• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Grossman Needs To Go

Bulldog

The Legend
Reaction score
It's fine to finish out the string in 2011 with Grossman as the qb, but we really need to clear the decks for a top pick and perhaps a more capable veteran in 2012.

Yes, rex knows the system but he exhibits just the field habits you don't want to expose a rookie to, namely the poor mechanics and lack of ball security.

I keep hearing over and over that Kyle needs to keep Grossman or Beck here to help develop a new passer.

Why?

Are you telling me that Mike and Kyle can't coach a rookie qb without a backup with prior experience on this particular system?

That's BS. Coryell installed his system in San Diego with Fouts and there was no transitional vet to pave the way. Ditto for Montana with Walsh in SF.

If the coaches can coach and lead they can make it work.

And if the team brings in a character vet to help mentor the rookie it should be a player that is fundamentally sound in his decision-making and field presence.

And let's not go back to the 'it takes 2 years in the system to feel comfortable' bromide.

If you identify and select a capable quarterback and play to his strengths on the fieLd (within an overall system) you will be successful.

If you have the right qb coach that is.

Do we?
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

There's nothing wrong with having a rookie sit for half a season or so to see how things are supposed to work before taking over. If the Shanahans decide to do that I'm ok with it.

But that would be the extent of my patience.

I don't want Grossman back for the reasons I stated above. But your post made me think of another reason.

If the prize rookie does get out there and gets dinged we are back to Mr. Interception and Mr. Sack Fumble for the balance of 2012 as well.

We need to find a vet like Hasselbeck that can come in and play and not embarrass the team, even with a top pick on board.

Beck should have been cut already. You can not convince me Crompton would be worse than Captain Check-Down. Grossman can stay until the end of the season, then... c-ya! I'd truly love to pretend neither of them played a game in a Redskins uniform from here moving forward.

The way Grossman looked yesterday, I think the kids throwing in the Dr. Pepper halftime for tuition money would be better.

If you identify and select a capable quarterback and play to his strengths on the fieLd (within an overall system) you will be successful.

This "play to his strengths" thing concerns me. Maybe neither Grossman nor Beck have any strengths, but I haven't seen any adjustments to help them much either

The way Grossman looked yesterday, I think the kids throwing in the Dr. Pepper halftime for tuition money would be better.

:rotflmao:

You mean the girl who threw the ball push style?

I am not sold on the Grossman needs to go bandwagon or turning the reigns over to a rookie half way through the season. Like I have said before keep Rex, bring in Matt Flynn and let them battle it out for starter. Have the rookie come in with a baseball cap and a clip board. This offensive line needs to get fixed before we throw any QB out there who does not have any experience opposing an NFL defense. Granted, I am hoping the line will be the other focus in the off-season, but a rookie will learn to run for his life not get comfortable in the pocket slipping out only when necessary.

And Fear, I like Flynn because he has been solid in his outings and he has had an opportunity to sit behind one of the best in the league to learn some very good traits to being an NFL QB.

There's only one possible stumbling point with this idea.

The head coach ! Is Shanny all smoke and mirrors, and biding his time till the off season, or does he truly think he can make it work with who we have. I've got a very bad feeling that we get another season of Rex, and no QB drafted.

The head coach ! Is Shanny all smoke and mirrors, and biding his time till the off season, or does he truly think he can make it work with who we have. I've got a very bad feeling that we get another season of Rex, and no QB drafted.

I hope you're wrong. I'm done with this team if they don't draft a QB and revamp the line

If you thought Dan Snyder got it bad from the fans in '09 ... that would be nothing compared to the wrath Shanahan would receive if we went into '12 with Grossman at the helm and no prospect behind him.

If he does that I personally vow to lose my freakin mind.

Simply put: no way. Zippy chance! At least, that is the only way I will stay sane...

Sorry, just throwing out something that could happen. We tend to discuss what we expect, hope, even know should happen, and ignore the darker side of all of this. Not a one of us truly has a handle on Shanahan, and what he'll pull out of his ass next.

Trust me folks, I pray I'm wrong. I don't think there's a football fan on the planet that doesn't know Rex isn't the answer.

Rex isn't the answer but we can't throw a rookie to the wolves with this team, we need to signa better stop gap before just cutting the chord. I can't stomach watching a first round pick flounder and getting shell shocked.

MM.....I expressed the same fear in a post earlier this week. I flushed that nightmare no sooner than I hit the post button. now you have to bring it back? show some heart man!

I understand completely, and we've seen it before.

My point is I don't think Shanny will draft a QB.

I understand completely, and we've seen it before.

My point is I don't think Shanny will draft a QB.

if not...like others...I'll be the first one in the band as Shanahan boards the bus out of town for the last time at the end of next season!

Rex Grossman will be the starter, week 1 of next season, barring injury.

Beck's #2 spot will be occupied by Crompton.

A rookie QB, drafted between the 2nd and 4th rounds will begin his apprenticeship. This will result in an internet planned march, pitchforks in hand, to Ashburn to demand the firing of Coach Shanny for not drafting a QB with the #1 pick. The rally will be organized on numerous fan sites in an effort to show the team just how many fans are "done" with the team.

All 13 of them will be arrested.

I'd prefer if we draft a qb in the first round, he starts immediately. I really don't think Grossman is bringing a whole lot to the table when it comes to guiding and grooming a new qb. I'm not sold on Kyles playcalling or his evaluation of qbs as well.
I'm hoping however that another year of experience will help alot for Kyle. There is no question that the team is more than a year away from becoming an elite team. Winning the division isn't that much of a reach however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.