• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jarvis Jenkins Suspended

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Jarvis Jenkins of the Washington Redskins has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Jenkins will be eligible to return to the Redskins’ active roster on Monday, September 30 following the team’s September 29 game against the Oakland Raiders.

Jenkins is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

[Note: The NFL policy on performance enhancing substances is posted on nflmedia.com. From the home page, click on “Resources” and then “About the NFL.”]

STATEMENT BY DEFENSIVE END JARVIS JENKINS:

“When I learned that I tested positive for a substance that is banned under the NFL policy, I was shocked and confused. It’s an obscure substance that I’ve never even heard of, and I still don’t know how it got into my body. My only guess is that it came from one of the supplements I was taking around the time of the test, even though none of them listed anything banned.

“I’m very sorry for the effect of this situation on my teammates and coaches, and I also apologize to my family and all Redskins fans. I will be very, very ready to contribute as soon as I get back for Game 5.”

are you ****ing kidding me?!!!!

this is going to hurt BAD!!

and if its like he said "he has no idea how it got in his system, and that it must be from a supplement" he needs to fire that trainer of his immediately. maybe even talk lawsuit.

the Players Association needs to get involved. this is happening way too often.

Ultimately, the blame rests on the players. If it was Dez Bryant you would all feel the same way.

So not funny how these things always happen in threes.

So here's a list of 2013 Free Agents.. we're gonna need at least one DLman this year.

Carriker gets cut for whatever little cap space it will gain. We need the money now.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/42077/309/nfl-free-agent-master-list-13

If you're a professional athlete, YOU are responsible for what goes into your body. Period. End of story.

We have too many of these dip****s on this team. Damn.

Damn, people bailing on our player over an obscure substance already. Sad to see.

Was Jordan Black a dip**** for taking a substance he had a prescription for that the NFL knew about?

Guy made a mistake - it's not the end of the world. He's going to come back in week 5 highly motivated to make up for this is my guess.

Guy made a mistake - it's not the end of the world. He's going to come back in week 5 highly motivated to make up for this is my guess.

This.

My guess is that we know a LOT more about Mr Jenkins watching his play after he gets back. If he is ever going to shine and remove all doubts about his career, that's the time to do it.

If I was a pro player these days I wouldn't use anything that could be considered a supplement. You have no idea what's in it or if the ingredient list is even honest.

Even meat today can have hormones in it, and you know these testing regimes are looking for ever smaller traces.

are you ****ing kidding me?!!!!

this is going to hurt BAD!!

and if its like he said "he has no idea how it got in his system, and that it must be from a supplement" he needs to fire that trainer of his immediately. maybe even talk lawsuit.

This.

I was going to like it, but there is nothing to like...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you guys are content losing player-games to poor decisions, that's fine. I'm not.

And again, if you're a pro, the onus is on YOU to know what's going into your body. I have no sympathy, whether it's a Skin, or anyone else.

Good greif. The hits just keep coming.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

wtf? every freaking season with this garbage. I'd love to start just one season with a full squad. Damnit, tired of it

I guess I'm willing to give our guys, REDSKINS players, the benefit of the doubt. I'm not going to call someone a dipsh!t without all the facts. If Richard Sherman can Getty away with this crap on the "leaky cup" defense...

**** Jarvis Jenkins, or **** the bonehead on our training staff that let him take this ****. Or **** our training staff for not testing him for it. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and fired.

I guess I'm willing to give our guys, REDSKINS players, the benefit of the doubt. I'm not going to call someone a dipsh!t without all the facts. If Richard Sherman can Getty away with this crap on the "leaky cup" defense...

Question my fandom if you will. I don't like cheaters no matter what colors they wear.

Maybe NOT taking a hardline on these situations is why we have so damned MANY of them.

Mark Maske reporting that this now makes at least 8 Reskins that have been suspended for juicing or taking illegal substances--by far the worst in the league. Worse than Seattle.

Yes, someone needs to be fired. Maybe it's finally just time to clean out the entire training staff. This is an organizational problem.

My only guess is that it came from one of the supplements I was taking around the time of the test, even though none of them listed anything banned.

Hey stupid. You just lost your argument and appeal with that one sentence. Stop being dooofisss in denial and play football when you come back. No more these ignorant Sgt. Schultz excuses!

Sargent Schultz I see nothing - YouTube

Mark Maske reporting that this now makes at least 8 Reskins that have been suspended for juicing or taking illegal substances--by far the worst in the league. Worse than Seattle.

Yes, someone needs to be fired. Maybe it's finally just time to clean out the entire training staff. This is an organizational problem.

No, no! It's only one guy who accidentally drank a bad shake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.