• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Coronavirus - COVID19

Looking for suggestions for online general news sites that don’t have political leanings.

AP, Reuters...any others I could check out?

Elephant recommended this one to me.
The articles are extremely short and concise, because all they do is report the actual event, and do not tell you how to think, so it's very 'lean' stories, without the 'fat' of propaganda.
Can't guarantee you'll like it, but maybe worth a try.

So the only consistency with it, seems to be fever and cough
Fever, cough, shortness of breath. I’ve also heard anecdotally that some people have pain (pins and needles like) on their chest area.

We furloughed 80% of our staff yesterday, our relief package to our customers is out but when you have zero revenue coming in due to deferring all monies due until June and maybe further unfortunately difficult decisions must be made. I made the initial cut but we could skinny the Florida leadership team as well, luckily I save well.

Tough decisions being made every second of every day due to this damn scourge. Sorry to hear that SO - I know employees and companies are going through hell right now.

Theres 104 small businesses and now 2 team members left in my office that depend on my assurance, guidance and sense of comfort. Just send good vibes as I wander through this muck and keep my mantra that positivity breeds positivity, positively. Fyi F Dallas

Theres 104 small businesses and now 2 team members left in my office that depend on my assurance, guidance and sense of comfort. Just send good vibes as I wander through this muck and keep my mantra that positivity breeds positivity, positively. Fyi F Dallas
not sure how I can help, but if you need any IT advice or brainstorm you know how to find me. Almost too many ways to find me LOL

We furloughed 80% of our staff yesterday, our relief package to our customers is out but when you have zero revenue coming in due to deferring all monies due until June and maybe further unfortunately difficult decisions must be made. I made the initial cut but we could skinny the Florida leadership team as well, luckily I save well.

I could be wrong, but isn't Florida on the verge of following the pattern of other states, and proceeding to a total shutdown, which would close virtually all businesses. Then only "essential" businesses would remain open. Problem is, there is great debate going on about what is considered an "essential" business.

I think many counties in most states have already issued 'Shelter in Place' orders where non-essential public activities are banned. It's already occurred in all of the counties near me in NC.

The best thing to do is stop watching the news.

the cure is to stop watching the news.

These advices are good.
Not necessarily completely tune out the news.
But watch just enough of it, to stay informed of pertinent changes that affect you.
Anything more than that, can be damaging to one's mental health, IMO.

Guys, the news isnt the issue. If you dedicate your lives to reading every single column and getting caught up in opinions of "expert advice" you're just going to drive yourself crazy.

I could be wrong, but isn't Florida on the verge of following the pattern of other states, and proceeding to a total shutdown, which would close virtually all businesses. Then only "essential" businesses would remain open. Problem is, there is great debate going on about what is considered an "essential" business.

So far mostly counties with international airports here, the "country" counties are not. I doubt DeSantis orders statewide, florida is actually pretty spread out.

Last edited:
Howdy y'all. So with the Covid 19 thang (OMG! We're ALL gonna die!!!) sports are of course suspended...cuz yeah. ESPN is televising replays of MLB?!? WTF?? Is the death flu also insomniatic? I mean, the original base-bore games were bad enough - now I'm supposed to watch them again? Miss me with that drama.

A lot of people are dying brother.

Hang in there! Good mindset. Never give up.

Howdy y'all. So with the Covid 19 thang (OMG! We're ALL gonna die!!!) sports are of course suspended...cuz yeah. ESPN is televising replays of MLB?!? WTF?? Is the death flu also insomniatic? I mean, the original base-bore games were bad enough - now I'm supposed to watch them again? Miss me with that drama.
A lot of people are dying brother.

My impression is he did not intend any disrespect, but like a lot of people, he's just venting in frustration.
It's a bad situation, yea. But likely he, and many others are frustrated with how it's being played out throughout society.

My impression is he did not intend any disrespect, but like a lot of people, he's just venting in frustration.
It's a bad situation, yea. But likely he, and many others are frustrated with how it's being played out throughout society.
my impression is "know your audience" some of us have friends who are in medically induced comas from it still.

I don't care how frustrated someone may be, being sarcastic and flippant about something killing people isn't ever going to be funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.