• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020

I like Burrows. The one caveat is that he only had that one year of superlative performance and you wonder if that is an outlier to some degree.

He has first/second round physical talent but top pick or top 3?

Many would not have said so 12 months ago.

Huh? He had a very good year in his first with LSU. He won the SEC Offensive player of the week twice, they finished 10-3 winning the Fiesta Bowl against an undefeated UCF team, and finished with a #6 ranking overall.

That is not one superlative year. It is a very good season, followed by the best season a QB has had in NCAA history.

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your week has been a good one. Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become part of the family. You are our honored guests, so sit back and enjoy.

The 2020 NFL draft is less than three weeks away, but it will be here before you know it. We’re getting closer in this process and we have a few ideas about what the team needs in late April. The process of team building never ends and BBQ is about to take a look at what could happen later this spring.

Today, we bring you the latest mock of the 2020 offseason. The mocks will vary throughout the offseason and we will add/subtract players to/from the list as any relevant information becomes available. The Redskins currently have picks in rounds one, three, four, five, and seven. They also have a compensatory pick in the fourth round and an extra seventh round pick via a trade.

Will BBQ match or surpass the success that it had with the 2019 mocks? It will be difficult and very challenging, but it is a task that we embrace. With that kind of success, we truly believe it helps the members of BGO to focus on the players who are prospects that the Redskins are seeking. It feels good to provide everyone here with the kind of service you expect from BBQ. Ok, it is time to look at the prospects!

We will feature a mock each week and the number of mocks will increase during the week of the draft.

Without any further delays, let’s take our latest look at the 2020 draft with this mock.

Upcoming Dates
- Days until the virus passes: Hopefully, very soon
- Days until the 2020 NFL Draft: 20
- Days until the Redskins season opener: 163

Pre-Draft: Trade
The Redskins trade Trent Williams for a third round selection.

Round One: Chase Young, Edge/DE, Ohio St. – 6’5, 265
Arguably the best overall player in the draft is there for the taking and the Redskins turn in the card. Young is the next great pass rusher in a program that has produced some incredible talent at the edge position in recent years. The impact would be immediate. A quarterback’s nightmare. Excellent run defender. Perfectly tailored for a 4-3 defense.
Other Possible Picks:
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Isaiah Simmons, ILB, Clemson
Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St.
Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Round Two: Possible Prospects
The Redskins lack a second round selection, but here is a list of players who could be targeted if they can acquire a pick in this round.
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
Justin Jefferson, WR, Louisiana St.
Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio St.
Lucas Niang, OT, Texas Christian
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi St.

Round Three: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton – 6’5”, 250
As one of the “darlings” from fans early in the draft process, Adam Trautman is an intriguing prospect. He is not a round one or round two tight end, but his potential is enormously high. Hasn’t been playing position for long (originally a quarterback), but he can fill the Y, H, and F roles effectively and as needed. 4.7 40 speed hurts him, so don’t expect Trautman to play X or Z. Lack of elite competition in college also hurts him, but he should begin to adapt in his first season.
Other Possible Picks:
Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
Jeremy Chinn, FS, Southern Illinois
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

Round Three: Austin Jackson, OT, Southern California – 6’5”, 322
Austin Jackson is a bit raw, but he provides good value here. Good rushing blocker and above average pass blocking skills, but still needs some work. He would benefit by sitting his first year or at least half a season. Jackson has added fifteen pounds of bulk and muscle to his frame in recent months. Has a good, positive attitude that will serve him well at the next level. Some scouts tend to think Jackson would do better as a right tackle.

Round Four: Trade
The Redskins trade down in round four and they gain a fifth rounder and a sixth rounder.

