• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Beck is the Starter

The way some of you talk, you'd think we were 0-5 or something. We've really only had 1 bad game guys (we blew the Dallas game, but we didn't play poorly overall). The offense is sub-par, but as has been discussed to death, if we can average 24 points a game or so, we'll win some games.

We're going into the 'meat' of our schedule, with no gimme games (this weekends is probably one of our easiest), but we are at least a .500 team imho. So with some luck and possibly (gasp!) good performances, a playoff spot and even the division is not out of the question.

The way some of you talk, you'd think we were 0-5 or something. We've really only had 1 bad game guys (we blew the Dallas game, but we didn't play poorly overall). The offense is sub-par, but as has been discussed to death, if we can average 24 points a game or so, we'll win some games.

We're going into the 'meat' of our schedule, with no gimme games (this weekends is probably one of our easiest), but we are at least a .500 team imho. So with some luck and possibly (gasp!) good performances, a playoff spot and even the division is not out of the question.

I tried doing a funny graphic. It didn't work?

I liked your squirrel - it worked for me :)

I'll have some thoughts on the QB situation later today. I have a rare day off from rehab and will try to make some notes and post a few ideas. Early preview - the QB position is not as dire as it may seem for the Redskins (present and future).

Ah, I like the squirrel too. Need some humor now and then. :drummer:

I have a lot of hope, for some strange, inexplicable reason.

Perfect definition of a loyal Redskins fan.

(Charlie Brown regularly felt that way about Lucy, too, right before she pulled the football away.)

The Redskins offense is not going to be a powerhouse in any event, there really aren't any playmakers that threaten a defense with the Big Play.

But the hope is that Beck after waiting four years, will be a bit more judicious with the football and limit the egregious mistakes that continue to plague Grossman whatever team he is on.

Not turning the ball over and allowing guys on defense like Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher and Hall to give the team a short field could add up to a few more wins by the end of the season.

Let's look at the past two games that were lost and admit with the defense only giving up 18 and 20 points the Redskins should have been able to pull at least one of them out.

The fact Grossman couldn't play a clean game in either contest with fumbles and interceptions helped seal the 'L'.

How did Allen and Gibbs win here?

Different styles, different men but the same Rule #1 - take care of the football and let the other guy make the critical mistake.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Interestingly, the Panthers are favored in this game but by less than the 3 points that is customarily given for home field advantage. I did notice however, that the Panthers are heavily favored by people (read: football fans) in the pick 'em leagues.

Good performances will definitely be needed to get to the playoffs. I think this weekend's game will be important in that regard. This is the type of game Redskins teams of the past would lose when they shouldn't and then the season would slowly drain away. If they can win this one, there is still much hope.

What were the real goals and expectations for this team back in August? Most of us thought 7-9 or so with clear development of some core younger players.

I think that is what you are seeing on defense and to a more limited extent with Helu, Davis and Austin on offense.

The problem has been that Grossman after the first two games regressed so much that it seemed as if nothing had improved from last season.

Remember this team lost to the Eagles 59-28 and that was without Rex Grossman on the field throwing batting practice!

I want to see some younger receivers on the field on Sundays.

Stallworth and Gaffney won't be here in 2012 in all likelihood, we need to get one or two of the pups on the field and get their feet wet.

That is what a rebuilding 7-9 type season is about.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

BB...don't keep me guessing!!! where's the preview big guy!!!

Do we have an out of context thread here? This is gold.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever started one, so this is your opportunity :) And yeah, I'm a virtual goldmine...

I'm not sure if anyone has ever started one, so this is your opportunity :) And yeah, I'm a virtual goldmine...

Boone, anybody that's been in the Chat Room with you during a game knows that!

"Virtual goldmine" doesn't even come close. :uhoh: :rolleyes2: :eek: :clown::thud::yikes::dizzy2::movefast::

Well, I have been known to undo my trouser button and get a little relaxed :)

I have to admit that I know absolutely nothing about Beck, other than the fact the sucked at Miami. Then again, a lot of QBs don't immediately make an impact, and get cut by the team that drafted them - only to win a title with another team. Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Drew Brees, Steve Young, Joe Theismann, and Johnny Unitas all come to mind. I know what you're thinking - those guys are in a different class. Yeah, tell that to the teams that traded them away early and see if they'd like a do over. We have to see what he's got to know whether he's a Heath Shuler or a Joe Theismann.

Some things are for certain though......Beck seems to throw too softly, he has to be a step up from Mr. Sexy, and he's getting thrown into a make or break situation for his career. We just have to wait and see how he responds.

Anything is possible. I'm hoping Beck gets in there and proves all the naysayers wrong. Hard not to root for a smart and humble guy.

... We have to see what he's got to know whether he's a Heath Shuler or a Joe Theismann...

Or somewhere in between, hopefully leaning a bit more in the "Joe" direction rather than the "Heath" direction. :)

We already know he's not Heath Shuler. We've seen him complete passes.

Ok I think we should stop mentioning Heath Shuler, I actually spent money on his jersey back in the day.................painful memories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.