• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GRIFFIN IS STARTING! GRIFFIN IS STARTING! OH MY GOD, GRIFFIN IS STARTING!!

For all we know at this juncture is that the 'concerns' might be nothing more than the brace, self preservation, and game planning.

What we do know is that..
Griff wants to be unleashed from the brace asap.
Griff needs to polish is self protect skills.
Game plans evolved as Griff learned how to be an NFL quarterback (he was a rookie, right?) and as he and the coaches depended less on his Bayloresque instincts.

Andrews has done his thing and Griff has worked his ass off getting back.

Now it is in Shanny's hands to groom the quarterback and temper the urges of the stallion and his handler just enough to stay in the race for the long haul

Edit
Some other opinions of note from various sources.

Andrews might have set parameters for Shanny to observe such as limping and if Griff shows same then take him out.

Griff will be in real game practice mode this week and chances for setback increases, if observed, caution is the word.

Last edited:
Maybe he still sees something he finds worrisome, and putting it on Andrews gets less of a knee jerk reaction from the fan base. I know the way people are, and though it would be the right thing to do by holding off on starting Robert if he does see something, people will question him.... "Oh, now you know more then Dr Andrews, and stuff along those lines. As a whole, fans can be quite fickle.

Maybe he's just being his own strange in the media self.

Maybe it's like Mike said, and he's trying to mess with Philly.

One thing is for sure, in his mind, he has a reason.

The thing is someone is lying. Maybe Shanahan just had one of his classic miscommunication incidents, but I'm not incline to believe that. He was pretty clear in what he said.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter, it's a soap opera type thing that doesn't matter.

But someone is lying or there are still communication issues inside the team. Something worth noting. It may mean something in the future...

Just sounds to me like Dr Andrews is not a fan of the Read-Option play
Sounds to me like Andrews needs to shut up and worry about surgery and being a doctor. If he wants to be a coach or nfl pundit then fire him and let him do so. Until then shut up and let our coach be the coach.

Sounds to me like Andrews needs to shut up and worry about surgery and being a doctor. If he wants to be a coach or nfl pundit then fire him and let him do so. Until then shut up and let our coach be the coach.

I gotta say i absolutely wanna know what he thinks, and i think he should know what kind of impact the knee is going to take. Him knowing what kind of pressure and impact the knee will could have an impact on what kind of rehab, as well as what kind of "testing" he needs to do in order to clear Griff week 1.

I personally think Andrews couldn't care less, and all the stuff thats being said about him is media members dissecting press conferences too far. That being said, I want Andrews to see what Griff is going to endure, so he can make a proper medical decision based on what he's seeing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.