Round Four: Saahdiq Charles, OT, Louisiana St. – 6’4”, 320
Saahdiq Charles has been busy this offseason. He has added twenty pounds of bulk and muscle to his frame. The biggest knock on Charles was his lack of strength, but his offseason regimen has scouts re-assessing that claim now. He is mobile and while some of his techniques need minor adjustments, this Cajun County Bayou Bengal is definitely ready for life at the next level. Could become a starter by mid-season, maybe sooner.
Other Possible Picks:
K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St.
Matthew Peart, OT, Connecticut
Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue
Michael Pittman, WR, Southern Cal
Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
K'Von Wallace, SS/FS, Clemson
Ben Bartch, OT, St. Joh
Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska

Round Four, Comp Pick: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia – 6’4”, 335
Highly underrated guard – the tackle next to him garners more attention (Andrew Thomas), but Kindley is much better than advertised. Superb athleticism in the ground attack and a better than average pass protector, but the latter could use some improvement. A reduction of his weight by ten pounds while maintaining muscle mass could help.

Round Five: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty – 6’4”, 225
The Redskins drafted a small Virginia college prospect last year (Jimmy Moreland, James Madison). Could they draft another small Virginia college prospect in 2020? Look no further than Antonio Gandy-Golden of the Liberty Flames. In a draft where the receiving class is considered to be the deepest in nearly twenty-five years, he is drawing a lot of attention. Good red zone target. Better utilized as an X and Z receiver – AGG can stretch the field and is not an inside option. Slower 40 speed hurts his draft stock, but he is shifty on the outside and deceptively quick.
Other Possible Picks:
Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon
Collin Johnson, WR, Texas
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
Thad Moss, TE, LSU

Round Five: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford – 6’7”, 255
Looking for another sizable tight end? Look no further than Colby Parkinson. He can play the Y, H, and F positions effectively. Fundamentally sound blocker – good mechanics and flexibility, but needs to finish those blocks a bit better. Positions himself well between the defender and the quarterback. Excellent red zone and “jump ball” target. Did not have a dropped pass during the 2019 season. Slow 40 time (4.77) will limit his draft stock. In certain passing schemes, he can line up in the slot and outside for slants and various hook patterns. This versatility will keep him from dropping into the late rounds.

Round Six: Tanner Muse, FS/ILB/Hybrid, Clemson – 6’2”, 230
Somewhat underrated. Muse can cover a lot of ground in the defensive secondary with his 4.4 40 speed, but lacks flexibility to be an impact free safety at the next level. He could move to inside linebacker or play a hybrid role (or both) – two areas where he could do very well. Muse has the ability to shine on special teams and that is where he would need to excel early in his career.
Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida
Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina
Terence Steele, OT, Texas Tech
Joe Reed, WR, Virginia
Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Arkansas
Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin

Round Seven: Myles Dorn, FS/SS, North Carolina – 6’2”, 205
Myles Dorn is a three year starter for the Tar Heels and that could serve him well at the next level. Prototypical size for a free safety, but a bit slender for a box player. He plays well closer to the line, but has varying degrees of success as a deep safety. Good speed, but can take poor angles further away from the line. Would need to make the team as a special teams player. Practice squad candidate.
Other Possible Picks:
James Proche, WR, SMU
Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Reggie Floyd, FS, Virginia Tech
Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina St.
Devin Asiasi, TE, UCLA
Patrick Taylor, RB, Memphis

Round Seven: Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina St. – 6’81/2”, 308
Alex Taylor is a project that is worth a flyer in the seventh round. Has very good upside. Needs to add twenty-five pounds of muscle (or more) to his frame. He could be a candidate for the practice squad over the first couple of years and slowly work his way to a roster spot. He will need to work on all aspects of the tackle position.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects
This list will continue to evolve and change in the coming weeks as the Redskins meet with many players who will not be drafted.

Gage Cervenka, OG, Clemson
Rico Dowdle, RB, South Carolina
Mohamed Barry, ILB, Nebraska
Jeremiah Dinson, FS, Auburn
Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan
Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan St.
John Penisini, DT, Utah
Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana-Lafayette
John Hightower, WR, Boise St.
Riley Neal, QB, Vanderbilt
Cameron Clark, OT, North Carolina-Charlotte
Keith Washington, CB, West Virginia
Charlie Taumoepeau, TE, Portland St.
Kelly Bryant, QB, Missouri
Jordan Glasgow, ILB/SS, Michigan
Jabril Cox, ILB, North Dakota St.

