• Welcome to the New BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the new software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you find potential glitches, please report those in the Possible New Site Glitches and Issues thread. If you have questions, post them in the New Site Questions? thread.
  • The 2020 Season will be the last for our little community. Following the final WFT game of the 2020 season, the site will close it's doors. We wanted to give you a little advance notice so that you could retrieve any photos, content, or other material from the site before it became unavailable, so that you could exchange contact info with anyone you may desire, and ensure that folks would forgo any site donations going forward. We have had a blast being your favorite Redskins and WFT watering hole for the past decade. We had a great run and each of you were a part of it. Thanks to all of you for your amazing contributions and camaraderie. You made this a special place.

Injury Report 9/16/11

One of many experimental iterations ...

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Last edited:

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Let's hope a number of those 'questionables' are really 'probables'...

McD5

The Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Florida State

Laron.....time is passing you by. I hope people don't get incredibly upset with me, but I'm feeling serious steroid abuse, and that his body is now breaking down because of it.

I pray I'm wrong, and that he plays more than 8 games this season.

Honestly, I'm not sure it even matters. We can win without him--as we've already seen.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

One of my bold predictions - he doesn't take a regular season snap in 2011. I hope I'm wrong.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

Cardinals injury status from NFL.com

---Out for Sunday's game---

Crezdon Butler CB Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Jim Dray TE Pectoral Limited Participation in Practice Out

---Questionable for Sunday's game---

DeMarco Sampson WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

LaRod Stephens-Howling RB-Hand Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

Daryl Washington LB Calf Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

---Probables for game---

Joey Porter LB Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Dave Zastudil P right Calf Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

First of all - it's a 'bold prediction', not a 'belief' :)

It's the ongoing achilles injury for 2 seasons that's concerning. They're listing a pulled hamstring as his current issue, but I just have a feeling the achilles hasn't healed and that that might be what's really keeping him off the field.

Just speculation though.

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score

James Madison

His tweets have had a frustrated tone, imo, when discussing this injury. It has sounded to me like he has been frustrated with the training staff b/c their decisions have hampered his recovery, in his opinion.

I think he plays, but will be out another couple of weeks.

Burgundy Burner

Coaching Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Virginia

Not sure how to put this thought into words - eh, just be blunt.

I think it is a PED issue. With the league taking stricter measures, we could be seeing a body that relied on extras breaking down now. I have nothing to confirm this thought - just a hunch.

servumtuum

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Indiana

I wonder if Landry took corticosteroids or had such treatment for example a hamstring injury or anything else similar in the past? The reason I wonder is that corticosteroid treatment has been linked to increasing the risk of Achilles tendon rupture. It can weaken other tendons as well but the Achilles tendon is highly stressed in athletics such as football.

This topic came up in that Packer site I visit one of whose members is apparently a doctor specializing in sports medicine. I checked the literature and there are several clinical studies linking corticosteroids to increased risk of tendon rupture and I wonder if something like that might be a possible reason for the lengthy healing process for his Achilles tendon..

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

Not sure how to put this thought into words - eh, just be blunt.

I think it is a PED issue. With the league taking stricter measures, we could be seeing a body that relied on extras breaking down now. I have nothing to confirm this thought - just a hunch.

You and McD5 have the same thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0