• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I wouldn't get too attached to RGIII

Go Deep

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It has already been discussed that there isn't a player in the league worth trading RGIII for and it's hard to argue there is. Well, RGIII's next contract will most likely be the most lucrative contract the NFL has ever seen. If you're his agent there is no way in hell you let him resign before testing the waters.

Not only that, i don't think RGIII will settle playing for a team and franchise that is disfunctional and has no chance of winning. I know the competitor in him wants to turn us into a winner, but if the situation becomes unbearable or ridiculous after his 4th year, i think he goes elsewhere. I really wouldn't want to see him turn into the next Barry Sanders either.

Thoughts?(Please don't bash, i'm only the messenger):whoknows:

Top draft picks usually go to lousy teams. While the Redskins had to trade up for him they were still in the top few picks and a lousy team in 2011 finishing with only 5 wins.

What he knows is 2012.

If the Redskins can leverage the arrival of Griffin and Morris with smart draft picks in 2013and some astute moves in mid-tier free agency to go along with the return of injured starters, this club can be a lot better next season.

From what I am observing though it is going to require Shanahan to admit that his beggar-man offensive line is not FINE and needs an overhaul.

That and the secondary are the primary areas of concern.

Although I would count the abysmal failure that is Josh Morgan at $7.5M for 2012 hasn't helped any either.

I keep watching this guy and wonder why ANYONE would want to commit guaranteed money to him.

He has never been an established starter in this league, does not have franchise speed or instincts for the position, and can't seem to separate himself from guys like Leonard Hankerson that are still learning the NFL as a 23 year old.

The 26 year old Morgan needs to go at the end of the season.

There is absolutely no way we let RG3 test the waters after the king's ransom we gave up to get him. NO WAY.

And who exactly are you the messenger for? That comment implies you're speaking for someone or with inside dish.

If we somehow end up losing Griffin because we are not able to give him adequate help to turn this team into a winner, then I will officially be done watching the NFL.

Between the product that is being pushed by the NFL...Giants, Cowturds, Steelers, Patriots, the dismal state of this franchise and the practices of heir Goodell, I cannot continue to watch this game if the only hope this franchise has to succeed goes elsewhere after we spent so much to get him.

There is absolutely no way we let RG3 test the waters after the king's ransom we gave up to get him. NO WAY.

I know what you're saying, but he is not going to be the type who settles for losing, he's smarter than that. He's going to get plenty of money regardless.

I'm just saying with Snyder's past history and as ridiculous things have been at times with this team over the years it's not out of the question, especially if Shanahan doesn't work out and were re-building again in the next couple of years.

And who exactly are you the messenger for? That comment implies you're speaking for someone or with inside dish.

No, i'm not in anyway. Just pure speculation. I just thought that this might insight some ugly comments.

I hear ya but it'll never happen. This kid will play for us until he is cut, or retires. I'm as pissed as anyone but really I'm most upset about the cap penalty every game I see like this.

This game was a fluke offensively...very wet and 12 dropped balls when we had that many the whole rest of the year screams fluke. I'm unhappy but the O gets a pass from me. The D...I'm in line with the can Haslett now folks. Honestly we're the worst D in the league now so it can't get any worse in my mind. Let someone else take a crack at it any improvement at this point would be huge.

If we somehow end up losing Griffin because we are not able to give him adequate help to turn this team into a winner, then I will officially be done watching the NFL.

Ditto!(need more words to allow post)

I hear ya but it'll never happen. This kid will play for us until he is cut, or retires. I'm as pissed as anyone but really I'm most upset about the cap penalty every game I see like this.

I'm not pissed. I didn't think we would win this game, it would have been nice though, but i realized something watching this game. We looked like a 1970's team against the Steelers. They were much bigger, better and faster at nearly every position then us. It would take us atleast 5 yrs of re-building to be any where near them talent wise.

At some point you have to stop blaming Snyder and admit that an established NFL coach who has won elsewhere and GM that has been hired by other teams to run their operations have made some personnel mistakes which have cost a team that was already under a cap challenge.

Mistakes on McNabb, Jammal Brown, and this year Josh Morgan and perhaps #3 pick Josh LeRibeus as well.

At some point you have to stop blaming Snyder and admit that an established NFL coach who has won elsewhere and GM that has been hired by other teams to run their operations have made some personnel mistakes which have cost a team that was already under a cap challenge.

Mistakes on McNabb, Jammal Brown, and this year Josh Morgan and perhaps #3 pick Josh LeRibeus as well.

I agree! i say if were not in the playoffs or win less then 10 games next year it's hard for me to justify Shanahan any longer. I'm not going to start going off on him or Haslett yet though considering the injuries and that there was litterally no way to get this done in 3 yrs.

I think barring the injuries we had a team this year that could compete. I don't think people took Joe Gibbs seriously when he said the first two things he looked for in players was smarts and toughness. I don't see either with this team right now.

I don't know about that. Defensive secondary lost Meriweather but is that such a loss? Would his presence with the two corners who were established starters the difference?

On offense, the OL is intact as Brown was never 'in play' for the team since the first day of camp.

So, injuries really didn't cripple these units, a lack of talent has.

Woah woah woah, this is literally game 7 of his first season... lets breath a little bit. There may be a hurricane coming, but the sky is not falling so please relax Mr Little.

Need i remind you that Griffin went to BAYLOR... a basic doormat for D-1 football before he was there. He has struggled before. Unlike a lot of first round talent, he hasn't ALWAYS won. His first couple years in Baylor he was the stand out, and the best player on the squad.

How about we let him get through his first TWO years before we worry about him jumping ship.

I don't know about that. Defensive secondary lost Meriweather but is that such a loss? Would his presence with the two corners who were established starters the difference?

On offense, the OL is intact as Brown was never 'in play' for the team since the first day of camp.

So, injuries really didn't cripple these units, a lack of talent has.

I'm not so sure about that. I would bench M. Williams right now he can't play and the only Saftey in the league worse then him is R. Doughty(I love the guy's effort, but he just isn't NFL material). Put Gomes in atleast until he get's hurt as usual when he get's a lot of playing time. The biggest lost on the D is Orakpo imo. I could care less about his sack numbers he constantly was able to make the QB get off his spot and move up and allow other people to pressure or get sacks.

On offense losing Garcon and Davis showed up. Outside Paulson nobody else can catch. That's outright scary when our 3rd string tight end now has the best hands on the team with them 2 out.

Now if Paulson could remember the snap count it would help as well

well we could look towards next year free agents , but with tha cap hit next year aswell were not going to be able to bring any talent worth signing next year so do we take are 2nd pick in tha draft and go for a CB , SS or pass rusher , we need tha pass rush up front , rodgers couldn't catch for **** , but he could cover thanks shanny !:claps:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.