• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five Potential New Names for Washington’s Football Team from Sports Illustrated

Got me on the edge of the cliff just waiting to see what method Snyder uses to kill my fandom off.....

The Redskins have already said that the new name/logo will not be Native American-related or use any imagery related to Native Americans. I fear they are going to pull out their Pokedex and go with 'Redwolves' (which, with apologies to Burgundy Burner is too juvenile and cheesy for me to support). But if they go with Warriors it will be a military-themed name imho.

I wasn't 100% kidding about 'Redwolves'. I don't know if I can go forward supporting a team called the 'Redwolves'. I know all the arguments, but for me, it sounds like something Pokemon collectors came up with. The spam campaign on social media has just made me hate it even more. To each his own.

My interest in the red wolf goes back to the late '80s when some of these animals were placed in an area of northeastern North Carolina. That is very close to my hometown of Virginia Beach and I have been following the plight of this wolf ever since. Many more are held in captivity as restoration efforts continue. It will take decades to restore the red wolf - maybe more than a century.

If the team becomes the RedWolves, then my interest will grow considerably. I have been involved with trying to increase awareness of the Appalachian cottontail rabbit for many years. It is endangered, but not as critically as the red wolf.

My interest in the red wolf goes back to the late '80s when some of these animals were placed in an area of northeastern North Carolina. That is very close to my hometown of Virginia Beach and I have been following the plight of this wolf ever since. Many more are held in captivity as restoration efforts continue. It will take decades to restore the red wolf - maybe more than a century.

If the team becomes the RedWolves, then my interest will grow considerably. I have been involved with trying to increase awareness of the Appalachian cottontail rabbit for many years. It is endangered, but not as critically as the red wolf.

I might hate it less intensely if they dispensed with the Pokemon 'Redwolves' name. There are no such thing as 'Red Wolves'. Make it 'Red Wolves' and I'm slightly less antagonistic about it.

That logo is sharp - although they should use the Washington Monument or the Lincoln Memorial, not a symbol of our corrupt Congress. Doesn't change my feeling about the name.
Can’t use the Washington Monument for two reasons-

George Washington owned slaves and phallic symbols are disconcerting to those unsure of their gender identity.

Can't use any of the buildings in DC - all of them were built with slave labor.

The only building that was not built with slave labor and is very recognizable would be the Pentagon.

Can't use any of the buildings in DC - all of them were built with slave labor.

The only building that was not built with slave labor and is very recognizable would be the Pentagon.

Yeah, but it was attacked by Islamofascists, who were the protected party du jour for a bit.

I wish some of you guys would make it clear if you're being sarcastic or not so I know whether to silently laugh at your takes or not :)

If I shoot the remaining, can we move on to other name possibilities?

Lmao okay, I'm finished. I will patiently wait for it like us all. God please nothing that ends with Hawks. That will be like Seahawks UGH!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.