• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Beck is the Starter

Goaldeje

The Legend
Reaction score
Alma Mater
James Madison
Per Adam Schefter:

AdamSchefterAdam Schefter
Washington's John Beck will start at quarterback Sunday versus Carolina.

Best luck to him. Here's to hoping he makes a bunch of Dolphin FO folk look really stupid :cheers:

As he should be.

He may not be the answer. But Grossman certainly isn't.

Hey, look at it this way - if he throws 3 or less interceptions its an improvement!

FML.

Now, this is where bulldog had a great point... We need to have another guy ready for next season... But who? His suggestion was Orton. I'll tell you why I'm against Orton, the draft pick it would have taken to sign him. If he was a free agent, I'd be more for it.

So what others vets are available that we could pick up to learn the offense in the case that Beck flounders? Or in the case we go with three QBs next year?

Grossman is as good as gone I believe... That leaves us with John Beck only next year. Whether we draft a guy or sign a free agent, we're going to need someone to start. Beck may come in and light it up (doubtful), but in that scenario, if he gets hurt the only other option is the rookie/FA.

So do we sign a vet to a two year deal to learn the system and perhaps be our starter until our rookie is ready (if he needs to be groomed)?

I'd say David Garrard could be that guy. Not our QB, for sure, but a guy to be a placeholder in case Beck fails...

It's just a shame for him we have the injuries on the O line right now. He's not going to get the help from the running game like Rex was getting or the pass protection. Hopefully he can manage .500 ball till T Williams returns and we might have an outside chance at the playoffs.

I'd say David Garrard could be that guy. Not our QB, for sure, but a guy to be a placeholder in case Beck fails...

I suggested this when he was cut, and was lambasted for it. The only problem I see is that Garrard only wants to play where he can start, and for a contender. All those years in ****ty Jacksonville left a sour taste in his mouth I suppose.

It's just a shame for him we have the injuries on the O line right now. He's not going to get the help from the running game like Rex was getting or the pass protection. Hopefully he can manage .500 ball till T Williams returns and we might have an outside chance at the playoffs.

Man, I really admire people who can still think playoffs...my mindset now unfortunately is "no way, no how."

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?

I suggested this when he was cut, and was lambasted for it. The only problem I see is that Garrard only wants to play where he can start, and for a contender. All those years in ****ty Jacksonville left a sour taste in his mouth I suppose.

Well, I wouldn't have signed him in the offseason... But we've seen Grossman now, and he's not what we wanted. So even if Beck pans out, we have one QB under contract. We may want another that knows the system. But like you said, he may not want to come here. Although I'd rather be on a football team than not on one. :)

Beck should be more effective than Grossman, merely by using his athleticism to avoid sacks and using better judgment in throwing balls away instead of risking picks.

One thing that really didn't set well with me was when Grossman admitted he came to camp a bit out of shape and was carrying some extra weight.

For a guy supposedly hungry for an opportunity you would have thought Grossman would have come in here ready to play and in the best shape of his career.

Instead, it was Beck that put in the work.

So maybe there is some justice here after all.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Well, I wouldn't have signed him in the offseason... But we've seen Grossman now, and he's not what we wanted. So even if Beck pans out, we have one QB under contract. We may want another that knows the system. But like you said, he may not want to come here. Although I'd rather be on a football team than not on one. :)

Heh, I think there's a 150% chance Garrard finds a new team this offseason - the only reason he doesn't have one is because the Jags effed him by cutting him so late. I'm surprised the Raiders didn't even bring him in for a workout, instead opting for giving up as many as 2 first round picks for a guy with huge injury concerns...

One thing that really didn't set well with me was when Grossman admitted he came to camp a bit out of shape and was carrying some extra weight.

LOL, he needed a manziere! Terrible.

Lanky....the Raiders contacted him, but he said he needed back surgery. I believe he is having it done today.

David Garrard is no savior. He really hashad only one outstanding year in the NFL and that was awhile ago.

At 31 I don't see him leading anyone deep into the playoffs.

He's another guy like McNabb that early in his career was successful using his mobility in and out of the pocket to make plays on the edge.

Now with the older legs and all thos injuries he hasn't looked like the same player.

He won't be a guy like Kurt Warner or John Elway that leads a team to a Super Bowl late in his 30's.

My guess is he lands on a team where he has to compete for a starting job.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Like I said, we're not going anywhere with either Beck or Grossman or anyone we can pick up off the trash heap at this point. The sooner we start to realize this, the better.

Keep the powder dry for the off season

With this level of talent at the position we might as well see if Colt is in shape. :eek:ls:

I'm not sure who said Garrard was a savior :)

As he should be.

He may not be the answer. But Grossman certainly isn't.

Exactly. Let's see what Beck is because Grossman is what he is. And he's had ample time to prove his critics wrong.

Honestly, my friend had this theory and I agree: Grossman is just too short. He can't see over the line and whether or not a guy is covered. He's going all on feel.

Time to see if Beck is an upgrade. Maybe, maybe not.

If Grossman is too short so is Drew Brees. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.