• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My Money is on Elephant watching the Packers, not the Skins today :)

OK fan, first off he doesn't throw more TD's than INT's. :laugh:

Watching him today and last year against the Pats he is poised in the pocket, quick, decisive and accurate. He shows vision and has a quick release. He seems bright and has shown he can step up to the line, scan a defense and make adjustments accordingly.

They say he doesn't have great arm strength, but today he threaded a pass 40 yards down the sideline. It was a perfect pass over the defender along the sideline 40 yards in the air fs62, the only place the completion could have been made. He did throw at least one balloon today. I was unable to see all 41 attempts so I cannot tell you if there were anymore but he was better than 70%.

Given the opportunity, he stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. He started today without their leading rusher, and leading receiver and he broke the single game TD record today with 6 a team that has been led by two of the best in the last 20 years.

well then...I'll keep an open mind!

The thing Flynn REALLY had going for him today was receivers who know how to get the ball. Not all of his throws were perfect but those Green Bay receivers know how to position themselves to get the ball.

If the Skins ARE interested in him, they'll have to protect him and provide him with guys to throw to.

A guy like RG3 is capable of making plays with his legs as well as his arm and would pretty much have to do that for a couple of years since we'd have to give up some quality picks to move up to get him, picks that could have been used on O-Line, WR and secondary. Flynn might allow us to be good sooner but Griffin's upside could be Super Bowl-worthy.

Right or wrong, the pundits are saying that Miami and Cleveland have a lot of interest in Flynn.

We can hope Cleveland gets him so that one of the teams picking above us in the draft then has no interest in drafting a QB.

OK fan, first off he doesn't throw more TD's than INT's. :laugh:

Watching him today and last year against the Pats he is poised in the pocket, quick, decisive and accurate. He shows vision and has a quick release. He seems bright and has shown he can step up to the line, scan a defense and make adjustments accordingly.

They say he doesn't have great arm strength, but today he threaded a pass 40 yards down the sideline. It was a perfect pass over the defender along the sideline 40 yards in the air fs62, the only place the completion could have been made. He did throw at least one balloon today. I was unable to see all 41 attempts so I cannot tell you if there were anymore but he was better than 70%.

Given the opportunity, he stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park. He started today without their leading rusher, and leading receiver and he broke the single game TD record today with 6 a team that has been led by two of the best in the last 20 years.
A couple things from a Packer fan -

It's true, he doesn't have great arm strength but it's certainly decent, as evidenced today. He also tends to lose pocket awareness at times, but I would guess he'd get better with more playing experience.

Additionally, guy is cool as a cucumber when playing under pressure. Last year @ NE and again today, played tough teams that put pressure on him yet had little effect. Led the offense and put points on the board. Also took LSU to a national championship in his only starting season. Guy just knows how to compete.

He's also very well liked in the locker room and is Rodgers' right-hand man in the goofy photo-bomb escapades.

I doubt Flynn is the next Joe Montana, but he's certainly a QB that will compete and give his team a chance to win. Shanahan and Co. could definitely do worse.

Will he re-sign with GB or is he looking to move on to a possible starting role elsewhere?

Flynn hasn't said publicly but the assumption is he'll be moving on to a starting gig somewhere.

The Packers probably won't tag him because that designation will likely be used for Finley. Not likely Ted Thompson will be able to work some sign and trade deal, either, although Thompson has done things like that in the past (Corey Williams). Most likely scenario, IMO, is Flynn is allowed to walk and the Packers collect the comp pick (3rd round, maybe?) next year.

Thanks for your insight. It will be interesting to see where he lands or if he stays. Seems like a good character guy and a solid teammate. I was looking at the stats from the game and both QBs (Flynn and Stafford) combined for 1,000 yds. passing today. That is insane and awesome. Must've been fun to watch.

Enjoy your second straight trophy. :)

I have said for months that Flynn is by far the best free agent option at QB. for one thing he is backing up a very good player who has been very healthy, I dont want a back up qb from a team with bad qb play lol. I recall some people calling El and I short sighted for suggesting that we sign Flynn as a placeholder/ potential starter, while one more great game doesnt make him a sure thing, it makes him look better and better and drives his price up.

Bottom line, too many holes for us to sell the farm to get one player, and we can get Flynn for nothing but money.. I cant believe some people still think we should draft a "mobile qb" a QB needs to make plays with his arm and his brain period, mobility is nice but doesnt win superbowls ask fran tarkenton.

