• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GRIFFIN IS STARTING! GRIFFIN IS STARTING! OH MY GOD, GRIFFIN IS STARTING!!

Who said it was Shanahan? I haven't seen that anywhere. Shefter didn't say that. It could be an assistant trainer or anyone in the organization. It's almost certainly not a higher up - why would they leak it knowing the first question that would be asked is why have you decided in advance of De. Andrews exam?

No one said this was Shanahan, but it came from Shefter. And everything else Shefter has said re: the redskins has been attributed to his close relationship with Shanahan, and everything else he has said has been accompanied with "and Shefter gets his information directly from Shanahan"

I'm assuming Lanky titled the thread, based on a Shefter tweet, with the basic understanding that Shefter gets his information directly from Shanahan.

So no, no one has said that Shefter's tweet and information is based on a conversation with Shanahan. But 3 years of following news and listening to the way everyone regards Shefter implies that the information came directly from Shanahan.

Unless this in the one time in the last 10 years Shefter has said something about a Shanahan team that didn't come directly from Shanahan.

Can we fast forward to week 5 where we're 4-0 yet? Please?

good response. really gets to what i was talking about.

You haven't said anything other than that this came from Shanahan. It's an assumption you are making. It's okay to admit it :)

Woohoo! I can honestly say I didn't have a doubt since his surgery. Call me unrealistically optimistic, but I never had a doubt; ACL recon technology has made so much progress over the past decade and I know RG3 has the heart of a champion. So proud of him when I watched the documentary last night, he's an amazing person...and holy crap, his rehab looks incredible!

Shefter did write Shanahan's biography in Denver so I would think he has some pull on information once it is ready for the media :)

That said, I am mildly surprised. I really thought the team was going to start Cousins against the Eagles and bring Griffin back in Week 2 or 3.

As it turns out right now Griffin may be more ready to play than Cousins with that foot sprain.

Who said it was Shanahan? I haven't seen that anywhere. Shefter didn't say that. It could be an assistant trainer or anyone in the organization. It's almost certainly not a higher up - why would they leak it knowing the first question that would be asked is why have you decided in advance of De. Andrews exam?

Shefter said it was Shanahan

ESPN 980 Audio Vault - Play Now

According to him, it's official. It's not a rumor.

:)

Congratulations . Now it's not an assumption.

Congratulations . Now it's not an assumption.

It never really was... I really don't get why all the sudden the history of shefter doesn't mean anything to you. But I guess you just want to be snarky so screw it. :\

It never really was... I really don't get why all the sudden the history of shefter doesn't mean anything to you. But I guess you just want to be snarky so screw it. :\

You haven't seen my snarky but keep it up.

OH SNAP

but back on the actual issue. I'm still curious what changed that an official decision came early. i'm sure shanahan will tell us tomorrow after the game.

I really don't think anything has changed since the Head Coach first made the public statement that Griffin would start week one barring a setback. He's repeated that statement every time he's been asked. Robert's participated in the last practice before tomorrow night's game. There hasn't been a setback. How much more simple could it get?

Can we fast forward to week 5 where we're 4-0 yet? Please?

Hell no. I want to savor ever second of every game......

I'll still wait to hear Shanahan say it. Not that I think Shefter is a liar, but I like to hear things I care about come from the horse's mouth.

Right there with ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.