Additional Notes
The fourth round comp pick comes from the deal that sent Jamison Crowder to the Jets. All other possible comp picks have been canceled out.

Mocks in early April look much different than mocks in late April. Free agency could continue to change some of the targets that we see in current mocks. For now, we can only speculate based on current team needs and pertinent information.

There is your latest mock of the 2020 offseason. We will have another mock next Friday. The mocks will continue to be posted this spring, then the volume of mocks will increase during the week of the draft.

Man, if we could pull off both of those tackles at that point in the draft...

I just don't like the idea of trading down out of the middle rounds.

Those #3 and #4 picks to me are gold because there are still recognizable talents on the board who come on cheap rookie deals and have a good chance of contributing.

Once you get into the late 5th, 6th and 7th rounds its a real crapshoot and the percentages of finding a guy that is more than a backup, special teamer or practice squader is low.

Remember last year when the Redskins traded their third round comp pick for two fourth rounders? They chose Bryce Love and Wes Martin in the fourth round - and the team did not have originally have a fourth round pick last year. Late in round five, they found another gem in Cole Holcomb (I had him rated as a fourth rounder last year.

Trading down does work and I think Kyle Smith has earned the benefit of anyone's doubt.

New mock coming on Monday as we go to two a week now.

Speaking of trades. The mocks will be showing a trade for the early third rounder. I think that is a sweet spot for the Skins and it could net them a pair of fourth rounders, a fifth, and a sixth as well.

Reactions: Ax
The damage Kyle could do with three 1st’s is damn tempting. Chase Young would be badass as well, but not even a comparison to if Miami gets an itching for Tua.

That 6’7” Stanford TE would be intriguing as well. Put him on the Laron workout plan and we got ourselves a Gronk. Hope they keep acquiring these Nephalem sized players in droves all the same.

Outside of the Herschel Walker deal, trades of a single player or pick for multiple assets rarely seems to work out.

‘A‘ level players are hard to find let alone generational ones.

If the Redskins do trade down from #2, at minimum they need to get two #1 picks where they hit on both in a big way for the deal to likely even out.

The only way I would want them to trade down would be for all 3 of Miami’s 1’s at minimum. Probably won’t happen anyway but ‘if’ they offered up those picks we could land starters at LT, CB, & WR in the first round alone. Using one of them to parlay into multiple 2nds would be even better. That approach outweighs one pass rusher to me anyways.

In the end I don’t think Miami wants to give up that much to get 3 spots higher. Young will 99.99% be a redskin on draft day, & I’m okay with that now that we have JDR. If we still had Manusky tho...

Outside of the Herschel Walker deal, trades of a single player or pick for multiple assets rarely seems to work out.
Can you provide data?

Here's some data that suggests otherwise.

2018 Colts - Colts took Notre Dame Guard Quenton Nelson, who was a first-team All-Pro as a rookie...that alone was worth the trade down. Colts then took West Virginia OL Braden Smith, who is now their starting right tackle. Rock Ya-sin, Kemeko Turay...both starters, and a 3rd string RB.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, these Colts have yet to really prove long term success to give the Jets Sam Darnold.

2017 49ers trade down one spot for 4 draft picks - 1sr round, Solomon Thomas. A few trades later they pickup Dante Pettis in 2018, along LB Fred Warner. That's 3 starters on their Super Bowl team all to trade one spot so Chicago could get Mitchel Tubisky.

2016 -Titans Traded down got Jack Conklin, Derrick Henry, Austin Johnson, and a 3rd rounder they traded with the Browns and I cannot find what the compensation was. So there's 3 key players for theTitans run to the AFC Championship, not to mention likely 2 comp picks since Conklin and Johnson left in FA.

