• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Chase Young

Losing to the Giants last year. What a monumental victory that was for this team.

Peliserro takes a survey of 22 'high ranking' members of NFL front offices to see how they would vote for these awards....

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Chase Young, DE, Washington Football Team
The No. 2 overall draft pick, Chase Young leads all rookies with 5.5 sacks and is the only NFL player this season with at least five sacks, three forced fumbles and a defensive touchdown, despite missing two games with a thigh injury and playing at less than 100 percent at times. One executive for an NFC franchise whose team faced Young when he was at full strength said simply: "It's impressive." He received 11 votes to edge out Panthers safety Jeremy Chinn (eight votes), who arrived with significantly less fanfare as a late second-round pick (64th overall) out of Southern Illinois, but has produced in a big way: 100 tackles to lead all rookies, plus a sack, an interception, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries both returned for touchdowns. "You can do so many things with him," another exec said. "He's a hybrid. Run game, he's a force. He can cover tight ends. He's really, really good." Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen, Colts safety Julian Blackmon and Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. received one vote each.

No votes at all for Rivera as coach of the year is surprising.

No votes at all for Rivera as coach of the year is surprising.
Not really.
The National Press has never respected this franchise...even in the Glory Days, they never talked about them unless they absolutely had too.

I'm talking more about a coach who continued coaching while being treated for cancer, has the team in first place in his division, etc... I think it's surprising no one thinks that merits a vote... Obviously not a big deal either way, I just thought he'd get some credit for that from his peers.

I'm talking more about a coach who continued coaching while being treated for cancer, has the team in first place in his division, etc... I think it's surprising no one thinks that merits a vote...
He's linked with Dan Snyder. Drags alot of sports writers in a wrong direction.

Joe Gibbs is a great coach,father..human being. The National Press thought he was boring and had little interest in him or his teams.

Ron should absolutely be in the running. He's done something that is about monumental. Voters are way off base here.

But that's been the way this franchise has always been looked at.

I get that. I think you're overstating it during the Gibbs glory years. We got a huge amount of attention. Maybe not as much as Dallas or the Giants during Parcells years, but we still got a lot of coverage as a perennial winner and Super Bowl participant.

Honestly - we've been a laughing stock of a franchise. Jury is still out on whether that has changed for good. I can't/won't beat on the media too much for treating us like one. Snyder is the debil.

Not really.
The National Press has never respected this franchise...even in the Glory Days, they never talked about them unless they absolutely had too.

This was not a survey of media members, it was a survey of Front Office personnel. People Rivera likely has a relationship with. People that judge people based on their merit, not the colors they wear on Sunday.

Rivera getting no 'votes' in this survey is beyond confusing, especially since I've heard more than one national reporter have Rivera right up there with Brian Flores.

Nothing like having a cheap all-pro on your team for 3-4 years...............before we need to pay him :)

McLaurin will have that type of impact on offense when the team finally gets a franchise passer. If he could amass 1,100 yards with this group of quarterbacks imagine what he could do with Matt Stafford or Dak Prescott throwing him the ball.

NFL coach of the year is most often not the coach that did the best job when considering the talent on hand, but rather a coach that has a fairly talented roster that underperformed the year before and he is able to get them back to the playoffs and improve by 2-3 wins.

That's why a guy like Sean McVay is in the running.

Coaching is not determined strictly by outcomes.

Joe Gibbs said in 1991 that he put in less time and coached less overall that year than he had in any of the past seasons. The team had veteran leaders who held others accountable and the assistants were top notch.

So, did 14-2 mean that Gibbs had coached better than he had before? No, it just meant he had more talent that year and fewer injuries to key players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.