• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Bruce, Scot and the Front Office.

That makes zero sense Mike. Either he was a powerful GM and now there's been a power struggle or he was never the real GM in which case there would be no need for all this with Allen firmly in charge. There's more going on here than the D.C. Sports reporting establishment knows. Has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appears we were lied to.

Scot was supposed to be the GM, but wasn't. He was just our top scout.

Brian Hoyer signs with SF. Looks like Bruce won.

It’s a 2-year deal for #49ers and QB Brian Hoyer. Fair to say, this makes it unlikely they bring in Kirk Cousins in a trade with #Redskins

--Ian Rapoport

It’s a 2-year deal for #49ers and QB Brian Hoyer. Fair to say, this makes it unlikely they bring in Kirk Cousins in a trade with #Redskins

--Ian Rapoport

They will just wait a year and get him for zero compensation to the Redskins.

So....the evidence seems to indicate that Dan and Bruce are now in charge of our FA and draft this season.

In other news, #firebruceallen is beginning to trend on twitter.

Appears we were lied to.

Hey Bruce, you ****ing suck.

Here, at the 1:40 mark, in your own words!

It is not really known what has led to McCloughan’s downfall. He lost his previous positions with the 49ers and Seahawks due to personal issues but there have been no reports that his is the case at this point in time.

--Tandler

--Ian Rapoport

After his previous rumor, I don't take his assessment portions as seriously. I am also seeing people say Shanahan sees Hoyer as a backup. Who knows at this point, there's so much crap flying around it's like we're in a port-a-potty rolling down the mountain.

Why all the drama in Ashburn? I am getting tired of the circus act. After being a loyal fan over 45 years I am about at the end of my rope. Can't take much more.

On 980 this morning they said the Kirk to San Fran rumors were a whole lot of nothing. Who knows?

It is not really known what has led to McCloughan’s downfall. He lost his previous positions with the 49ers and Seahawks due to personal issues but there have been no reports that his is the case at this point in time.

If McLovin is leaving town, it better not be simply the result of a power struggle. I could understand asking him to step down, or him just stepping down himself, to deal with personal issues. However, if we are running one of the more talented player evaluators out of town because he doesn't get along with a dude whose last name happens to be Allen, this team is doomed pretty much forever.

There's too much smoke to believe all of this is nothing. I still hope it is. Maybe a leave of absence for Scott to get his life back together. If, this is about personalities, that would be awful. If it's about differing philosophies... they hired the guy and the least they could do is give him a chance to fulfill his vision before they make up their minds.

After his previous rumor, I don't take his assessment portions as seriously. I am also seeing people say Shanahan sees Hoyer as a backup. Who knows at this point, there's so much crap flying around it's like we're in a port-a-potty rolling down the mountain.

This article {link: Brian Hoyer agrees in principle to 2-year 49ers deal - NFL.com} sayz they've agreed in principal with Hoyer. Well, now they have 1 QB on the roster so obviously they'll get another in some manner.
It also sayz that the 9er's are expected to sign Garcon. Mayhaps so, mayhaps not. Just relaying what it said.

Oh, I completely believe they are going to sign Hoyer. Just not for the starting position.

I also agree that Hoyer is probably penciled in as a backup and not a franchise guy in any case. He's their only QB so they'll have to do something with an FA and/or draft pick. But if that doesn't get them a starter maybe the 9er's are OK with him to start for the short term. Possibly he starts this year and they make the run at Kirk next year.

Appears we were lied to.

So then, Allen is the guy who hired your boy originally, and has now won a power struggle and given him an extension.
Allen gets all the credit for the successful 2015 draft class. Along with a good 2014 draft class. If Doctson and Cravens pan out, that'll be 3 straight good, to very good drafts.
We have oodles of cap space. With no debilitating contracts on the books. Unless we overpay #8.
And we play the 3rd place schedule this season.

We should be ecstatic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ax, it just depends on if you trust Dan and Bruce to run FA and the draft.

Then there's the longer term question of what decent talent would ever want to be our GM again?

And why does Tony Wyllie still have a job? Does anyone think that we have a good PR department?

And who's going to believe a single word that Bruce ever says again? They're going to destroy him on his lies at the next press conference.

Give me a freaking break. He's a drunk, not a recovering alcoholic. This was always a possibility. If it was a power struggle, his camp would have been making tons of noise for damage control. Don't by into the shills pedaling power struggle nonsense. I don't buy it for one minute. That crap would have played out long before the combine and draft day. This is nothing more then a guy who continues to succumb to his addiction. Now spin will start, but I won't buy a damn bit of it from his camp. Addicts don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: I'm not even sure the team could legally comment on his addiction status, so their hands may be fairly well tied. If he doesn't mention it in a public format, they may not be able to comment.

Last edited:
Well John Keim is a pretty reliable source. Has he ever been wrong before?

If he says that Bruce was always the GM, I think that's pretty solid.

If the above is true, then we were sold on a GM with full control, but Bruce's ego got in the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.