To build on Elephant's bullet points a bit...

Having been in contact with a few insiders, this is what I have learned...

In order to trade up for a (perceived) future franchise quarterback, it is understood that a team will need to trade a hefty amount of draft capital - several picks this year, a few in 2021, and one or two picks in 2022.

In addition to that school of thought, the Redskins will also be passing on the opportunity to draft a "generational" player (Chase Young). This will require that same trading partner to cough up more picks.

Overall, if a team wants to make this trade, they will need to surrender nearly all of their 2020 draft picks, many of their 2021 draft choices, and at least three or four of their picks in 2022.

In other words, if a team wants to move into the second overall position, they need to be very generous.

Last edited:
Was thinking today that the Patriots may be willing to give up a ton of picks now that Tom’s gone and a shot for Tua. They pick so damn late in every round anyways it may not be worth it. Now players added in may be worth it, they always have good younger guys that may work in our benefit.

BB...unoriginal on my part...but I do agree with your logic that the Skins are waiting to make the bulk of their offense roster moves through the draft. You have covered most of the needs - i.e., restocked faster than many expect. Assuming there is a season, we're gonna learn just how good Kyle really is. Among other things, his ability to find talent on offense MAY make or break Haskins.

I think the Redskins need to be, and will be, of a flexible mindset when it comes to trade-up offers. Those that scream and get hysterical at the suggestion the Redskins should consider trading down if they get a great offer are missing two things.

First of all, there is no such thing as a guaranteed 'generational player'. Are there players who, based on everything we know, look like 'can't miss' stars because their talent level is so clearly superior to other players? Yes. But there are no guarantees. There have been as many instances of supposedly 'generational talents' proving not to be elite at the NFL level as there have been guys who truly lived up to their billing. Health can also be a major factor. Redskins fans, should know, how quickly a major injury can alter the ceiling of a player in an instant. Chase Young looks to be an absolutely amazing player. But there is no guarantee his college performance and talents translates to dominance in the NFL.

Secondly - if you look at the history of these types of 'generational talents' - no matter how great an individual player, their addition to an NFL team doesn't catapult an NFL team to sustained success. I'm certainly not arguing that it's not great to have an elite talent at any and all positions when you are able to add one. However, I'm not sure it is as impactful as adding 3 or 4 very good players to your roster. The other factor to keep in mind is that a 'generational player' like a Chase Young is going to cost you huge salary dollars when it comes time to sign 2nd and 3rd contracts. That's why these guys often don't stick with one team, because (if they prove to live up to the hype) they are always going to demand outrageous salaries that make it harder to assemble great talent around them. For a QB, there may be no escaping this eventuality. But I think drafting a 'generational player', who may ask for and get the top NFL $$ at his position down the road, can be problematic.

All of the above is the reason why any team should always consider a trade-up offer, unless they have a 'must have' QB in their sites. If we get an offer of, say three 1st round picks, or two 1sts and two 2nds, you take that all day every day. Chase Young is not going to catapult our team to perennial playoff appearances or a championship. But a draft haul like that could go a long way towards achieving those goals.

All of the above is the reason why any team should always consider a trade-up offer, unless they have a 'must have' QB in their sites. If we get an offer of, say three 1st round picks, or two 1sts and two 2nds, you take that all day every day. Chase Young is not going to catapult our team to perennial playoff appearances or a championship. But a draft haul like that could go a long way towards achieving those goals.

Agree with your logic. Only caveat is that gaining team actually has to use the picks wisely/productively. As NO demonstrated with Bailey pick trade.....a booty call of picks doesn't guarantee success either. I'd prefer to draft Chase more than anything because I enjoy watching dominant defense. However, I "feel" the force of your argument given that the Skins most pronounced problem is overall talent level.

Guess we'll find out in three weeks!!

