• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confirmed Signings

Glad to see we kept Tana, and I'm good with the contract, 3 years is about right. Maybe a little steep on the price but to keep him here, I'm all in.

I've seen mentioned a few places that under the new CBA, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the length of the contract which will give teams an out in terms of decreasing the cap space hit when signing players to a new contract so Moss' new salary may not hurt us all that badly after all.

Oddly enough, all of a sudden I find myself getting fired up for football season!!

Only a few weeks to wait until pre-season! Maybe we should do this lockout thing EVERY year!!

Oddly enough, all of a sudden I find myself getting fired up for football season!!

Only a few weeks to wait until pre-season! Maybe we should do this lockout thing EVERY year!!

Uh....I think I'll pass on that one if it's o.k.

That's a lot for a 32 year old who's had a lot of hammy and groin injuries the past 3-4 years - at least in my book.

And the problem wasn't going after an Eagles QB - it was going after the WRONG Eagles QB. And actually - the answer on that front is probably easy. The Eagles wouldn't trade Kolb to an inter-division rival :)

Boone, I have to say I don't quite agree with the bolded part of your statement. As I mentioned in another post, Andy Reid has a type of "magic" when it comes to getting the most out of a QB. McNabb was one, Vick is another, and I'd be willing to wager that another team, be it the Redskins or not, wouldn't be able to get the same level of performance out of Kolb that Reid can. I think the strategy being employed likely leans toward the idea of enhancing the support structure, OL, RBs, DL, maybe a WR before going after a franchise type QB. Grabbing a QB in FA would actually surprise me a bit.

Orton? a possible but I am leaning toward him probably winding up in Arizona-this being subject to the chaos that is FA, of course. :bucktooth:

Another thing-I have pretty much concluded that Shanny is completely serious about Beck. I think he really believes he can make John Beck into a viable starting QB. And as we both know, Shanny can be a bit...uh...stubborn...when he's made up his mind on something.:rolleyes:

I can't argue the fat man has the magic touch with QBs -but Kolb has some serious skills. He's not Matt Cassel - he's not a 1 year wonder and has real talent. I also see in him a competitive drive that a lot of QBs lack.

We'd be set with Kevin Kolb at QB. It won't happen. And it's precisely because Reid knows what he can do. My opinion.

I can't argue the fat man has the magic touch with QBs -but Kolb has some serious skills. He's not Matt Cassel - he's not a 1 year wonder and has real talent. I also see in him a competitive drive that a lot of QBs lack.

We'd be set with Kevin Kolb at QB. It won't happen. And it's precisely because Reid knows what he can do. My opinion.

Cool. The operative conclusion that we both come to seems to be that is unlikely we'll see Kolb in a Redskins uniform. There are other teams in the QB hunt that don't have quite as many extra needs to fill-in other words teams to whom the addition of a good QB would be closer to the "last piece of the puzzle", so to speak, and would be more willing to commit financial resources to a QB to the exclusion of other positional needs.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings have agreed to send a 2012 sixth-round pick to the Redskins if Donovan McNabb agrees to restructure his contract.

The Vikings will also include a conditional 2013 sixth-rounder. Minnesota was also looking at Tyler Thigpen and Bruce Gradkowski, which tells you all you need to know about Donovan McNabb's value right now. The decision to abandon those two QBs also suggests a confidence that McNabb will agree to a significant paycut in exchange for a shot at leading what could be an explosive offense.

Sources tell ESPN's Chris Mortensen that free agent Matt Leinart is now weighing signing with the Redskins against the Seahawks.Per Mort, Mike Shanahan had a high grade on Leinart coming out for the 2006 draft. (He took Jay Cutler one pick later.) Leinart would add another uninspiring option to an ugly Washington quarterback depth chart. However, we'd give Leinart a better chance of starting over John Beck than Tarvaris Jackson in Minnesota. Leinart confirmed late Tuesday night that he was still weighing his options. Jul 26, 9:06 PMSource: ESPN.com

I agree Mike. Also, the Vikings are going to make out pretty well in this deal. They have the offensive weapons and an o.k. line. If McNabb restructures, they will get him for a fairly reasonable price.

McNabb will be better in Minnesota this year than he was with us last year.

Don't know much about the tweet world, but I caught this over at the other site:

> RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Sources: #Redskins and Barry Cofield agree to terms, pending though an official signing on Friday.

Don't know much about the tweet world, but I caught this over at the other site:

> RT @JosinaAnderson: Breaking: Sources: #Redskins and Barry Cofield agree to terms, pending though an official signing on Friday.

I just saw that as well. Although we've kinda speculated on him a bit, that still pretty much came out of nowhere. Nice signing if true.

Maybe Shanahan is looking for QBs that Beck can beat out in camp and the preseason. In that case Leinart is perfect.

Nice signing on Cofield as long as he can play Nose.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I love the Cofield signing. Only 27 and will play wherever you want him. I think this makes Fat Al a little more expendable.

I think we may see Al leave D.C.

If McNabb goes to the Vikings there will be at least 9 games where he doesn't kill any worms.

Sorry to have been absent in recent hours. I'll be here for the rest of the over-night and through all of Wednesday.

Nice to see Santana return. That takes away the idea of signing another WR.

Excellent news on Cofield. Fills a great need.

We'll see what happens next.

I forget. Did we like Clausen? He could be available soon.

I've always liked Cofield, great signing if true.

I don't understand why the Skins aren't going after Orton or Kolb. Both are very solid. If the cost is too high, that's one thing - but I'd much rather see us get a 28 year old proven vet as we rebuild for the next 3-4 years, which might allow us to find our 'QB of the future' in the draft without the pressure to 'reach' or gamble. I think we'd be damn smart to get Kyle Orton. One of the most underrated QBs of the last decade IMHO. Glad we kept Santana - he's been a very solid WR for a long time and is still a deep threat. I think we overpaid though.

I agree on Orton, but Kolb? I don't understand why he's been so hyped. I also read that the trade market on him is so low, he'll probably end up back in Philly.

Haven't seen this posted, but the Redskins signed Kevin Gidrey, TE from South Florida according to his twitter feed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.