• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chase Young

Where's my fucking helmet.

You know you've got someone special when as a rookie, he is able to be that vocal of a leader even to vets. Because he walks the walk.

You know you've got someone special when as a rookie, he is able to be that vocal of a leader even to vets. Because he walks the walk.

Something we have lacked in years past is leadership. We have that in droves now... and it's not just 'old' leadership like London Fletcher. It's Terry McLaurin, Morgan Moses, Jonathan Allen, and now Chase Young. Allen has been an undisputed leader for some time now but he's not the in your face vocal type, same with Terry. When they speak, you listen. Moses is the type of guy people look to in the locker room, and the guy who will pull you aside and pick you up if you struggle. Insert Chase Young. The hype man. The loud guy on the sideline that will push you.... and will bring it EVERY DOWN because winning is the only thing.

It's exciting to see, isn't it? That's why I feel so strongly this is a franchise-turning game. We have GOT to win on Sunday night and show that WE are the team that's going to assert itself in big games going forward.

Have to.

So true. Bruce Allen's comment they were bringing back 35 year old Ryan Clark for leadership, given his comments as an analyst about the team, was a joke from the start.

Allen failed with Donte Whitner and Clark in that regard. Neither player was a real leader and neither could play a lick anymore either.

There is a bunch of buzz from this floating around

A lot of people saying Chase is 'calling out' Tom Brady. I dont see it. I see a guy who is hyped up moments after clinching the division who is excited and looking toward the next week. IT'S HIS JOB TO COME AFTER TOM BRADY!! I feel like this is getting blown out of proportion.

Full disclosure, this is not Chris Bryant's video. He just posted it. He's a HUGE WFT fan and he was doing this because he was excited, not as a criticism of Chase... This just happened to be the first post with the video I came across when scrolling.

Meh. Media will make a big deal out of it ... and if TB12 torches us, it'll make a convenient plotline for lazy writers ... 'you never poke the bear' ... 'careful what you wish for' ... etc.

Go get him, Chase.

I have no problem with it. Rivera responded to it in his comments yesterday. Basically said he’d prefer his players not provide bulletin board material but loves Young’s energy and leadership.

Pretty sure Tom Brady is already sufficiently motivated in this one.

Chase's quote, I think, are a call back to a quote he made at the combine when asked what QB he'd love to sack. He said Tom Brady.

I honestly just think he's excited to be going up against someone considered the GOAT. Chase just loves to get after QB's, the bigger the better I think for him. I loved that they asked him about Sudfield on Sunday and he was just talking about them feasting on him. Kid just wants to get sacks!

Win or lose at the weekend, and whatever the narrative that the media spins around this, I like the way he gets hyped up for these big games.

And I concur with you ST and with Boone, proper leaderships is something we've lacked for a while. We've always had those people who talked the talk... but now we've got the people who actually walk the walk.

Players like Chase, Terry, Alex etc don't spew mantra about being leaders, they just quietly (or not in the case of Chase! LOL) get the job done and lead by example. These are people that the team can't help but follow. They have these intangible qualities that bring out the best in others. I don't think it's coincidence that we've got a winning record with Alex SMith for instance, despite him being severely hobbled. He just lifts this team somehow to a place where it believes it can win. I think Chase does that with the Defense.

Also, to note, I think that pairing Sweat and Chase together on the field brings out the absolute best in both of them. I think they'd be great individually anyway, but they truly do seem to feed off each other. There was a pair of plays on Sunday back to back, wheree Chase made a huge Defensive play and then Sweat the play immediately after. Like a case of 'Anything you can do...'. I love these two together and hope to God we can keep them around for a LONG time.

Most of the time, were a rookie to be as up front and openly trying to be the team leader, the vets would just smack him down, laugh at him, or tune him out. What allows guys like Young, McLaurin, even Gibson to have so much influence on this roster is that they are doing it on the field.

The vocal stuff is great but it’s really what they are doing with the football that counts.

Agreed, we actively saw that with Haskins last year when he was trying to talk to his oline.

That’s the thing with these guys, especially Smith, Young and McLaurin...they’re aren’t ‘trying’ to be leaders, they just ARE leaders by nature. I think the rest of the team senses that.

Tampa is not New England. They have not proven anything yet as a team.

The best way to approach this game is to out-physical Tampa and beat them up. See what THEIR leadership does if things aren't going well for them.

Not many of these 'put together' teams made up of stars or former stars from other franchises win the SB bowl.

This isn't the NBA or NHL.

That's a good point - although I think you have already seen that a fiery QB who knows what he's doing can make a big difference and raise the level of play around him. I think the most heartening thing when you look at the Bucs record is that, when facing above average defenses, they didn't fare very well. I don't think they beat a team with a top defense this year. Their most recent string of wins came against some pretty woeful defenses.

That could bode well for us if we can get some damn offense going and have a really inspired defensive effort.

PFTs vote for DROY

Never forget what that piece of shit Wilbon said about Sean Taylor.

Well, my point is that OT to me is a weak spot for the Bucs and we have seen in the past that even Brady throws the ball away and makes mistakes when he is forced off his rhythm.

If the team sits back and tries to play coverage against Brady, he is going to eat us alive.

That said, guys like Kellerman were talking Tampa up as if they are some unstoppable force and that they are on a great roll.

Well when you look at their last several opponents - Detroit (fired coach), Atlanta twice and Minnesota - that is not exactly murderer's row.

These guys are beatable, it's just a question of whether the fact almost all of Washington's offensive skill players are nursing injuries - Smith, McLaurin, Gibson - is enough to prevent WFT from scoring enough points against anyone.

Last edited:
Defenses that do well against Brady have one thing in common ... they are able to consistently pressure, particularly up the middle, with just their down linemen, and force him to throw off rhythm and off platform. The best examples are the two SB losses to NYG, where the Giants were able to pressure him with just the four DL pretty much all game long.

If we're going to compete, our four down linemen will need to win their individual matchups regularly and get after the man. JDR can supplement with extra pressure here and there, but if we can't get pressure without committing five or more, Brady is going to have his way with us.

It seems like historically when Brady has been rattled and made mistakes, it’s because of inside pressure. He can make pass rushers on the outside look foolish. Not sure we can generate that kind of interior pressure (and this is where we miss Ionnadis). I hope they can scheme up some blitzes and maybe get creative with where they line Young and Sweat up to maybe get that kind of pressure.

• On Fire
Reactions: Om
Get out of my head Om. I literally just posted something very close to that!

• On Fire
Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.