I agree Al. Whether or not we stick with the sure bet (or as close to a sure bet as possible) or opt to take a slew of picks, if you don't pick the right guys, it's all for naught. I have no problem with them sticking with Chase Young (or whoever they target at #2). Truth is, these massive deals don't happen very often and I think it's more likely than not that we just don't get the kind of 'offer you can't refuse' necessary to give up that #2 spot.

I think this is probably the most likely scenario based on the Chargers possibly being willing to do just about any deal to leap frog the Dolphins and nab Tua...

Are the Chargers Desperate Enough to Make a Redskins Move?

The Redskins hold the No. 2 overall selection in the NFL Draft and there could be plenty of suitors for the pick. JP Finlay works through hypothetical draft day trades.

As some buzz grows that Washington might look to trade down from the second overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, one team that could be interested in moving up would be the Los Angeles Chargers.

Yes, Los Angeles, not San Diego, and that’s a big part of why this could actually happen. Once the Chargers left Ron Burgundy’s hometown to move up to Hollywood, they lost a ton of fans, and soon they will be playing football in a new stadium. A rookie quarterback with a national name could help sell a lot of tickets and convert new fans to the Lightning Bolts.

That quarterback’s name? Tua Tagovailoa.

The Bengals will take the draft’s biggest star in Joe Burrow with the first overall pick, and after Burrow, no player will command more attention than the former Alabama record-breaker. Injury questions will trail Tua throughout the pre-draft process, and the lack of official visits and workouts could hinder his ability to make an impact of NFL decision makers. Still, Tagovailoa is an elite prospect decorated with an incredible career for the Crimson Tide that, if healthy, could transform an NFL team immediately.

So how could a trade between the Redskins and Chargers happen? Let's take a look... (click link for rest of article)

BurnersBurning.php.png

Burner’s Burning Questions: Free Agency, Mocks, Camps, OTAs, Roster Predictions, 2020​

Greetings from BBQ to everyone here at BGO. We hope your week is a good one. Hello to everyone on social media. We’d love to have you as a member here and become part of the family. You are our honored guests, so sit back and enjoy.

The 2020 NFL draft is two and a half weeks away, but it will be here before you know it. We’re getting closer in this process and we have a few ideas about what the team needs later this month. The process of team building never ends and BBQ is about to take a look at what could happen in the coming days.

Today, we bring you the latest mock of the 2020 offseason. The mocks will vary throughout the offseason and we will add/subtract players to/from the list as any relevant information becomes available. The Redskins currently have picks in rounds one, three, four, five, and seven. They also have a compensatory pick in the fourth round and an extra seventh round pick via a trade.

Will BBQ match or surpass the success that it had with the 2019 mocks? It will be difficult and very challenging, but it is a task that we embrace. With that kind of success, we truly believe it helps the members of BGO to focus on the players who are prospects that the Redskins are seeking. It feels good to provide everyone here with the kind of service you expect from BBQ. Ok, it is time to look at the prospects!

We will now feature two mocks this week/next week and the number of mocks will increase during the week of the draft.

Without any further delays, let’s take our latest look at the 2020 draft with this mock.

Upcoming Dates
- Days until the virus passes: Hopefully, very soon
- Days until the 2020 NFL Draft: 17
- Days until the Redskins season opener: 160

Pre-Draft: Trade
The Redskins trade Trent Williams for a third round selection.

Round One: Chase Young, Edge/DE, Ohio St. – 6’5, 265
Arguably the best overall player in the draft is there for the taking and the Redskins turn in the (virtual) card. Young is the next great pass rusher in a program that has produced some incredible talent at the edge position in recent years. The impact would be immediate. A quarterback’s nightmare. Excellent run defender. Perfectly tailored for a 4-3 defense.
Other Possible Picks:
Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
Isaiah Simmons, ILB, Clemson
Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St.
Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Round Two: Possible Prospects
The Redskins lack a second round selection, but here is a list of players who could be targeted if they can acquire a pick in this round.
Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
Justin Jefferson, WR, Louisiana St.
Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio St.
Lucas Niang, OT, Texas Christian
Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi St.

