• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MLB 2013 (Primarily non-Nats/O's

Yeah you're in the same boat as me - I cheer for them because they're a Washington team. I know majority of the players, but I'm more clueless on baseball than I am hockey.

Morse leaving made me very sad.

I spent a lot of time watching youtube videos of people singing 'take on me' as he came to the plate.

during the playoffs:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhuPdowiXas[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S91bs2bC8rk[/media]

My favorite was the invisible grand slam
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsGlUEiU0oI[/media]

I love how the title says "non nats/o's" yet the only discussion is nats and o's.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

You know, I when I read the title I didn't even see the "non," and I read "MLB 2013 - Primarily Nats/O's."

Anyway, it says "Primarily," which means we can still talk Nats/O's in here - and it IS the Beltway Boys forum. :)

Also, from the Index it only shows a snippet of the title: "MLB 2013 (Primarily..."

That's pretty funny...also, there's only 4 of us discussing baseball. :)

Yeah, he might as well have titled it "I'm going to talk about the Pirates until their annual August collapse in this thread."

I love how the title says "non nats/o's" yet the only discussion is nats and o's.

Has it? I haven't really been paying attention or posting much. I just came in to talk **** about the marlins and saw lanky say something about morse :)

Chris...****ing...DAVIS! Grand salami to win the Orioles' home opener. His bat is on FIRE!

Yup. I have to admit it. 1-4 is REALLY gonna suck, when our pitchers have obliterated what the Nats vaunted staff has been able to do so far.

Chris Davis has been named AL player of the week after his 4HRs and 17RBIs in the first week of play. In other breaking news, water is wet. :)

Another dinger for Chris Davis! Even Juggy starting him in fantasy can't stop the long ball!

Yet another dinger for Davis...gonna have to put that phrase in my autocorrect. :)

I'm pulling for the Nats this season.

Its hard being a padres fan when the owners dont even care about the team they field.

Been there, brother. Hell, I've spent the last two decades there. It sucks to be the type of ridiculously loyal, diehard fan that you and I both are, when you feel like you don't get anything close to that in return.

I can only hope, for your sake, that baseball in San Diego undergoes the same energized resurgence that it has in Pittsburgh. Yeah, I know. We're not world beaters. We may never be again. Who knows. But what we finally have again is a team worthy of the city it represents. A squad that grabs there hard hats and goes to friggin work.

Speaking of which...

The Bucs trailed 5-0 heading into the bottom of the 7th today. A couple of jacks by Michael McKenry, a jack that wasn't (reviewed, and they still got it wrong,) a jack by Starling Marte, and a couple more clutch hits by Cutch and Walker led to a 10-7 win!

2 innings. 10 runs. MY Pirates. Recognize.

Oh, and we swept the Reds, allowing one fewer run to them than the Nats did in a single game. *DOH!*

The O's weren't even a .500 team for 15 years. Ugh.

Not to play "one up" but...

The Pirates are currently riding the longest losing streak in the HISTORY of major American pro sports at 20 seasons.

You can say what you want about my teams. And yep, most of 'em have sucked for an extended period of time. But you can't question my loyalty. :cool4:

Sweeping the doyers in SmellA felt pretty damn good.

Large.

And with a 6-0, two-hit shutout of the Braves tonight, the Pirates have infinitely more wins over Atlanta this season than the Nats do. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.