• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

GRIFFIN IS STARTING! GRIFFIN IS STARTING! OH MY GOD, GRIFFIN IS STARTING!!

No setbacks occurred before the decision is to be final. I.E tomorrow. So it is a forgone conclusion, as Shanahan has said all preseason.

The only part that has me down is that I know I will cringe every time a defender gets near him now. I dont want to stress like that every game!

The only part that has me down is that I know I will cringe every time a defender gets near him now. I dont want to stress like that every game!

Its gonna be like that the rest of his career, no matter when he starts this season!

little more than a week to go until we finish what was started in the Seattle game. is that great or what?!!!!!

So, the doc has cleared Robert to play but has some concerns, so shanny will talk over the weekend with Robert. It's not a lock from how I reading into it that he starts against Philly

How serious of concerns?

Shanny said he tell us Monday. One reporter asked if Robert will start, and Shanny deferred to the talk over the weekend, and Monday letting the cat out of the bag. He didn't seem too overly concerned, but you just can't tell with Mike.

Andrews' concerns are that Griffin has driven his value back up to a first round pick. Was hoping for 2nd round steal in fantasy draft next week.

Rut roh shaggy.....

Trey Wingo from espn reporting Andrews concern is with how the redskins plan to use Griffin.

Shefter reports Andrews concerns are that the redskins don't expose griffin's knee to punishment.

I don't know how you can clear a player for football with that caveat... He's either cleared or he's not...

Dr Andrew's comments translated:

"Shanny is a dumbass, and I don't trust him. He has terrible judgement. He lied about me last year, and I had to call him out in public. Then he hid like a 3-yr. old girl."

Tom Brady suffered a torn ACL standing strong in the pocket. Richard Crawford tore his ACL returning a punt on a hard cut when a Bills defender hit his knee (although if you ask me, it was already partially torn judging by how he was limping off after his first return). Brandon Meriweather tore his ACL with zero contact. The list of ACL injuries goes on and on in every situation possible - it is legitimately impossible to "protect" Griffin's knee at this point.

Chris Russell from espn 980 says Andrews told him "he's in their hands now, they'll take good care of him"

Mike Jones from the Washington post says
As others have reported, Dr. Andrews denies claims of concerns over @RGIII knee. Says, "None of this is true. No concerns."

Not sure why Shanahan would say there are concerns then...

Chris Russell from espn 980 says Andrews told him "he's in their hands now, they'll take good care of him"

Mike Jones from the Washington post says
As others have reported, Dr. Andrews denies claims of concerns over @RGIII knee. Says, "None of this is true. No concerns."

Not sure why Shanahan would say there are concerns then...

Maybe he still sees something he finds worrisome, and putting it on Andrews gets less of a knee jerk reaction from the fan base. I know the way people are, and though it would be the right thing to do by holding off on starting Robert if he does see something, people will question him.... "Oh, now you know more then Dr Andrews, and stuff along those lines. As a whole, fans can be quite fickle.

Maybe he's just being his own strange in the media self.

Maybe it's like Mike said, and he's trying to mess with Philly.

One thing is for sure, in his mind, he has a reason.

Rut roh shaggy..... Trey Wingo from espn reporting Andrews concern is with how the redskins plan to use Griffin.

Shefter reports Andrews concerns are that the redskins don't expose griffin's knee to punishment.

I don't know how you can clear a player for football with that caveat... He's either cleared or he's not...

"you can play him if you promise me he won't get hurt"

Ill take that guarantee ANY DAY!!

Dr Andrew's comments translated:

"Shanny is a dumbass, and I don't trust him. He has terrible judgement. He lied about me last year, and I had to call him out in public. Then he hid like a 3-yr. old girl."

Just sounds to me like Dr Andrews is not a fan of the Read-Option play

Just sounds to me like Dr Andrews is not a fan of the Read-Option play

Do you mean the read-option that our team ran last year, that made it so Griffin had less pressure so he really didn't take any big hits when he used it; or are you talking about the mythical read-option play we hear about from random sports analysts that leads to exploded heads from aneurysms followed by imploded knees and hip death?

Griffin took big hits on scrambles. He took an occasional hit running the read option, but never anything threatening. And no more than he would have taken if he had been running a traditional offense(see Luck, Andrew and Rodgers, Aaron).

Do you mean the read-option that our team ran last year, that made it so Griffin had less pressure so he really didn't take any big hits when he used it; or are you talking about the mythical read-option play we hear about from random sports analysts that leads to exploded heads from aneurysms followed by imploded knees and hip death?

I'm referring to the read-option this year, which will be NFL Defenses' ways of aggressievely adjusting to, and discouraging, the read-option, by landing extremely questionable big hits, (dangerous and borderline penalty hits) on the QB on those plays.

Defenses will not play it the same as last year. They will not just sit back and duplicate their 2012 defense, and hope for the best, or just hope for good luck against, the read-option play. Over the course of NFL history, defenses (with varying degrees of success), have always mounted an aggressive counter-strategy to every new and successful offensive strategy. And the defensive counter-strategy to the read-option will be to discourage it, by deliberately attempting to force injuries on the QB, in a "legal as possible" method. Their theory is that if defenses can get enough franchise or "star" QB's hurt in that scheme, it will be a scare tactic for coaches to reconsider it.

Last edited:
I dont know why anyone would expect an identical offensive plan this season, including the way the read option was run. Just like Defenses will have lots of grand and creative wrinkles and twists to address it, so will the Shannahans have lots of new ways to score points. Thats how this game works isnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.