• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five Potential New Names for Washington’s Football Team from Sports Illustrated

It's not a cockblock if he sells or gives it to them. It's called smart business, and anyone is welcome to go buy a domain or copyright a name anytime they want to. And really...."create something" as if this is a noble endeavor? Please, it's a PC circle jerk that Snyder has caved to, there's nothing noble abpout it when it's based on lies that the mob bought hook line and sinker. Anyone smart enough to have seen it coming and profit off of this idiocy is alright in my book. I only wish I had thought of it first so I could be the one sticking it to em for greenbacks. To hell with ALL of em.

CT: good post. One clarification - this wasn't a mob orchestrated event. This was mostly backdoor manipulations by powerful business types. Snyder caved because of financial threats. Rivera abetted the cause as the proverbial Redwolf in redsheep clothing. Who knows who else in the organization helped pull the red carpet from beneath Snyder.

Thanks for requesting clarification.

I wasn’t referencing Snyder at all. I was referencing lazy people who squat on domain names with no intention to ever use them for anything other than legal extortion.

Well, Chris, I can see both sides of the argument. From a purest pov you're correct, squatting is not a technical or service matter that enhances the customer experience. From a business pov, it is rather insignificant and pales in comparison to the same arm behind the back twisting the NFL practices by controlling access to the resources they own.

The NFL must be destroyed.

we were supposed to get a new name YESTERDAY...this is just typical.

The mob was ultimately the driving force behind it. If the mob doesn't buy into the sales job by Harjo and Co then the sponsors never feel the heat of the mob and everything is status quo. The mob made Nike and Fed Ex flinch so now they've reacted. Totally mob driven IMO.

WOLFPACK or WOLVES? I'm just having some fun. As a 2 year Tar Heels grad and lifelong fan, it would be a trip being a Wolfie as well. You other ACC grads can relate probably.

Attachments

• wolfpack.png
    wolfpack.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 61
  • wolves.jpg
    wolves.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Washington Homeless
Washington Non-Gender pro-nouns
Washington Pigeons

I don't think this is something that has just shifted toward legit change.. my conspiracy theory brain thinks that there is a lot more to this story, and I can connect some tangible dots that could easily mean Dan Snyder does not own this team much longer.

1. Nike pulls out. They're under contract as officially licensed apparel for the NFL. There is no way they can do that without the NFL signing off on it. If there's one thing the NFL likes, it's money.... The NFL has radio silence through this episode of change the name, and to allow a manufacturer to breach a contract and remove the ability to turn a profit on merchandise that have already been produced.... The NFL is smarter than that. They didn't just stop producing Redskins gear with a 'sold out' across their website. They pulled it off the shelf. There's a warehouse now that has boxes of tag on merchandise sitting somewhere.

2. Fedex pulls out. That means the current lease of 1600 Fedex way is not getting paid for by the corporate sponsor. I don't know the exact $$ amount but I can't imagine it's an inexpensive monthly cost.

3. 40% share of the minority owners are now wanting out, completely removing any doubt that Snyder is basically impossible to work with in the process. Thus making it very unlikely that anyone will have an actual interest in buying into the team in it's current state.

4. The name change. The cost of changing the name of a team is anyone's guess, but I can't figure that's cheap either. Renderings, re-branding, new merchandise, stadium and facility renovations... all of it. Meanwhile all the old stuff is now obsolete. Is nuclear to 95% of the US population. Chances are it won't move. There will be die hards, collectors, and purists that may still invest, but Redskins gear likely no longer moves off the shelves with any real momentum.

Now that those points are made... I ask you. How is Dan Snyder, who's only truly profitable entity is the Washington Redskins, going to pay for the lease of the stadium, buy out the 40% of ownership void left by the fact that minority owners want out and it's unlikely anyone else wants in, re-brand a team, supply new gear, build a new stadium, and own a franchise..... while not selling gear, no fans in the stands, and what would appear to be no help from the NFL.

Put your tin foil hats on boys, I'm gonna blow your mind.... theory alert..

Jeff Bezos has been in the ear of the NFL since his name was floated out there in November.... and even before that. I think the NFL is icing Snyder out because they want to open the door for Bezos to buy the team. They kill about 4 birds with 1 stone, and Bezos likely will not be open to being a minority owner.... he wants the whole thing, or at a minimum... 51%

1. Get rid of Snyder
2. Bring in a WEALTHY replacement with marketing and powerful pull
3. New Stadium deal which opens the door for Superbowl / Probowl, as well as World Cup hosting in 2026.
4. They don't have to listen to the anti-Redskin march any more.

I wonder how hard Snyder is willing to fight to keep the team if it's no longer the Washington Redskins... and how much easier he'd be willing to part ways.... He's always said he's a fan first.

Yes i'm quoting myself... just sayin....

That's all well and good, but short some kind of massive blunder by Snyder, it's going to be very hard to force him out. Your best bet is if the stuff supposedly about to come out related to the organization is so bad that he can't escape culpability for it.

The only question is, will he be a witness for the prosecution, or one of the defendants?

The only question is, will he be a witness for the prosecution, or one of the defendants?

Chad is not mincing words. He does cite the WaPo with the "@" sign - no one does that without some of the goods - or more. Starting to think this is something that centers squarely on Dan and with a few others in tow. The question I have at this point is this: Does it involve time in prison? Perhaps, serious time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.