Round Three: Trade
The Redskins trade down a number of positions in round three and they obtain a fourth rounder, a fifth rounder, and a sixth rounder.

Round Three: Austin Jackson, OT, Southern California – 6’5”, 322
Austin Jackson is a bit raw, but he provides good value here. Good rushing blocker and above average pass blocking skills, but still needs some work. He would benefit by sitting his first year or at least half a season. Jackson has added fifteen pounds of bulk and muscle to his frame in recent months. Has a good, positive attitude that will serve him well at the next level. Some scouts tend to think Jackson would do better as a right tackle.
Other Possible Picks:
Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
Jeremy Chinn, FS, Southern Illinois
Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton
Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

Round Three: Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue – 6’5”, 245
This would be a bit early for Hopkins, but he is an excellent receiver and can run any route you assign to him. Taking him at this juncture is not an extreme reach. Decent hands, but does need to secure the ball quickly after a catch. Needs to add about ten pounds of muscle to his frame. Decent blocker on sweeps, screens and downfield passes, but not in short yardage situations. Upside is very good.

Round Four: Saahdiq Charles, OT, Louisiana St. – 6’4”, 320
Saahdiq Charles has been busy this offseason. He has added twenty pounds of bulk and muscle to his frame. The biggest knock on Charles was his lack of strength, but his offseason regimen has scouts re-assessing that claim now. He is mobile and while some of his techniques need minor adjustments, this Cajun County Bayou Bengal is definitely ready for life at the next level. Could become a starter by mid-season, maybe sooner.
Other Possible Picks:
K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio St.
Matthew Peart, OT, Connecticut
Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame
K'Von Wallace, SS/FS, Clemson
Ben Bartch, OT, St. John
Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska

Round Four: Michael Pittman, WR, Southern Cal – 6’4”, 220
The son of former NFL running back by the same name, Pittman is a physically strong receiver and imposes his will on defensive backs from the X position. Superb blocker at all levels. Not the fastest receiver, but tends to win contested passes and his size makes for the perfect “jump ball” situations. Solid red zone target. Ability to shine on special teams duties.

Round Four, Comp Pick: Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia – 6’4”, 335
Highly underrated guard – the tackle next to him garners more attention (Andrew Thomas), but Kindley is much better than advertised. Superb athleticism in the ground attack and a better than average pass protector, but the latter could use some improvement. A reduction of his weight by ten pounds while maintaining muscle mass could help.

Round Five: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty – 6’4”, 225
The Redskins drafted a small Virginia college prospect last year (Jimmy Moreland, James Madison). Could they draft another small Virginia college prospect in 2020? Look no further than Antonio Gandy-Golden of the Liberty Flames. In a draft where the receiving class is considered to be the deepest in nearly twenty-five years, he is drawing a lot of attention. Good red zone target. Better utilized as an X and Z receiver – AGG can stretch the field and is not an inside option. Slower 40 speed hurts his draft stock, but he is shifty on the outside and deceptively quick.
Other Possible Picks:
Jacob Breeland, TE, Oregon
Collin Johnson, WR, Texas
Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
Thad Moss, TE, LSU

Round Five: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford – 6’7”, 255
Looking for another sizable tight end? Look no further than Colby Parkinson. He can play the Y, H, and F positions effectively. Fundamentally sound blocker – good mechanics and flexibility, but needs to finish those blocks a bit better. Positions himself well between the defender and the quarterback. Excellent red zone and “jump ball” target. Did not have a dropped pass during the 2019 season. Slow 40 time (4.77) will limit his draft stock. In certain passing schemes, he can line up in the slot and outside for slants and various hook patterns. This versatility will keep him from dropping into the late rounds.

