• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Site Questions

And something I just figured out. If you want to quote an individual post, all you have to do is hit reply under that post. It will automatically blow in the quote into the reply box.

You only use the quote button if you are multi-quoting from 2 or more posts.

I have found an add on I can install that will let me more clearly separate stickied from regular threads. I’ll set that up tonight - thanks for the feedback.

Fear The Spear and DixieFlatline
I have installed the add on. Let me know if that's an improvement?

Sure it does. It’s on both the Home page and the Forums page. On a laptop or desktop it’s obvious because it’s right on the top right sidebar. It’s less obvious on mobile because the software puts each sidebar module below the content.

Sure it does. It’s on both the Home page and the Forums page. On a laptop or desktop it’s obvious because it’s right on the top right sidebar. It’s less obvious on mobile because the software puts each sidebar module below the content.

It's not a big deal at all, but what I meant was in reference to a specific thread.
I think you meant for the entire forum.
Again, not a big deal of course. Just curious.

I'm just thankful the new site has some 'auto-refresh' features, like when you get a notification.
Up until now, the only auto-refresh that Om could offer me was this :)

auto.jpg

A 'who's browsing this page' option is probably something I can add. Keep that kind of feedback going. There's not a day where I'm not adding, tweaking, improving it. I am hardly objective, but this software is really good and I'm so glad we made the switch.

The new site doesn't tell me which members are browsing a page at any given time :)

Fear The Spear Look at the bottom of a thread page and let me know if this is what you were looking for. Basically, you can now see who is actively viewing the thread right now, and who has read the thread since it was posted.

I had to buy that functionality, so you'd better like it! I keed... I keed...

Fear The Spear Look at the bottom of a thread page and let me know if this is what you were looking for. Basically, you can now see who is actively viewing the thread right now, and who has read the thread since it was posted.

I had to buy that functionality, so you'd better like it! I keed... I keed...

I do see it, and I do like it !

Today we imported all of the historical blog entries into our 'Articles' section. Should anyone for some reason want to find a previous blog entry, the articles database is searchable, or you can simply open the blog category in the 'Articles' library and search manually.

Please keep any questions and requests coming.

This new site looks great! I love the night mode.

Thanks Mike. We went back and forth a lot regarding which should be the default mode. We didn't buy a customized 'Skin' like we have with previous versions of the site. The dark style is basically a copy of the lighter version that we customized ourselves. It turned out so well that we decided to go with it as our primary look (of course you can go back to light with the lightbulb toggle at the top of the screen at any time, and also set your preference in your user settings if you want). And the dark style may also be a nod to some early days of the internet a long time ago.

Cool look! I dig the dark. Question: how do I get a special moniker, a la Elephant? I NEED dat.

EDIT: The UDFA? Hmmm....

Registered Members get a user title based on # of total posts. Title changes as you hit post landmarks. If you join the ‘Joe Gibbs Club’ (donate $30/year) you get a years membership that gives you extra privileges (ability to add a cover photo to your profile page, edit your user title to whatever you want, use the ‘moods’ system, and have an ad-free experience (everyone is ad-free at the moment but that’s about to change). See the ‘donate’ page for more info.

Registered Members get a user title based on # of total posts. Title changes as you hit post landmarks. If you join the ‘Joe Gibbs Club’ (donate $30/year) you get a years membership that gives you extra privileges (ability to add a cover photo to your profile page, edit your user title to whatever you want, use the ‘moods’ system, and have an ad-free experience (everyone is ad-free at the moment but that’s about to change). See the ‘donate’ page for more info.
Where do I go to edit my title and change my mood? I joined the club, because I love it here and it feels wrong not to, but other than custom avatar, I haven't figured out how to do any of the other stuff.

Give me a second to move you to a different usergroup. Thanks brother!

You should be set now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.