• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Birth of a Beer...

The haul:

uploadfromtaptalk1392774050360.jpg

The other beer, Clown Lounge, is a limited release also, but from Karbach. They're only in Texas. It's their double IPA, Rodeo Clown, agreed in Maker's Mark barrels. Yummmmmmm!!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

The Brooklyn Black Ops was amazing. The only other Russian Imperial Stout I've had to compare it to is Old Rasputin. This was incredible... Don't think bottle number two is gonna age very long. :)

cracked open the stout to see if it'll be ready for tomorrow night.

holy crap i think i made a really good beer...

Isn't it a great feeling? Did you do your own recipe or a kit? I've never made a bad stout. I have an Imperial Stout that'll be ready next fall, bottled it a couple weeks ago and it tasted amazing even then. Going to be an epic one. I think I'm going to bring it to the next BGO tailgate if I can stay disciplined enough...

It is a great feeling. It was my own recipe, first time not using someone else's, so that makes it feel awesome!

My wife asks why I do it - it's a lot of work. But it's rewarding when you first try a new batch :)

I've only got to the part where you first start talking about beer, I had to run out last night, but that's easily one of the better written passages I've read in a long time. :cheers:

Thanks - I have a personal blog over there. I mostly do it just because I like to write and I figure it allows me to share things surreptitiously with my kids.

Yeah man, you mods here all have the gift of eloquence, that's for sure. Great blog, you could probably publish that as a short story or magazine piece with a little work!!

Thanks - I have a personal blog over there. I mostly do it just because I like to write and I figure it allows me to share things surreptitiously with my kids.

I got to finish it. Very good read :)

You and I share in that desire to create something from nothing - and in enjoying the process more than the result. I'm just clearly not nearly as motivated by it as you (I'm at heart really lazy, have you seen how much time I spend on here during the work day?!) but that may change as I get older... I really have a new appreciation for hobbies after diving head first into brewing. I think I'll gain motivation as I grow older and appreciate the those finer aspects of life - as opposed to partying and traveling and such :)

My next one will probably be a salt water reef tank. All to enjoy creating something so cool in my basement :)

Yeah, fish tanks are awesome - if I didn't have a lot of varied interests I think is be miserable or feel a lot older than i do. Go tshile!

When we get a house, my first action will be to pick up a home-brewing starter kit from Northern. My second act will be to build my own pit-smoker in the backyard... I can't wait for that!!

Wish you could try making your own bourbon without getting locked up. This beer making sounds fun and challenging.

When we get a house, my first action will be to pick up a home-brewing starter kit from Northern. My second act will be to build my own pit-smoker in the backyard... I can't wait for that!!

Here's a free book on almost everything brewing related - How to Brew - By John Palmer - Introduction

It works for those just trying to get straight into it with basic extract kits (that's how I started), all the way down to understanding and altering water chemistry, and everything in between. It's a good starting point :)

hopefully you dont have any repairs to make on that house...I'm still working on mine!

We plan on doing a partial or full reno, but hiring a contractor to do most of it. I can do some of it, but I don't have the time. The plan would be to move in when it was done!

Wish you could try making your own bourbon without getting locked up. This beer making sounds fun and challenging.

Shhhhhhhh... nothing to see here.... Lol

Since my territory was expanded into West VA two years ago, I have been offered, uh, several homemade varieties of various alcoholic beverages.

You can do it.

You just don't want to get caught ;)

I know people that make other liquors :)

Mike, what's a good SD brewery? We have a couple places that carry west coast micros and I want to broaden my horizons in beer drinking

My favorite from the West Coast is from Oregon, Deschutes Inversion IPA. Delicious!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.