Round Six: Tanner Muse, FS/ILB/Hybrid, Clemson – 6’2”, 230
Somewhat underrated. Muse can cover a lot of ground in the defensive secondary with his 4.4 40 speed, but lacks flexibility to be an impact free safety at the next level. He could move to inside linebacker or play a hybrid role (or both) – two areas where he could do very well. Muse has the ability to shine on special teams and that is where he would need to excel early in his career.
Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida
Charlie Heck, OT, North Carolina
Terence Steele, OT, Texas Tech
Joe Reed, WR, Virginia
Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Arkansas
Cole Van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin

Round Seven: Myles Dorn, FS/SS, North Carolina – 6’2”, 205
Myles Dorn is a three year starter for the Tar Heels and that could serve him well at the next level. Prototypical size for a free safety, but a bit slender for a box player. He plays well closer to the line, but has varying degrees of success as a deep safety. Good speed, but can take poor angles further away from the line. Would need to make the team as a special teams player. Practice squad candidate.
Other Possible Picks:
James Proche, WR, SMU
Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt
Trey Adams, OT, Washington
Reggie Floyd, FS, Virginia Tech
Devin Asiasi, TE, UCLA
Tyre Phillips, OT/OG, Mississippi St.

Round Seven: Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina St. – 6’81/2”, 308
Alex Taylor is a project that is worth a flyer in the seventh round. Has very good upside. Needs to add twenty-five pounds of muscle (or more) to his frame. He could be a candidate for the practice squad over the first couple of years and slowly work his way to a roster spot. He will need to work on all aspects of the tackle position.

Undrafted Free Agent Prospects
This list will continue to evolve and change in the coming weeks as the Redskins meet with many players who will not be drafted.

Gage Cervenka, OG, Clemson
Rico Dowdle, RB, South Carolina
Mohamed Barry, ILB, Nebraska
Jeremiah Dinson, FS, Auburn
Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan
Naquan Jones, DT, Michigan St.
John Penisini, DT, Utah
Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana-Lafayette
John Hightower, WR, Boise St.
Riley Neal, QB, Vanderbilt
Cameron Clark, OT, North Carolina-Charlotte
Keith Washington, CB, West Virginia
Charlie Taumoepeau, TE, Portland St.
Kelly Bryant, QB, Missouri
Jordan Glasgow, ILB/SS, Michigan
Jabril Cox, ILB, North Dakota St.

Additional Notes
The fourth round comp pick comes from the deal that sent Jamison Crowder to the Jets. All other possible comp picks have been canceled out.

Free agency could continue to change some of the targets that we see in current mocks. For now, we can only speculate based on current team needs and pertinent information.

There is your latest mock of the 2020 offseason. We will have another mock this Friday. The volume of mocks will increase during the week of the draft.

I would be vehemently opposed to trading TW for a mere 3rd round pick. Two 3's or a 3rd/4th/5th combo - yes. But not for a 3rd rounder alone. We are far better off making him play out the season than accepting that kind of lowball offer. Just my opinion.

I'd also be mildly opposed to trading down from round 3 in the scenario you give. I know that there are finds to be made in later rounds, but I believe the likelihood of finding starters drops way off as rounds proceed. Unless we're crazy about a guy that we are all but certain we can get in a lower round, stay put.

This is one of your more interesting mocks BB - having us draft TWO WRs, TWO TEs, and TWO Safeties (although I know you project one of those guys to possibly be used as an ILB). I think we have far too many needs to go this route. That kind of strategy, for me anyway, would reflect a lack of confidence in your grades as it (for me anyway) feels like a 'lets hope one of these guys works out' mindset?

Sorry for all of the pushback on this one. Just some driveby feelings... As always, hard work is appreciated!

When I looked at Tanner Muse this winter, I saw a very unique athlete. However, his skills fall short of what an NFL free safety can do. I tend to agree with a lot of the scouting reports on him. Muse could try to make it as a FS, but I highly doubt it. In the sixth round, Muse would provide good value.

Dorn has long term potential, but the only way he makes the roster now is special teams. He is definitely a practice squad candidate.

Reactions: Ax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.