• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Confirmed Signings

I think we were interested in signing Tatupu before he started asking for pro bowl money. Allen and Shanahan if anything have proven this offseason the Redskins are not going to extend themselves to overpay for a player they view as a 'nice to have' but not a 'must have'.

And that's a good thing.

Fox at 232 doesn't appear to be too great of a fit in the base 3-4.

Special teams captain. Good for depth perhaps but Blades is good on teams and is 27 while Fox is over 30.

The WP article hinting that Fox could be a starter here has me a bit more concerned about that spot on the defense.

Fox didn't see the light of day in the Steelers regular D.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

He won't be 30 until next year. He was special teams captain the last two years.

Is a backup LB for the Steelers any different than being a backup LB for the Redskins the last few years? Oh, I'd say so.

Coach Shanahan and GM Allen continue to build this foundation brick by brick by brick.

It's a good move. :)

I agree completely. Nothing wrong with a solid special teamer, good leader and solid depth. And I can guarantee they didn't pay much for him.

None of that bothered me.

It was his size for the base 3-4 comined with the supposition in the Post article that Fox could be vying for a starting job (?)

Redskins sign Doug Worthington, DT (2nd year guy, former Ohio State standout) who was on Tampa's roster last season.

Redskins sign Doug Worthington, DT (2nd year guy, former Ohio State standout) who was on Tampa's roster last season.

This is where I go...

"Who"?

Last name sounds aristocratic. Then again, so does "Haynesworth". And he missed a second straight day of practice yesterday.

Don't know much about the guy...think he was drafted in the 7th round , by the Steelers (although not 100% positive about that) but was released and picked up by the Bucs for their practice squad.

Interesting pick up....who knows, maybe the guy can play?

From nfl.com

Worthington was a productive three-year starter for the Buckeyes defense. He has excellent size and strength with average athleticism. He is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher but does show an effective bull rush off the edge. He has good natural power to anchor and leverages well with a strong initial punch at the line of scrimmage. He understands angles and how to restrict running lanes but doesn't have great range in pursuit. He plays hard and shows toughness in the trenches, but he needs an expanded pass rush packages to contribute more in this phase of the game. Worthington has limitations but could provide versatility along the defensive line.

That sounds more like a 4th or 5th round description than a 7th. Interesting...

Message for Aussie - and everyone...

Sav Rocca is in camp. Looks like the Visa (and MasterCard) issue was resolved.

Yeah, thanks, I was going to post that his visa problems had been sorted but I had a problem with my laptop that took some time to rectify.

He should have been there for the first practice on Saturday.

id say their D will be decent at best. haynesworth is being his normal self and their secondary isnt scaring anyone really.

I hate Bill Belichick for humiliating Papa Gibbs with the passion of a burning sun, so when I agree with you Mike, it may be because of that more than anything else. :)

But I agree completely. They have needed a pass rush for several seasons now, more than anything else. I have a friend who lives is Mass, who is not a Pats fan, and he says it is funny listening to them hyperventilate about how awesome Fat Al will be in Belichick's system and that he will provide the pass rush they need. Funny though, no mention of his off the field shenannigans, or him rolling around on the ground for half an hour.

Still not seeing a truly great D up there. Funny how everyone blows Belichick, but it's been how long since he had a top 3 D?

Well, let's look:

2010 - 25th
2009 - 11th
2008 - 10th
2007 - 4th
2006 - 6th
2005 - 26th
2004 - 9th
2003 - 7th
2002 - 23rd
2001 - 24th
2000 - 20th

(I stopped at 2000 because I can't remember when he started there)

Comes close to the top 3, and has some pretty impressive rankings there, but also some pretty pedestrian rankings. Again Ryman, my hatred of BB may be clouding my judgment, but I see a very, very good defensive coordinator who lucked into Tom Brady, without whom, BB would be but a footnote in NFL history.

Well, you usually get lucky in the draft when you are in fact drafting well :)

Was it luck that Beathard found Russ Grimm in Round 3? Dexter Manley in Round 5?

After a few years of good drafting you come off the luck argument and just give Pioli and the front office credit.

Belicheat is watching his 3-4 defense get older by the day, and also watching other teams around the league having a firesale on 4-3 personnel as the switch to the 3-4 becomes fashionable. So naturally, he's picking up 4-3 guys on the cheap, and will run more of a 4-3 base this season. They'll still show some 3-4 looks I'm sure, but it will be a base 4-3.

Fat Albert will likely have a decent year, but he's fat and out of shape still, so who knows. I can't wait for him to lie down and take a nap on the field in the middle of a play under Belicheat though, that will be fun. The only thing more fun would be to see his fat butt play under Parcells.

Redskins release HB Blades...very strange move. Probably never going to be a starter on D, but a solid special teamer & solid backup. Guess the signing of Fox spelled the end for Blades. He just signed a one-year extension here which is also weird.

HB has not ben released - yet. A short time ago, he said that it is all but done.

An offer is still on the table for Lofu Tatupu. We'll see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.