• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Moss will no longer be able to spin the ball

tshile

Per ESPN 980
Officials are warning players at training camp that spinning the ball on the ground after a play will be considered taunting.

Moss with have to come up with a new celebration.

Per ESPN 980
Officials are warning players at training camp that spinning the ball on the ground after a play will be considered taunting.

Moss with have to come up with a new celebration.

I heard this on ESPN radio on the way home from work. Seriously??? I get that they want to control really distracting TD celebrations - but this?? I thought I was a grumpy old white man, but I can't hold a candle to NFL rules committee members. Just effing relax and let the players have a little bit of fun.

Absolutely ridiculous!

To be fair, they've since said this rule has actually been in place since the start of the 2012 season but they were not enforcing it very strictly. They're now warning players they will be enforcing it more strictly.

I don't think it's the touchdown celebrations they really care about. It's all the nonsense between the goal lines. To be honest, I'm ok with it. I'm tired of seeing people celebrating nonsense plays. People like Laron Landry have ruined it for everyone else.

In the grand scheme of things I think it's about the NFL making sure the players don't make the game about them. The NBA went the opposite route. I think the NFL doesn't want that to happen to their league.

That's nuts. I remember David Stern cracking down on stuff, and thinking some of it was over the line and some of it was great. This is WAYYYYY too far, imo. This is stupid.

To be fair, they've since said this rule has actually been in place since the start of the 2012 season but they were not enforcing it very strictly. They're now warning players they will be enforcing it more strictly.

I don't think it's the touchdown celebrations they really care about. It's all the nonsense between the goal lines. To be honest, I'm ok with it. I'm tired of seeing people celebrating nonsense plays. People like Laron Landry have ruined it for everyone else.

In the grand scheme of things I think it's about the NFL making sure the players don't make the game about them. The NBA went the opposite route. I think the NFL doesn't want that to happen to their league.

Whether its a new rule or they've just decided to enforce it, it's effectively the same thing. You're too young to be tired of anything Travis :) They aren't going to 'enforce' the rule for things like first downs, but not on TDs. They'll either enforce it or they won't - you're way off on that assumption.

Its just overkill - plain and simple. This isn't pulling out a sharpie in the endzone, or the Fun Bunch for God's sake, it's spinning the ball on the ground. The NFL needs to lighten the **** up. The game is ultimately for the fans. This kind of unnecessary congenitally uptight stuff takes the fun out of the fan experience.

;)

Yeah, I think I'm just biased because of the decade+ of watching crap redskins players celebrate making tackles after 10 yard gains :)

Pierre Garcon spins the ball after every first down and then some. Thinking it affects him the most.

I never liked the spin the ball thing. So it is not a big deal for me to see it gone. I thought it was going to be ruled as a delay of game penalty before but I guess not.

This is frustrating. Chris Cooley on his new radio show put it perfectly.. These guys are entertainers. A lot of fans enjoy the little shenanigans. He related it to Saturday Night Live.. some of the funniest moments are when the actors would bust out into unscripted laughter.. that random moment that is different then the "usual" is a lot of what is fun about it. You need that emotion... He brought up a good point about how they do want to keep a pace of the game, and not have guys dancing/wasting any length of time between plays, and this might slow the ref down getting to the ball, but it's not like he's throwing it 20 yards away...

rules.jpg

just came across this.... seriously?

No home run swing.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

political correctness in full swing - or non-swing as it were! we must all be good sports! or be fined.

Yes, apparently Alfred Morris' TD dance is against the rules.

So is any military solute which I find absurd even though I generally agree with stoping the excessive stuff.

Bleh... he can still do that thing with his hands that looks like a six shooter (but it isn't Roger) :D

I never liked the spin the ball thing. So it is not a big deal for me to see it gone. I thought it was going to be ruled as a delay of game penalty before but I guess not.

I was ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS holding my breath after it waiting for us to be penalized for it. I hated it because it had me in fear of the Ref's waiting until it really counted.... I really hated it when the other receivers started doing it. Moss had some cred so I figured he would get away with it but Hankerson? Davis? Yeah I was ALWAYS waiting for the game changing penalty.

The NFL is quickly becoming G-rated entertainment.

The players now hug and kiss after games and now they legislate anything out which could actually cause heated competition during the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.