• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Game Thread: Philadelphia Eagles

2) Playcalling. As FS pointed out, it was very frustrating at times. You've had an entire offseason to prepare, and that was the first-half game plan you called? Yeah they didn't have a lot of time with the early turnovers, but that looked like street ball. The second half offense was called much better, but then again they were going up against a prevent D.

That's because it was streetball. That's what happens when the game starts out that way. No one practices to be down by 20+ points early in the game. Cooley even said it on the radio - when that happens you revert back to day one training camp plays because thats about all you have at this point in the year, they don't practice that during the week, they install an offense and it wasn't working.

The playcalling was bad because the execution was atrocious and something had to be done. I just wish they would have hurried a little more in the 3rd quarter. The whole stadium was yelling at them to hurry the **** up and they just took their time. It cost them opportunities at the end of the game.

The entire D was "lost in coverage," to be fair to Rambo. Kind of hard to single him out when everyone looked lost all night. Plus, he's a rookie going up against a team with very little film on it. I thought Rambo played fairly well; he was one of the better tacklers out there (although that's not saying much).

That's it! LOL.

I don't understand why there was zero urgency.

The only thing I can think of is that absolutely nothing was working and they needed to put together a drive.

Execute correctly vs Execute quickly.

If Forbath doesn't miss the field goal it's a different game. I think Shanahan proved there was plenty of time left in the game given where we were with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. The continued lack of execution, badly spent time outs, and poorly timed penalties killed us in the 4th, not the lack of time.

Yeah...and a juuuuuust too far pass from Griffin to Hankerson. It would have been a spectacular one-handed grab to extend the game, but the pass was a bit off. I think if he DOES catch that one, we may win the game.

Yeah... when Griffin threw a good pass, they dropped it. When the guy was open Griffin threw a bad pass.
Just not in sync.

Oh well. ****ty way for me to take a break from the season. I'll miss the next 2 games. I'm recording them. Hopefully they're worth watching when I get back.

Morgan turning up field instead of getting out of bounds when he easily could. not once, but twice. he got lucky an Iggles player got injured on one of those plays but come on!!

Yeah.

But you reminded me of something, and this isn't to take away from what you said at all...

Morgan had a catch out in the flats that he turned into like a 20 yard gain because 3 guys tried to tackle him and he rolled and dragged his way to get 10 extra yards. Was one of the few really good individual efforts I saw in the night.

The Celek TD grated my nerves. If Rambo had wrapped up, even if just to delay Celek, someone else might have been able to get there to make the stop. That then puts Vick in the redzone, where good decisions are put at a premium; not something that is good for Vick.

I thought Rambo played like a rookie. He wasn't so horribly awful that we need to panic. But if Merriweather ever gets right (ha!), I think you start him without thinking twice.

The Celek TD grated my nerves. If Rambo had wrapped up, even if just to delay Celek, someone else might have been able to get there to make the stop. That then puts Vick in the redzone, where good decisions are put at a premium; not something that is good for Vick.

I thought Rambo played like a rookie. He wasn't so horribly awful that we need to panic. But if Merriweather ever gets right (ha!), I think you start him without thinking twice.

This is pretty much the consensus on Rambo; he had a very up and down night. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a poor tackler; he's not. Most of his missed tackles were due to hesitation more than anything, which I blame on rookie-itis.

Rambo is NOT a good tackler...there is no arguing it. the guy uses his shoulders, he takes bad angles, and needs to figure that **** out ASAFP.

I'm giving him until game 7. That gives him 6 regular season games, and 7 weeks (bye), to get it together. He's a rookie.

If he's still doing the same dumb stuff in game 7 then we have a real problem.

Ideally he'd figure out quicker, but he doesn't appear to be a brightest crayon in the box.

I'm giving him until game 7. That gives him 6 regular season games, and 7 weeks (bye), to get it together. He's a rookie.

If he's still doing the same dumb stuff in game 7 then we have a real problem.

Ideally he'd figure out quicker, but he doesn't appear to be a brightest crayon in the box.

I want to see quicker decision making, which is his problem. Watch his game film from Georgia, he is a sound tackler. The problem is the speed of the game in the NFL.

Like a rookie pitcher that fools professional hitters the first time around the league, defenses in the NFL will figure out Kelly's offense and adapt.

Same goes for Davis' defense.

Yeah and that offense is great - when it works.
When you're not doing well it just means you give the ball back to the other team quicker...

they got off 53 plays in the first half
and I think 17 in the 2nd?
with all that hype about how quick it is, they didnt even get up the most offensive plays of the week. NE did.

they got 2 delay of game penalties in the second as well. that Offense is going to get tired quickly and players like Vick are going to get hurt VERY fast. he's not only taking shots in the pocket but he is trying to run out and make blocks. some stud LB is going to lay him out big time for doing that.

we gave up too many points and left too many points out there to believe that they beat us anymore than we beat ourselves. Griff was rusty, Morris was fumbling, WRs dropping balls. I mean even Kai (who was perfect last year) missed a 40 yarder he was drilling in preseason.

Couldn't agree more. I know this is loser-talk and sour grapes, but I was impressed with Philly for about a quarter. Once we adjusted, it was over. We just dug too deep a hole in the first quarter and a half to recover. That offense looks great right now, and I'm sure the national media will be just breathless over Chip Kelly, but there are some serious issues with that team.

Vick won't last five more games is my prediction.

There was one running play that Vick became a lead blocker, and Rambo allowed himself to get blocked by him. I was really pissed, I was hoping Rambo would light his ass up if he tried to block him! I'm betting he wants that play back very badly...

This reads as though you think someone other than Griffin has made it a point that Griffin should be a pocket-only passer and not run as much?

It was pretty evident Robert was a bit gun shy, and rusty, but the game plan was flat. Cousins could have executed that game plan just as well. Seems pretty obvious to me, the plan was to keep Robert from running around. Last season, there's no way he takes as many hits or sacks in that situation.

Robert doesn't make the game plan....

It was pretty evident Robert was a bit gun shy, and rusty, but the game plan was flat. Cousins could have executed that game plan just as well. Seems pretty obvious to me, the plan was to keep Robert from running around. Last season, there's no way he takes as many hits or sacks in that situation.

Robert doesn't make the game plan....

It's just curious to me that you'd pin it on the coaching staff when it was griffin and his father that embarked on the 'griffin should be a pocket quarterback' crusade over the off-season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.