• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I Guess It's Time to Talk about the Draft and FA

I would not rule out Arizona as a destination and not because of Fitz. I think Wisenhunt will want to win soon. Another horrible year like this one, and he may be looking for a new job. He may want that vet QB to bridge a gap to one of the young QB's already on that roster. McNabb would give the Cardinals the big arm they need to make that system work.

There are going to be plenty of QB needy teams next year. Which ones have coaches that are on the hot seat is the question? Which coach needs a QB in order to save their job may be a key to the trade.

Minnesota and Arizona are the obvious landing spots.

To them I would add San Fransisco, Oakland(only cause they're always in the running), and Miami(Henne is not the answer). Hopefully one of those teams bites and we can recoup a 4th rounder.

There are a few more teams you could add to that list Slacky. How about Cincinnati, Seattle, Carolina and Tennesee. I think it really depends on the coaches they all have. If some of them keep a coach that is on the verge of being fired, McNabb may find a job with them.

There are a few more teams you could add to that list Slacky. How about Cincinnati, Seattle, Carolina and Tennesee. I think it really depends on the coaches they all have. If some of them keep a coach that is on the verge of being fired, McNabb may find a job with them.

Carolina has Claussen and Matt Moore, they're fine with those two.

Tennessee's owner loves Vince Young, he will be their starter.

Seattle is a possibility

Cincinnati will probably draft a QB, I don't see them getting rid of Palmer. In fact Palmer is actually younger than McNabb.

Jimmy Clausen has thrown one td, seven int, this year. Not a very good sign for a future QB. A future QB needs to do a lot more than that, even with a learning curve. Matt Moore, 5 tds, 10 int, this year. They are hurting for a QB. Moore is not the QB everyone thought he was at the end of last year. Between those two 6 passing tds and 17 int this year, that does not cut it from you #1 position. These stats do not include today's games. I know Clausen threw a td today as well.

Tennessee, we really do not know what is going to happen there. I really do not think it is a landing spot, but it is still a possibility. Either Fischer or Young will be gone. We will see. I agree that it is probably Young that stays. Honestly, they could both use a change of scenery.

Cincinnati will probably draft a QB, but I believe Palmer will most likely be gone if they can find a replacement. I read an article recently saying the Bengals were going to ask him to take a pay cut, of course, they also said he plans to refuse. If this is the case, he will be cut. He is not starting material anymore. I think he will find a back-up job or maybe challenge for a starting job, but he is not a clear cut starter anymore.

There are almost always surprising teams involved in trades. Of course, we are assuming there is going to be a market for McNabb. Grossman showed him up today and that is not a ringing endorsement.

You make some good points about Carolina, didn't realize that Clausen was doing that poorly there. The only thing I can think of is he's got no weapons to throw to at all. Take Steve Smith out of the game with a double and he's got no one else. I can see them sticking with Moore (who played very well down the stretch last season and has been hurt pretty much all year this year) and Clausen, then drafting some weapons for the both of them.

The team is 12th in rushing, you would think that could take some pressure off of the QBs. Jonathan Stewart has been on fire as of late. Gettis is not playing too bad, he still has a lot to learn, but he is avg 14.7 yds a rec. This team is 32nd in the league in passing. Sounds like a team that needs a QB. They do need other weapons at the reciever position. This is a needy team and will probably rebuild before trading for McNabb. I just think they 'may' be an outside option.

Still too many unknowns to spend much time considering off season moves. There have already been potentially significant changes in strategy since this thread was started. I'll wait.

I know you're all disappointed.

Still too many unknowns to spend much time considering off season moves. There have already been potentially significant changes in strategy since this thread was started. I'll wait.

how abt this angle...for the moment...what do you think the probability is the Skins go Qb in the first round?

the more I look at it the more I think we do if even a decent QB is there. the Shannys cant afford another BAD season unless they do something drastic, drafting a young qb to build around will buy them time because the average fan will say " well we have a young guy who just needs time" add in that we shouldnt have another top 5 draft pick next year if we are even decently coached and the more I think about it, the more it looks like QB....

the more I look at it the more I think we do if even a decent QB is there. the Shannys cant afford another BAD season unless they do something drastic, drafting a young qb to build around will buy them time because the average fan will say " well we have a young guy who just needs time" add in that we shouldnt have another top 5 draft pick next year if we are even decently coached and the more I think about it, the more it looks like QB....

I agree. and this makes the whole McNabb/Grossman drama more understandable.

tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still depends a lot on what order the draft goes in.

Answer: Unknown

well...looks like we'll be in the top 7 or 8. there are 3...maybe 4 QBs worth looking at in this draft. doesn't have to be Luck.

Carolina could VERY LIKELY trade down from that #1 pick. It would probably cost a couple of 1st round picks (and maybe we could throw in McNabb ;) ) but if Shanny thinks Andrew Luck is worthy of that spot and could be our QB of the future, I would consider it a strong possibility.

well...looks like we'll be in the top 7 or 8. there are 3...maybe 4 QBs worth looking at in this draft. doesn't have to be Luck.
True, but if they can't get some guy they want in the top ten, maybe they go for one they think will drop to the 2nd.

Where we are, exactly, will determine where, and if, we can trade up/down.

Insufficient data, as of now.

Carolina has Claussen and Matt Moore, they're fine with those two.

Tennessee's owner loves Vince Young, he will be their starter.

Seattle is a possibility

Cincinnati will probably draft a QB, I don't see them getting rid of Palmer. In fact Palmer is actually younger than McNabb.

Bud Adams will choose Jeff Fisher over Vince Young 7 days a week and twice on Sunday, don't fool yourself. Young has not proven he's a franchise QB yet, but Jeff Fisher has proven he's an excellent head coach. Why do you think VY apologized to the team and Fisher almost immediately after his incident?

Bud Adams will choose Jeff Fisher over Vince Young 7 days a week and twice on Sunday, don't fool yourself. Young has not proven he's a franchise QB yet, but Jeff Fisher has proven he's an excellent head coach. Why do you think VY apologized to the team and Fisher almost immediately after his incident?

Adams is a Texas guy, VY is his boy. Not saying Adams doesn't respect and love Fisher, but VY is a Texas guy too. Plus, I heard Mortensen on the radio one day say that Adams likes sticking it to the Texans for not drafting Young, even though he was a local product.

I am not saying that Adams will definitively choose Young over Fisher or vice-versa, just that it may be closer than you think.

True, but if they can't get some guy they want in the top ten, maybe they go for one they think will drop to the 2nd.

Where we are, exactly, will determine where, and if, we can trade up/down.

Insufficient data, as of now.

got it. I think they have to make their move this off-season...otherwise....unless Shanahan is thinking new contract....the whole process falls outside his window.

what bugs me about this is that I have always believed you build your team and then go get a QB, better to have a great Oline in place with solid playmakers and then draft a QB that you can bring along and learn your system Guys like Aaron Rodgers and Brady didnt start from day one and I think it shows in how cool under pressure they are. but both had pretty decent teams built before they got there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.