• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

MLB 2013 (Primarily non-Nats/O's

You can't make a run without pitching; especially if you're a small-market, under-talented, under-powered team.

Realizing that, the Pirates have put together a staff that has accounted for the third-lowest ERA (3.14) in all of baseball, and is tops in batting average against (.211).

I can't wait to see Wandy Rodriguez vs. Roy Halladay tonight.

Orioles have a rough road trip coming up...will show just how good they are.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I know this is a non-nats thread, but what i'm about to say simply isn't worth its own thread...

lol @ the people flipping out at the nats slow start to the season.

people in this area, media and fans alike, just have no patience and are so simple minded they can't help but over react to a very, very small sample size of a season. they do this for every team. you'd think they'd learn....

Bucs 3 (17-12), Nats 1 (15-15).

Raise it!!!

And t, nats posts are more than welcome. I just wanted an outlet for non-dc baseball fans too.

Get used to hearing this: Matt Wieters doubles and Adam Jones scores. Because you're going to hear it a lot. :)

What's wrong with Strasburg?

Yeah, the Stros are an embarrassment the likes of which I don't know even Pittsburgh has ever seen. Just atrocious.

For the division though, it's definitely been addition by subtraction. We're top-to-bottom better than every division but the AL East. The third-place Pirates would be tied for the NL East lead with the Braves.

Hat tip to Mike; Padres put it on the Orioles two games in a row. :)

Seven games over .500, after taking 3-of-4 from the Brewers, who have had our number in a BIG way the last couple of years.

Four teams in all of baseball have a better record than the Bucs -- Yankees, Rangers, Cards and Reds. Hmm...notice where two of those teams are from? Yup. The National League Central...aka the best division in baseball?? :)

Four teams in all of baseball have a better record than the Bucs -- Yankees, Rangers, Cards and Reds. Hmm...notice where two of those teams are from? Yup. The National League Central...aka the best division in baseball?? :)

Well, its May. LOL.

the dog days of summer are coming..

Indeed.

But the last couple of years, we've started slow, played great ball during the dog days, and collapsed at the end. We've overcome one of our Achilles heels. Time to see if we can take care of the rest of our business.

The next six against the Stros and Cubs SHOULD help. As should a staff that's been as good as any in baseball. We've GOT to find some legitimate, consistent pop at the plate though.

I meant in general, bro. Im pulling for you to win the division for sure.

Preciate ya. :cheers:

What an end to the Bucs-Stros game last night.

Bucs had the bases loaded, full count, tied at 4, bottom 9. Little pop-flare to very short RF/deep 2nd. Second baseman goes out. RF comes in. And you guessed it. No one says, "I got it." They collide. Ball drops. Bucs win.

It was comical, and basically a microcosm of the Stros season. But I can't laugh. From 1992 through 2010, the Bucs were a joke too. I can't help but feel for fans that have to endure teams like that.

Regardless, raise the Jolly Roger on win #25.

The Orioles forgot all about their annual July collapse last year, so they're starting early this year to compensate. Sigh. They've now dropped 6 in a row? 6 of their last 7? Something stupid like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.