• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Injury Report 9/16/11

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
injuries91611.png

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Last edited:
Updated on 9/15/11

Updated on 9/16/11

Let's hope a number of those 'questionables' are really 'probables'...

Laron.....time is passing you by. I hope people don't get incredibly upset with me, but I'm feeling serious steroid abuse, and that his body is now breaking down because of it.

I pray I'm wrong, and that he plays more than 8 games this season.

Honestly, I'm not sure it even matters. We can win without him--as we've already seen.

One of my bold predictions - he doesn't take a regular season snap in 2011. I hope I'm wrong.

One of my bold predictions - he doesn't take a regular season snap in 2011. I hope I'm wrong.

Yep - made that prediction too. I'm still saying that he gets traded at some point.

Cardinals injury status from NFL.com

---Out for Sunday's game---

Crezdon Butler CB Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Out

Jim Dray TE Pectoral Limited Participation in Practice Out

---Questionable for Sunday's game---

DeMarco Sampson WR Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

LaRod Stephens-Howling RB-Hand Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

Daryl Washington LB Calf Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable

---Probables for game---

Joey Porter LB Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Dave Zastudil P right Calf Limited Participation in Practice Probable

First of all - it's a 'bold prediction', not a 'belief' :)

It's the ongoing achilles injury for 2 seasons that's concerning. They're listing a pulled hamstring as his current issue, but I just have a feeling the achilles hasn't healed and that that might be what's really keeping him off the field.

Just speculation though.

His tweets have had a frustrated tone, imo, when discussing this injury. It has sounded to me like he has been frustrated with the training staff b/c their decisions have hampered his recovery, in his opinion.

I think he plays, but will be out another couple of weeks.

Not sure how to put this thought into words - eh, just be blunt.

I think it is a PED issue. With the league taking stricter measures, we could be seeing a body that relied on extras breaking down now. I have nothing to confirm this thought - just a hunch.

I wonder if Landry took corticosteroids or had such treatment for example a hamstring injury or anything else similar in the past? The reason I wonder is that corticosteroid treatment has been linked to increasing the risk of Achilles tendon rupture. It can weaken other tendons as well but the Achilles tendon is highly stressed in athletics such as football.

This topic came up in that Packer site I visit one of whose members is apparently a doctor specializing in sports medicine. I checked the literature and there are several clinical studies linking corticosteroids to increased risk of tendon rupture and I wonder if something like that might be a possible reason for the lengthy healing process for his Achilles tendon..

Not sure how to put this thought into words - eh, just be blunt.

I think it is a PED issue. With the league taking stricter measures, we could be seeing a body that relied on extras breaking down now. I have nothing to confirm this thought - just a hunch.

You and McD5 have the same thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.