• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Site Questions

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
We know you will have them, so let them fly here. Please try and read the 'New BGO User Guide' before posting here as your question may be answered there. Also, there is a separate 'glitches and issues' thread so keep that stuff there please!

Yeah - you can pretty much post anything anywhere....images, giphys, tweets, videos... in posts, in the shoutbox, in chat, on the front page...anywhere ...

Where is the arcade?

We had to let that one go brother. Pained me to do it, because I built it from scratch and it was a lot of fun. There is no Xenforo arcade add on currently. The other issue is, mobile devices don't support flash and 90+ percent of all games are in that format. That's probably why there isn't an add on. If there ever is one developed, promise we will bring it back. That was really the only feature we couldn't bring forward.

Well - if nothing else we have a bright, shiny new place to be despondent in. Chat software is going to be nice for game days too. And built in Pickem which folks can play with (we've set up a dummy week)...

We had to let that one go brother. Pained me to do it, because I built it from scratch and it was a lot of fun. There is no Xenforo arcade add on currently. The other issue is, mobile devices don't support flash and 90+ percent of all games are in that format. That's probably why there isn't an add on. If there ever is one developed, promise we will bring it back. That was really the only feature we couldn't bring forward.

All good brother, this is a much better trade off having the site stay open and not close down. I dig the new look!

So, how do you go to the newest post that you haven't read in a thread? The User Guide mentions a lightning bolt in the NavBar but I don't see anything. And I might be misunderstanding where to look.

On mobile there is a lightning bolt up by the search icon in the upper right of every screen. On the full site there is a 'New Posts’ button with a lightning bolt symbol at the top right of the forums page. I think it pulls up all new posts and then you can click an 'unread button’ to refine it. I’m still learning because it’s tough to fully assess without members posting...

Actually it looks like the lightning bolt/new posts feature recognizes if you e already read a post without having to do anything else...

Actually it looks like the lightning bolt/new posts feature recognizes if you e already read a post without having to do anything else...

Ok...I see the lightning bolt now on mobile. Didn't see it on PC. That brings up all new posts for the entire site and was hoping for a one click within a thread.

However.....I tried something on the PC on this thread after your reply. I clicked on the Thread name ('New Site Questions' and it took me automatically to the newest post I hadn't read which is exactly what I wanted. Appears to work that way on mobile too. Awesome!

When I click a link, I'm automatically taken to the newest post... unless I accidentally did something correctly LOL!

FYI.....It appears if you click on the main thread link and there is no new post, it takes you to the first post instead of the last.

When you display the main forum each time, what's the quickest way to tell the line between the new threads and the sticky threads ? They seem to blur together

The stickied threads have a push pin icon next to them on the right...

Might be nicer if there was a dividing line but don’t think that’s an option?

I was wondering if a dividing line was an option. I've seen that on other sites that have newer functionality.

I’ll look around

When you display the main forum each time, what's the quickest way to tell the line between the new threads and the sticky threads ? They seem to blur together
I was wondering if a dividing line was an option. I've seen that on other sites that have newer functionality.

I have found an add on I can install that will let me more clearly separate stickied from regular threads. I’ll set that up tonight - thanks for the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.