Oh no. Do I sense a new slogan ?

"In Like Flynn !"

Not only some nice stats, but he did put up some pretty passes today.

Problem is, he is going to have a long list of choices to play for, with all the interest he generates.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

How about "We can win with Flynn"?

For the 3rd time today I have heard about Flynn not having much experience in College. I have 2 bits of info for you:

1.)He sat behind JeMarcus Russell who was one of the NCAA's better QB's.

2.)When given the starting nod in his senior year he won the National Championship.

When given the opportunity, he took advantage of it.

Mike, I am not saying that because he won a National Championship he will be a great QB in the NFL. And Jason Campbell did not win one by the way. The inference when mentioning that accomplishment is that he does have college experience. At the collegiate he won the on the biggest stage. What more experience could one want?

APB, you're killing it! Thanks for the inside scoop on him.

I'm on the fence about Flynn. Looks good in games I see him in but he doesnt have a ton of experience on both college and pro level so Im not sure.

Does GB have a great OL? I know that Detroit has a great front 4 and if they didnt get to him I want to know why.
I wouldn't call GB's OL great, but they have been playing solid as of late despite several injuries that required some shuffling.

Bryan Bulaga was out at RT, replaced by Marshall Newhouse who had been filling in for the injured Chad Clifton at LT the past 2 months. Newhouse was able to cover for Bulaga because Clifton was back, albeit for only the first quarter. Clifton did allow the strip sack of Flynn on the first drive that resulted in a turnover. After the first quarter, Clifton sat back down and the Packers played with two backups (Newhouse moved back to LT and Evan Deitrich-Smith at LG) and starting LG T.J. Lang moved over to RT.

They allowed occasional pressure and one sack, I believe, the rest of the way although Flynn did show better pocket awareness and was able to either buy time or get rid of the ball. For as shuffled as they were on the OL, they played relatively well.

If I had to pinpoint a cause for Detroit's front four not getting to Flynn, I'd weigh Flynn's play over the quality of OL play, although it was definitely a combination of the two.

OK Mike, once again... by mentioning his National Championship I was not saying he would be a great NFL QB. I was just saying he had college experience! You said little college experience, I said National Championship is all the experience one could expect from a college QB. The JeMarcus Russell/Peyton Manning argument has nothing to do with this. I am countering your assertion that Flynn has little college experience.

And so you know, Flynn has only started 2 games, not 4. And he only threw 1 int this past weekend and 1 against NE last year.

In his 2 starts he has had ridiculous numbers, but it goes beyond the numbers to the intangibles and this kid has shown them, read defenses and adjust, allow plays to develop, hit receivers in stride and play smart.

I would much rather have someone who has had the opportunity to play int he NFL with success, and won a National Championship than a kid who has never played a down in the NFL and has never won anything other than individual accolades at the college level.

Last edited:
oh..ok. i didnt say start, i said games. that means he has been in 4 games. and if you are counting starts its still not impressive. 9TDs to 4INTs and 2 fumbles which is not as good as you seem to think.

That is not the stats for those 2 games Mike. He only had 1 int in either of those games.

In 2 starts he threw for nearly 1000 yards 9 td's and 2 int's. That is pretty ****ing impressive.

That averages over 400 yards passing with over 4 td's with less than an INT per game. How can you say that is not impressive with a straight face?

and he won the national championship 4 years ago. his highlight reel is old and needs updating.

Come on man, he just had the best single game any QB in the history of the Green Bay Packers has ever had, that's not a highlight reel?

2 starts in 4 years..that screams Kolb to me. the kid is a gamble. maybe he's Schaub and will be OK as long as he has Andre Johnson (which we dont have) or he will be Kevin Kolb in AZ which is what I think we are more like.

Yeah well, once you get the stats correct, I am still not going to convinvce you of anything so let's just drop it now.

Edit: I was fairly certain I had seen where you said he started 4 games so I went back to see your quote. It looks like you edited your post about 10 minutes after I challenged that assertion. Maybe I should quote text in the future so I don't feel like my mind is playing tricks on me.

If it means anything to ya, Elephant, I agree with you. I've seen enough of Flynn over the past four years to know he's not Kevin Kolb or Matt Cassel. That is based off more than just the two starts or some stat sheets. Me thinks he's gonna be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.