• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Guess It's Time to Talk about the Draft and FA

welllll........I agree with Lanky on OC/OL...that'll happen further down in the draft stack plus FA. I'd bet they do DT/DE in the first round...the talent at that position is supposed to be high this year...or....like as not......one of the top receivers. I know...heresy.....but you can see it coming. this offense is screaming for a gamebreaking playmaker at that position.

I'm more interested in which side of the ball they emphasize - given limited resources - this time around. I'd go all in to upgrade the offensive line to championship caliber and use later rounds for RBs and depth.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go QB or WR in the 1st round either. Probably not WR cause the talent pool isn't that deep, but QB is a definite possibility.

After what Shanny did today, I think we need to look more and more at the possibility of taking a QB with that 1st rounder.

I think taking a quarterback with the #1 pick will be a SIGN to everyone from the owner on down that this club is finally admitting it is time to rebuild the base and that signing these 30 year old has-beens is over.

is the deal with McNabb only getting 3.something mil if we cut him true? that will help me determine whether I want a QB first round or not.

Yes, we can part with him up until week 2 of next season and only pay him the 3.75 mil for this year.

McNabb is gone.

This change was a point of no return IMO for the organization and the player.

How can the Redskins say McNabb is healthy, bench him, and then go back to him if Grossman fails?

I don't see that happening.

McNabb is gone.

This change was a point of no return IMO for the organization and the player.

How can the Redskins say McNabb is healthy, bench him, and then go back to him if Grossman fails?

I don't see that happening.

It won't happen, this move signaled the end of McNabb's time in DC. He will hopefully be traded, if not cut. Now if were really (and I mean REALLY) lucky then Andrew Luck will fall to us, or we may make a move up to get him. If not, then I'm actually not averse to taking Ryan Mallet out of Arkansas. He's a big kid with a big arm and has NFL potential.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see them go QB or WR in the 1st round either. Probably not WR cause the talent pool isn't that deep, but QB is a definite possibility.

good point on WR....I've seen one or two names mentioned as bona fide first round talent but thin otherwise. just saying it's an open wound.

I think taking a quarterback with the #1 pick will be a SIGN to everyone from the owner on down that this club is finally admitting it is time to rebuild the base and that signing these 30 year old has-beens is over.

didn't look at it that way...but yea....so you keep Grossman to mentor the high paid newbee?

I dont think we take a WR because WR almost always takes at least 2 years to contribute, I think we will sign a free agent WR who can contribute right away.

The worst thing about this lost year is that noone will really have any patience for next year, if there is not a SERIOUS improvement in performance all around, then I could shanny getting the heave ho.

I think we take Oline simply because they usually contribute the most in year one, then I think we take Dline because its a huge glaring hole of crapulence, then linebacker, but lets be honest, they way weve been going I could see us reaching on a WR or RB or QB.

I dont think we take a WR because WR almost always takes at least 2 years to contribute, I think we will sign a free agent WR who can contribute right away.

The worst thing about this lost year is that noone will really have any patience for next year, if there is not a SERIOUS improvement in performance all around, then I could shanny getting the heave ho.

I think we take Oline simply because they usually contribute the most in year one, then I think we take Dline because its a huge glaring hole of crapulence, then linebacker, but lets be honest, they way weve been going I could see us reaching on a WR or RB or QB.

no doubt o-line is at the top of the list. I'm just reflecting that they have to find some big time playmakers. other than Cooley...occasionally....they don't have any. anywho.....let's hope it's blow it up time.

yeah I agree, Santana is a great #2 receiver but we need a Numer one gun, we havent gotten great production from our GROUP of wides since the posse, thats brutal. im just trying to figure out what the hell our FO will do based on how they have done things so far.

yeah I agree, Santana is a great #2 receiver but we need a Numer one gun, we havent gotten great production from our GROUP of wides since the posse, thats brutal. im just trying to figure out what the hell our FO will do based on how they have done things so far.

exactly. Moss has Y receiver written all over him - and it would extend his career if they made such a move. As for Mike's idea....not sure. The reality is we just haven't seen enough - he hasn't done all that much...but in a woeful offense that's not a rub on him. He runs good routes, has good hands and a great attitude.

why cant armstrong be that #1? in less than a year he is already proving to be the deep threat. put on a few (10) lbs of muscle, have another year under his belt and I think he will be able to be a legit #1.

We gotta have more size on our #1. Armstrong is only 5-11 so even if he does pack on 10 lbs of muscle, he still won't be a prototypical number one. I'd rather go after someone like Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffry in next years draft.

Rex may have looked good but we still need to draft a QB. It's looking like theres gonna be a 5 team race for Andrew Luck. Comes down to Cincinatti, Arizona, Carolina, Buffalo and us.

Carolina just took Claussen, hopefully they are fine with him.
Buffalo has Fitzpatrick playing very well for them, so lets assume they like him.

That leaves 2 teams we have to compete with. We need Arizona and Cincy to keep on winning.

Rex may have looked good but we still need to draft a QB. It's looking like theres gonna be a 5 team race for Andrew Luck. Comes down to Cincinatti, Arizona, Carolina, Buffalo and us.

Carolina just took Claussen, hopefully they are fine with him.
Buffalo has Fitzpatrick playing very well for them, so lets assume they like him.

That leaves 2 teams we have to compete with. We need Arizona and Cincy to keep on winning.

I keep hearing ARI may be a possible landing spot for McNabb, especially if we cut him. He has a summer home there, and would love throwing to Fitz. That would leave us and Cincy if both our scenarios end up being correct.

I keep hearing ARI may be a possible landing spot for McNabb, especially if we cut him. He has a summer home there, and would love throwing to Fitz. That would leave us and Cincy if both our scenarios end up being correct.

I'd like to think that ARI wouldn't see McNabb as a long term option and probably wouldn't pass up drafting Luck and grooming him under McNabb. I'd say they stay in the running.

Maybe. Or they might be persuaded to allow McNabb to start for a year or so to appease Fitz, who looks like he might murder the coaching staff for subjecting him to this season, and take a lower, developmental QB.

Or you could be right. Both strong possibilities, imo.

Maybe. Or they might be persuaded to allow McNabb to start for a year or so to appease Fitz, who looks like he might murder the coaching staff for subjecting him to this season, and take a lower, developmental QB.

Or you could be right. Both strong possibilities, imo.

Let's hope that they drop out the running haha. Though I will say it will be tough for any team to pass up a talent such as Luck. So our scenarios are probably just wishful thinking. If not, I wouldn't be upset taking Ryan Mallett, he has the size and arm strength to do some damage in Shanny's offense (assuming Shanny is still here next year)

I would not rule out Arizona as a destination and not because of Fitz. I think Wisenhunt will want to win soon. Another horrible year like this one, and he may be looking for a new job. He may want that vet QB to bridge a gap to one of the young QB's already on that roster. McNabb would give the Cardinals the big arm they need to make that system work.

There are going to be plenty of QB needy teams next year. Which ones have coaches that are on the hot seat is the question? Which coach needs a QB in order to save their job may be a key to the trade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.