012.

2012?

WTF is that? Couldn't we have at least gotten a lineman for him?

For a fourth round pick in two years, I'd just as soon kept him to back up up McNabbb when he gets flattened

Where do all these extra picks coming from in these later rounds? 34 picks in round 3, 33 in round 4, 38 in rounds 5 and 6?

Selvish Capers, OT from West Virginia is still on the board. I'm sure there are also a lot of smaller OGs and OCs available that fit well into the zone-blocking system that Shanny has his eyes on. I have to imagine OL will be one of the 7th round picks.

Another name to keep an eye on in the 7th: LeGarret Blount. I can see Shanahan taking a flier on him.

I'll give him a break when he makes the team. I still don't think it's a good pick but, in his defense, we've had a little success with our 6th round picks lately. Robert Henson, Kareem Moore, Colt Brennan, H.B Blades, Reed Doughty and Kedric Golston were all 6th round picks and still with the team, as of now. The only ones we've blown since 2006 are Durant Brooks and Jordan Palmer.

it looks like he actually likes to block, unlike incumbents cooley & davis. that would be a nice change of pace. if he realizes that his best chance to make the roster is through special teams, what a great story he would be.

it looks like he actually likes to block, unlike incumbents cooley & davis. that would be a nice change of pace. if he realizes that his best chance to make the roster is through special teams, what a great story he would be.

I suspect he could become the latest Robert McCune-type mancrush, especially if he's hungry and is willing to do whatever it takes to make the team. If the plan is to replace Sellers then bring on the competition. Seeing as the guy really hasn't lined up the the backfield has me a little concerned but hey, if he likes to hit then I'm all for giving him a shot to replace Big Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.