• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Movie Rewatchability Scale

I was in Saudi during Desert Shield and they brought us out of the desert for a couple days to rest up and get supplies. They'd somehow gotten a copy of Field of Dreams and I saw it for the first time there. Cool movie - the kind that doesn't get made very often. James Earl Jones was wonderful in it as well. The scene where Costner visits his apartment and tries to convince him to watch a ballgame with him is classic.

Still have never watched Field of Dreams... Don't know why, just haven't.

As for rewatchability factor... one of the latest for me is a recenbt release, The Town. I am not a Ben Affleck fan, but I always stop on that movie when it airs. Last night I was struggling to keep my eyes open watching it. Don't tell my wife but I think it's because Affleck's love interest in the movie is hawt!

Watching "Major League" - in my opinion, the most rewatchable movie of all time. This is probably the 10,000th time I've watched it, and it gets better every time.

I'm a Jeremiah Johson fan too!

I don't really know why, but 'Jeremiah Johnson' is one of these for me. I have seen it countless times, but I will watch it every chance I get (including right now). 'Little Big Man' is another one that I just love and will always keep on if I find it while channel surfing.

Few oldies I watch whenever on (may not be real "oldies" but nevertheless):
The Shawshank Redemption
Green Mile
King Solomon's Mines

The latest I've seen that has Kirk Douglas and George C. Scott (really good) is "The List of Adrian Messenger". Murdur mystery. Really, really good movie.

(Oh and whenever Star Trek is on, I gotta watch it).

There is no movie ever with a higher 'rewatchability' rating than Shawshank. I challenge anyone to argue that proposition :)

Another one I can't resist is 'Castaway' with Tom Hanks. I know every minute of it by heart, but still watch whenever I happen upon it. 'That Thing You Do'? Ditto.

Double%20Feature.gif

Backdraft
Blow
Hunt for red October
Blown away

I've probably watched those four combined more than all others combined

Almost feels dirty to say it, but, The Cowboys, with John Wayne.
(Cowboys being the dirty part)

And for a newer one, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

Almost feels dirty to say it, but, The Cowboys, with John Wayne.
(Cowboys being the dirty part)

And for a newer one, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

The one with Noomi Rapace or the one with Daniel Craig, Ax? I thought both were excellent, with a slight preference for the Craig version.

I think we've had this discussion before, but the Swedish films were absolutely unwatchable for me. We turned them off! I think it was probably the casting (outside of Lisbeth) that turned us off.

Really enjoyed the Daniel Craig version.

Since I've become a Kung Fu geek, I have a special place in my heart for the Donny Yen Ip Man movies. To me, the Wing Chun he performs is about as good as any I have ever seen on the big screen. The detail is nearly perfect at times.

I'm also a fan of strange films. The classic revenge mind screw film, Old Boy takes the award in my book!

Then we get to all the Tarentino and Pulpish style films. Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill all rock. I just went and saw The Man with the Iron Fists and liked it, especially all the cool Wu Tang goingz on!

Lastly, I enjoy movies based on graphic novels and comics. Really loved the Avengers!

The one with Noomi Rapace or the one with Daniel Craig, Ax? I thought both were excellent, with a slight preference for the Craig version.
The Craig one. Doubt I'd ever see the other.

Hope the do as good with the next one in the series.

Remember the Titans
The Replacements
Invincible (i know i know, but it's a damn good movie)
Gone in 60 Seconds
Boondock Saints
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I or II
Blow
Days of Thunder

Shawshank redemption
Forest Gump
Patriot
Old Glory
Planes, trains, and automobiles (after a few beers)
High Noon
Grand Torino

I could go on and on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.