• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confirmed Signings

A pass rushing DE is worth more than a running back. The Giants should have drafted a back and let Bradshaw go in free agency.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

A pass rushing DE is worth more than a running back. The Giants should have drafted a back and let Bradshaw go in free agency.

I guess they were looking at getting Bush for a good price, and when Miami snatched him up, keeping Bradshaw became a higher priority.

I completely agree that a rushing end is worth far more. Osi has killed us for a long time, and I'd love to either have him on our team, or out of the division.

id take Osi as well..I dont know what happened up there but I just cant believe he fell off that quickly.

I think it's a matter of interpretation. From what I can figure, Reese is looking at the two seasons with Osi missing much of one, and Osi is looking at last season only... still playing at a high level in two years.

Id bet that Albert and Chad both have good years.

and I just read this about Olsen to the Bears:

Bears trade Greg Olsen to Carolina. Olsen should be a perfect target for Jimmy Clausen to overthrow into double coverage.

I don't doubt both will have good seasons, but their former teams had little use for them.

Who cares?

Haynesworth was not going to play well here and that's all that matters.

If Albert had truly been a Reggie White type player as he claimed he wanted to be, his loss in a trade or free agency would have been devasatating. But as it is there is nothing but relief at his departure.

Y'know....one thing I'm really loving right now is our current stockpiling of future draft picks. The 2012 and 2013 could bring a number of good, young talent.....like the 2011 draft will hopefully turn out to bring. Bottom line is that it appears that this regime is taking seriously the idea of rebuilding thru youth and numbers.....rather than thru fantasy football.

Mike is right, they will both likely have good years. Its so annoying watching this debacle.

I guess it can be annoying for many, but not for me. I learned a number of years ago that there's no sense in getting bunged up over things you have no control over. It make me a much less stressed fan...

I agree, Miles. I'm just sitting back watching things unfold. I expected things to get really chaotic-it's not over yet either, I don't think.

However, I must say that given the situation and circumstances this is the most intelligently done combination draft/FA I have seen the Redskins do in a very long time.

I agree, Miles. I'm just sitting back watching things unfold. I expected things to get really chaotic-it's not over yet either, I don't think.

However, I must say that given the situation and circumstances this is the most intelligently done combination draft/FA I have seen the Redskins do in a very long time.

I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say that this has been the best combo of draft/FA in team history. There was no real FA until the '90s. The '80s had the Plan B stuff and some semblance of a FA period, but nothing like we have seen in the last twenty years or so.

We're not done yet and we could see some good deals to come.

Couldn't agree more Serv.

I find the loss of Albert and McNugget liberating. The annoyance is gone, and we and the team can focus on football. Sure, we lost our shirt on the deals, but we're in better shape then two of our division rivals with the cap, and that a good thing. We're filling needs with a guarded approach, and that's down right refreshing. I know that we won't see a complete turn around of this team this year, so I sit and enjoy watching us do things seeming right for once, and expect to see the normal progress of a team in it's second season of a new regime.

Chaotic may be an understatement. I'm thinking more on the lines of a feeding frenzy. I have a nice bottle of red wine just waiting for tomorrow night. I can sit back, and enjoy the show.

Wouldn't fit at all. I have seen a couple of things that are suggesting he may be traded.

I'm about the least knowledgeable person here, so if we were looking for DE, as we were with Jenkins, why doesn't he fit ?

Beginning to think that the Cullen Jenkins thing was a smokescreen. Bowen said that his agent was contacted one minute into FA by the Redskins and it went from there. Sounds like we completely snookered the Cowboys on this one and they are still shell-shocked about it.

Funny thing is, we could still end up with CJ for an even better price - if he really has his heart set on coming here. Either way, we totally fleeced the Cowboys today and it has left them with almost no options at DE. They will be left with table scraps or bringing back Spears. We have a very competent FO now and the Cowboys FO consists of their owner/president/GM/head coach in the background/cap expert/head scout/team doctor/etc., etc., etc.

All this and we're STILL 34 million UNDER the cap?!!?!?? Holy cow.....this could go on for another week and we may still not have to throttle down. This is the craziest thing.

All this and we're STILL 34 million UNDER the cap?!!?!?? Holy cow.....this could go on for another week and we may still not have to throttle down. This is the craziest thing.

Keep in mind that we are going to sign Landry to a long term contract - maybe others? I realize that won't put us at or over the cap, but we'll see what the FO has going for it soon enough. :)

I couldn't agree more. It's so nice to finally NOT have the inmates running the asylum.

Jonathan Joseph to the Texans.

Looks like the Jets and 49ers will fight for Asomugha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.