• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Music Recommendation Thread

Not sure how many metal fans there are here, but I highly recommend Sabaton if never heard them before. All their songs are history based and are very well done. Seen them in concert 3 times. Here's my favorite from them:

I know that there are a couple of Springsteen fans here. For me, he is one of the top contributors to the soundtrack of my life. His and the band’s current tour is now in Europe and though I have diligently attempted to catch a concert here I haven’t had much luck. Ticket demand over here may be even greater than at home.

For any fans unable to attend a show, below is a well and differently done video montage of some of the tour dates. Multiple shows seamlessly merged into one, minute by minute, I can’t remember seeing something similar before. The E Street Band continues to be a talented tour de force and despite the loss of the Big Man, his nephew Jake has really helped to positively fill the gap created by his passing.

Update…it’s on!

B1B1072D-624A-4598-A09D-03BC5DBD219A.jpeg

You will be impressed he and the band can still deliver!

anything with anybody from led zeppelin is worth listening to.

Sometimes people need to hear things... This song is powerful as hell. Some songs just hit different.

If anyone needs help, I hope they understand it's out there. My phone always rings.

Some things are special... this is one of those things...

If you wanna know why... just look into Tracy Chapman

Tracy Chapman‘s music has always resonated deeply to me. Fast Car to Talking About A Revolution to Give Me One Reason are examples of her art that I have carried with me for what seems like forever. It was awesome that she was able to have that public moment of love and appreciation. It was so well deserved.

I am also a fan of Luke Combs as I find his music to be very real and lyrically authentic.

That said, Combs received quite a bit of criticism for the cover of Fast Car from a segment of the population that can’t help themselves from over-thinking things. As an example-

Though many celebrated the recognition for Chapman’s work, questions arose for some surrounding the roles of race, gender and sexuality in Combs’ success.

In a Washington Post article considered to be the genesis of the debate, Emily Yahr wrote, “Although many are thrilled to see ‘Fast Car’ back in the spotlight and a new generation discovering Chapman’s work, it’s clouded by the fact that, as a Black queer woman, Chapman, 59, would have almost zero chance of that achievement herself in country music.”

Yahr interviewed Black individuals working in the music industry, who expressed mixed feelings about the situation: They are glad to see Chapman’s music receiving recognition and exerting influence, but they also feel “uneasy” about Combs’ overwhelming success in light of his white male identity.

“On one hand, Luke Combs is an amazing artist, and it’s great to see that someone in country music is influenced by a Black queer woman — that’s really exciting,” Holly G, founder of the Black country music organization Black Opry, told Yahr. “But at the same time, it’s hard to really lean into that excitement knowing that Tracy Chapman would not be celebrated in the industry without that kind of middleman being a white man.”

A Luke Combs’ song that gets me every time. Every Damn Time. If you’re a parent grab a Kleenex before you hit play. Just trust me.

Tracy Chapman‘s music has always resonated deeply to me. Fast Car to Talking About A Revolution to Give Me One Reason are examples of her art that I have carried with me for what seems like forever. It was awesome that she was able to have that public moment of love and appreciation. It was so well deserved.

I am also a fan of Luke Combs as I find his music to be very real and lyrically authentic.

That said, Combs received quite a bit of criticism for the cover of Fast Car from a segment of the population that can’t help themselves from over-thinking things. As an example-

Though many celebrated the recognition for Chapman’s work, questions arose for some surrounding the roles of race, gender and sexuality in Combs’ success.

In a Washington Post article considered to be the genesis of the debate, Emily Yahr wrote, “Although many are thrilled to see ‘Fast Car’ back in the spotlight and a new generation discovering Chapman’s work, it’s clouded by the fact that, as a Black queer woman, Chapman, 59, would have almost zero chance of that achievement herself in country music.”

Yahr interviewed Black individuals working in the music industry, who expressed mixed feelings about the situation: They are glad to see Chapman’s music receiving recognition and exerting influence, but they also feel “uneasy” about Combs’ overwhelming success in light of his white male identity.

“On one hand, Luke Combs is an amazing artist, and it’s great to see that someone in country music is influenced by a Black queer woman — that’s really exciting,” Holly G, founder of the Black country music organization Black Opry, told Yahr. “But at the same time, it’s hard to really lean into that excitement knowing that Tracy Chapman would not be celebrated in the industry without that kind of middleman being a white man.”

That's unfortunate, as there are true music fans out that that don't need a middleman to appreciate it... and we're just happy that it's getting recognized regardless of the conduit of getting it there.

In fact, you could argue it should recieve MORE embrace, because the lines are swept away more.

Also, Chapman obviously felt strongly enough about it that she sang the song with him publicly. If she's good with it, it's not really anyone elses place to be critical, it's her song, her art, her ability, and she's standing next him on stage.

People can't seem to stop themselves from creating controversy where there is none, if only to virtue-signal. It's just dumb and unnecessary. There is nothing but love and tribute in him performing that song, and Ms. Chapman herself clearly views it in those terms. I am a big Tracy Chapman fan as well, she has done some incredibly powerful songwriting and is an amazing performer. Not super familiar with Luke Combs but will give him some attention. I am ignorant with the modern country genre, although I love the country music of my younger days, particularly Dwight Yoakum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.