• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Like It Or Not Redskins Two Years Away

Lanky,
Go back through the post game threads. There is a theme with certain posters. If you listen to the radio there is a theme, going back years, with specific radio hosts. Same with the print media and TV media.

It goes back years in all cases.

If you don't want to be labeled a knee-jerk reactionary person, or think the label is a negative one, then don't act like one. No one is forcing you to. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's someone else's fault.

And if you want to start talking about taking specific types of posts to other, more appropriate forums, then I suggest you start with your own posts. If you wish to continue that specific line of discussion I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if we took it to private messages.

On defense we are really a big starting CB and a Safety away from something solid, assuming we hire a competent DC in the next few months. But if we don't upgrade the DC then no personnel moves we could make will make a difference.

The safety thing I find disheartening. We spent two first round picks on safeties and have nothing to show for it. That's the kind of thing that keeps teams from getting better.

On defense we are really a big starting CB and a Safety away from something solid, assuming we hire a competent DC in the next few months. But if we don't upgrade the DC then no personnel moves we could make will make a difference.

The safety thing I find disheartening. We spent two first round picks on safeties and have nothing to show for it. That's the kind of thing that keeps teams from getting better.

I would say we need some serious pass-rush as well. Our front-7 are all good, but none of them are natural pass-rushers (Only Rak, sigh). Kerrigan is good, but he's more of an effort rusher, and will get the QB with great coverage (coverage sacks).

We are more than one corner and safety from being solid in the backfield.

From my view, the Redskins need TWO starting corners and can move Wilson to the #3 role.

At safety, we need a free safety that can cover. We also need an impact strong safety that can lay the wood on people but play with enough athleticism as not to be a complete liability in coverage.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We are more than one corner and safety from being solid in the backfield.

From my view, the Redskins need TWO starting corners and can move Wilson to the #3 role.

At safety, we need a free safety that can cover. We also need an impact strong safety that can lay the wood on people but play with enough athleticism as not to be a complete liability in coverage.

See, I think Wilson would be fine as the second CB if we had a legit #1 CB and a legit FS. Williams might very well have what it takes to be that SS too. Or Meriweather, if he can ever get healthy.

And in the back of my mind I have Minnifield working as the #3 if he can over come the stress fracture issue, which he may not, so that is no sure thing.

i think hall would make a good safety. an ed reed type, although i don't mean to suggest he'd be that good.

The trouble is Hall's cap number at safety would be way too high for his value.

He is being paid as if he is a legit #1 corner.

Teams like the Giants and SF don't tie up their cap on defense at the safety position.

They find draft picks and mid-tier vets who can still contribute.

Here the organization simply can't seem to make it happen.

I wish we were able to tell when it is halls fault and when it's not. Being in the area doesn't imply direct fault. Sometimes someone else missed their assignment. If the resign him I guess that will answer the question from the coach's point of view.

We don't need to fill every single one of those holes to be competitive.

Even with our line we have a solid offense. We can already run the ball just fine. If Griffin an learn to throw the ball away and not be a hero we can live with holes on that line. Solid safety play will improve the corner play. Things can be covered for when they aren't gaping holes.

We may need two years or more to become a completely perfect team with no discernible weakness. But we're not two years away from being good. Do we really have to do this after every loss?

Completely agree with this. The OL problems are exaggerated and did I see OC in that list?

The #1 most glaring need is secondary help.

It'll come around eventually. We are on the right path. I've been a fan for almost 40 years...I ain't walking away now.

I would say we need some serious pass-rush as well. Our front-7 are all good, but none of them are natural pass-rushers (Only Rak, sigh). Kerrigan is good, but he's more of an effort rusher, and will get the QB with great coverage (coverage sacks).

you got that backwards, Kerrigan is far more polished as a rusher and has shown more tools in the tool box than Rak.

and what we really need is a big beast DT who can play the nose and still move.

btw it was suggested 2 years ago to move hall to FS, I believe they looked at him in camp for a few practices and didnt do it, given who we have had the past couple seasons, that doesnt say much about his ability to play fs. guys like Rod woodson and Ronnie lott made the switch because they could hit and had ball skills, I dont see that cmbo from Hall.

you got that backwards, Kerrigan is far more polished as a rusher and has shown more tools in the tool box than Rak.

and what we really need is a big beast DT who can play the nose and still move.

A beast NT would definitely help everyone else out, but seems like they are sold on Cofield at Nose. I think he'd be much better at DE in a rotation with Jenkins & Bowen (and eventually Carriker).

Jenkins needs to step up and be that X factor on the DL with his combination of size and athletic ability.

He is having a tough 'rookie' season out there from the first 6 games.

How did the kid Baker look today? From what I could see on the field he was holding down the NT is relief of Cofield. Oh and Cofield had definitely beefed up since last year, at leas he looks that way on the field.

i've been all over hall since he got here.

he's played very well the last 2 weeks and i'm not convinced the things we blamed him for in the first 4 weeks were his fault.

i'm not ready to declare myself wrong and walk back all my comments, but he deserves credit for having some critical tackles and some pretty decent coverage over the last two weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.