• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

March Madness Thread

Heard on Espn's bracket challenge only 2 people had the Rams in final four.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Correction...only two had the Final Four correct. Just over 5000 entries had VCU in the Final Four, which sounds like small percentage of VCU student body.

Last edited:
264101571_02.jpg

They don't call it 'March Madness' for nuthin' :)

VCU has eclipsed what Cinderalla (aka as 'George Mason') accomplished. I think they have a legitimate chance to win it all.

Unbelievable.

I wouldn't say 'eclipsed', matched is more like it. Both George Mason and VCU were 11 seeds that made it to the Final Four. Allowing that they played and won a "play in" game, then maybe, but not by much.

Now if they win their next game then they've definitely eclipsed what George Mason did.

I wouldn't say 'eclipsed', matched is more like it. Both George Mason and VCU were 11 seeds that made it to the Final Four. Allowing that they played and won a "play in" game, then maybe, but not by much.

Now if they win their next game then they've definitely eclipsed what George Mason did.

Actually, the fivethirtyeight ran some analysis, and what VCU has accomplished might be the most unlikely event in tournament history. VCU started out as 820-to-1 underdogs to make it this far! Only UPenn reaching the F4 in 1979 (420 to 1) and Villanova winning it all in 1985 (~800 to 1) are even comparable. To contrast, George Mason was only 70 to 1 dogs to make the semifinals, practically a sure-thing compared to 820:1!

Here is the full article, which is very interesting: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...nt-of-upsets-v-c-u-has-overcome-longest-odds/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.