• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Five Potential New Names for Washington’s Football Team from Sports Illustrated

Amazon has announced all redskins merch is pulled from their site....

If they go with 'Warriors', I'll confess, I think this is kind of a cool look...

if the goal is to get back in DC perm, I am good with the stars. If not, and its in VA or MD, it doesn't really make any sense.

Again, I don't understand why the Redskins can't adopt a team name and logo that represent Washington DC the way the Caps and Nats do.

One of the mistakes Abe Pollin made was changing the Bullets to the Wizards. Not only was 'Bullets' a nickname that had a long history of winning and having HOF players, but no one could identify with Wizards. It doesn't mean anything.

Adopt the red, white and blue colors of the Caps and Nats and make DC the focus of the team re-brand.

And there's a story out today about how the danny gave up the chance to patent "Warriors" earlier this year. Alway the master stratigist..................................

I still think the Redskins move to VA even after the name change. DC is not going to contribute any $$ towards a new stadium IMO and as a businessman Snyder or a new owner is going to look for the municipality which offers him the best deal. And that won't be DC.

The other fact is the demographics of the situation in recent decades have put more and more fans into the NVA market and away from Maryland.

DC, contrary to the Mayor's statements during the Nats parade, doesn't have the population to support an NFL team. Most of the Caps and Nats games I go to I see people from VA or MD for the most part.

So, the Redskins will likely be like the Giants, who years ago left NY and made NJ home.

977738AD-5A15-48E2-912C-76BEF6BB4362.jpeg
Saw this and honestly laughed a little

I think it's going to be Red Wolves.

If there is going to be a change I would think we would be moving away from naming after people in general.

Red Hawks or War Hawks doesn't work because there are already 4 or 5 teams with bird names.

We have Bears, Lions, Panthers, etc. in addition to all of the birds - Ravens, Seahawks, Eagles, Cardinals, Falcons, etc.

I still think the Redskins move to VA even after the name change. DC is not going to contribute any $$ towards a new stadium IMO and as a businessman Snyder or a new owner is going to look for the municipality which offers him the best deal. And that won't be DC.
From what I am hearing, the Oxon Hill Farms the land swap is not over. I was told the land swap has taken place, but there were other things involved. I am beginning to wonder if those other things could be the name change...this may have been in the works for a while, and the faux outrage has just sped things along with the eventual name change.

My source? Just someone who says they know. I left it at that, you can do the same.

Last edited:
rumor today is RedWolves taking the lead and most likely the new name...

From what I am hearing, the Oxon Hill Farms the land swap is not over. I was told the land swap has taken place, but there were other things involved. I am beginning to wonder if those other things could be the name change...this may have been in the works for a while, and the faux outrage has just sped things along with the eventual name change.

My source? Just someone who says they know. I left it at that, you can do the same.

Adding to this...

I have talked about the Oxon Hill site of late. I can't reveal anything, but can say that it is not a fully done deal - possibly close though.

Last I heard there were efforts to get the trademarks but he had stopped that process. Who knows. But please Jesus - let it be Warriors if the other possibility is that which shall not be mentioned...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.