• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Beck is the Starter

Just as a I thought.

Both Grossman and McNabb lose their starting jobs within hours of each other, so most likely we won't see Grossman vs McNabb in the Minny game.

I'd say its about 50/50 right now. Ponder will struggle, and with our OL there is no guarantee Beck will survive until week 16.

Hope Beck doesn't toss ducks like he did last Sunday. I can't take getting frustrated by yet another Redskin QB!!!

Honestly, my friend had this theory and I agree: Grossman is just too short. He can't see over the line and whether or not a guy is covered. He's going all on feel.

BS. Drew Brees is an inch shorter than Grossman. Grossman just sucks.

Hey, look at it this way - if he throws 3 or less interceptions its an improvement!
Even if he plays as bad as Rex did, it would still suck, but at least we could attribute it to his lack of game experience. For him to have an equal shot, he needs to be given plenty of slack.

Also, count me as another who will believe we can make the playoffs, unless, or until, we are mathematically eliminated.

Even if he plays as bad as Rex did, it would still suck, but at least we could attribute it to his lack of game experience. For him to have an equal shot, he needs to be given plenty of slack.

And in some ways, he will have less excuses than Grossman. Fortunately for him, he's going against arguably the worst defense in the league. When it comes to points allowed, no defense has allowed more than Carolina.

Glad beck got the nod time to see what he's got.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Beck's mobility will serve him well in the coming weeks. I actually like having Grossman there to back up if necessary this season. Better than some schmoe who doesn't know the system. We'll see what Beck has and go from there. Playoffs are certainly not out of the equation.....yet. The league is so F'd up that anything is certainly possible.

As for our upcoming offseason.....if I were the GM I'd go HEAVY on the OL and draft the next hope for QB. Either he backs up whoever is here or starts....either way, I'll be happy to have him in the fold. The key will then be to have a line that can protect whoever's back there and open up some running lanes. Beyond that, some depth in other areas....but nothing that cries out that I can see.

remaincalmal128570794176043199.jpg

We need to have another guy ready for next season... But who?

So what others vets are available that we could pick up to learn the offense in the case that Beck flounders? Whether we draft a guy or sign a free agent, we're going to need someone to start.

So do we sign a vet to a two year deal to learn the system and perhaps be our starter until our rookie is ready (if he needs to be groomed)?

Garard is out for the season with Back Surgery...He'll be available next season if he heals...as will be ...wait for it... wait for it...

Jason Campbell

:joker: :oops: :joker:

Garard is out for the season with Back Surgery...He'll be available next season if he heals...as will be ...wait for it... wait for it...

Jason Campbell

:joker: :oops: :joker:

DM, when you were a kid did you used to be the guy that threw rocks at wasps nests just for the adrenalin rush? :movefast::laugh:

brett favre is availble imsure he would love to play again

Man, I really admire people who can still think playoffs...my mindset now unfortunately is "no way, no how."

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?

You were thinking playoff's with Rex, and it's no way, no how with a guy with a stronger arm, and mobility that suits the system ?

Hmmmmm

You were thinking playoff's with Rex, and it's no way, no how with a guy with a stronger arm, and mobility that suits the system ?

...the same guy who couldn't beat out that guy with the weaker arm, less mobility, and a worse fit for the system in training camp.

Just sayin'. :)

I actually agree with you Miles, I have a lot of hope, for some strange, inexplicable reason. BUT, I compltely understand those who don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.